Urgent fix needed on Thief

Swagger.1459

Not sure if the team is aware, or if this is already something known, but I just kept getting Condi (Poison and bleed) bombed while a Thief (Deadeye) remained completely invisible.

Thank you for your time!

Edit- And if this is wai, then my cute lil necro would like a permastealth condi bomber build too! ❤️

We probably fought the same build (or close). A rifle deadeye? I was on core ranger. So decent condi clear, anti burst option and my own source of stealth. I was 1V1 for 3 min before I died. I would not call that condi bomb and compare it to necro,. However I was under at least a permanent 3stacks of poison (which is strong on thief). And just like you describe, under stealth until he could burst again, will stealth like 20s, be back. My team won mid and a weaver replaced me after I died so you can say he did not contribute much but I think this is because he was experimenting and not good enough with the build (he missed a lot of opportunities). I agree this felt very frustrating. Then again, all thief builds are a bit cheesy. Spam an option and abuse a mechanic that offers little counter play (stealth, blink + LoS, evade). Wait and see if this becomes worst.

Sustain and stealth are two things that should never mix. Fortunately this build isn't tooooo bad. The main problem is its face roll cheese that's extremely forgiving due to how much stealth it has and how tanky it is. Fortunately its only damage is poison, and even mediocre condi clears if managed correctly should be enough to deal with this once you get the hang of it. The main problem isn't being killed by this build 1v1 though, its actually managing to kill it.

On the brightside at least its not as bad as condi p/d core perplex thief was back before HoT dropped. Now that was an abomination.

C'mon guys.It's okay if you have an harder time against certain build and an easier time against others. You can't just expect to beat everything easily, else you are playing the unbalanced build. Hehe

To every build there are usually counters.They come under two forms:A) Other professions or builds (in this case, bunker weaver or tempest, Firebrand, boonbeast, holosmith, etc).B) Other traits, utilities and weapon choices. Of course there are drawbacks to have a well-rounded trait and utility selection to face condi, range, power, melee, etc. You usually have to focus if you don't want to loose your offensive potential.

Overpower builds are indeed those that can do everything (deal with any type of opponents) without compromising DMG. But in this very case, a condi DE... is far from that. A ranged DE cannot really engage on point.

Stealth does not allow to to capture point, they're typically quite fragile especially to bust and CCs (and if they are not because they have SA and Accro, their DMG won't be really threatening unless it's a melee DE), condi bomb can also take them out usually, any reflect will have a devastating effect against them if well timed...

...based on their trait choices, it will always expose a DE to specific strategies/threats, unless they are super skilled... At which point any good build in the good hands can be, and DE is not especially more dangerous than other builds.

@Swagger.1459 said:@Irenio CalmonHuang.2048 @Ben Phongluangtham.1065

Sorry for bugging y’all... Not sure if the team is aware, or if this is already something known, but I just kept getting Condi (Poison and bleed) bombed while a Thief (Deadeye) remained completely invisible.

Thank you for your time!

Edit- And if this is wai, then my cute lil necro would like a permastealth condi bomber build too! ❤️

Condi build should not be invisible while applying conditions. If they are it’s a latency issue more than likely.

But I can’t help you on getting bleed/poison bombed. That’s a feature :cookie: and a not unbalanced one at that.

• 2 weeks later...

Did you get Torment also? He may have been using Rune of the Krait.

This was used back in the days of perma-Stealth trapper builds. As long as the Thief is close to you, he can put conditions on you without being Revealed by using an elite utility... unless his elite utility does direct damage.

An alternate rune would be the Rune of Grenth for the Chilled condition. Oddly enough, the Rune of the Firebrand will actually Reveal the Thief because it doesn't simply apply Burning, but creates a Fire Aura which causes direct damage along with the Burning condition. If the Deadeye is already in Stealth, not even its elite utility Shadow Meld will prevent the Reveal from the Fire Aura.

• 2 weeks later...

A need of urgency for a new design team and a nrw balance is what is needed

Until than, play healthy competitive games

Join us where your enjoyment matters

(as Im speaking, 9 wvw commanders are in live twich deciding to quit the game with some of their guild players)

Thete is nothing to lose after leaving this unhealthy game

In the end, we are no longer treated as jokes

@Burnfall.9573 said:A need of urgency for a new design team and a nrw balance is what is needed

(as Im speaking, 9 wvw commanders are in live twich deciding to quit the game with some of their guild players)

What’s the real reason they want to quit???

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@Burnfall.9573 said:A need of urgency for a new design team and a nrw balance is what is needed

I'm surprise that you're even asking me this??

Are you paying any attention Aeolus to what Anet is intentionally doing?

@Burnfall.9573 said:

I'm surprise that you're even asking me this??

Are you paying any attention Aeolus to what Anet is intentionally doing?

If there’s something obvious for sure I am not noticing it.

It’s because the meta changes ???

One of my older deadeye gimmick builds is a perma stealth condi applicator but it doesn't do enough condi pressure. The caveat is that you also have to be careful of what stolen abilities you use from which class, or it will reveal you. Yes it's able to apply certain condi in stealth, but not enough to down someone unless it's truly limited cleansing and they stand in my dodge caltrops. Trickery+shadow arts would be the standard but sa+da can also be done. I have not played it after the recent changes to sa, but now after hearing this I'll have to give it a spin again.