Eye On Necromancer For August 2019!

Swagger.1459

@Nimon.7840 said:

@Lily.1935 said:First one yes. The rest no.

I'm with you. Didn't read everything but most of it I didn't like.

Taking away lifeforce as an extra healthbar and make shroud work like holoforge was my suggestion as well. But that would need a complete necro overhaul. Need blocks, or evade frames, or invincibility.

Personally, I'd rework Core necromancer's death shroud mechanic into F skills that use life force and keep reaper as a shroud. I'd do something like ThisF1: Life Blast but easier to spam but eats life force quickly if you do. Would be a powerful burst skill.F2: Would be Dark Path but it would be a ground teleport like in beta.F3: Doom. No changes but would cost life force.F:4 would be Gathering Plague from the underwater skill but now on land. Probably give it a turn over skill that transferred conditions or something.F5: Would be death shroud, but it would just be a health shield that eats your life force as it normally does but doesn't lock you out of your skills.

I'd also have some weapons impacted when you have shroud up or have specific conditions met such as bleeding so life Siphon would transform into life transfer if you're using shroud or for a few seconds after suffering bleeding.

Some traits would be changed to better reflect these changes, but not in a way that would hurt reaper or scourge

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Appreciate the effort put into that Swagger :)This got me thinking how cool it would be if there were small, isolated area, test servers where the devs could make specific changes like that so we could test them out and see how it actually feels in-game, I'd be willing to give it a go and actually toss out some feedback on your ideas.

@Aediph.2873 said:Appreciate the effort put into that Swagger :)This got me thinking how cool it would be if there were small, isolated area, test servers where the devs could make specific changes like that so we could test them out and see how it actually feels in-game, I'd be willing to give it a go and actually toss out some feedback on your ideas.

I appreciate you!

• 5 weeks later...

@Solori.6025 said:

@"Zero.3871" said:"necro has one of the highest playrates last Season" ben said. this means anet plan HEAVILY nerfs to necro until playrates are one of the worst…

the next target of anet will be axe 2, when they remove Bonus dmg by vuln or reducing base dmg...thats the whole love we get. so lets enjoy the time until next nerfday.

This is why I think necro needs a team lead who actually plays the class.

they all play ele and guardian obviously :astonished: (((

@"Ghostt.1293" said:yeah... noo anet will never make reaper GS cooler and better it will over shadow all other weapons necro has like.... war...horn...sadly

That's an ominous thing to say... Unfortunately "ominous" is something that fit well the necromancer's thematic, so you might be spot on.

• 3 weeks later...

@Lily.1935 said:

@Lily.1935 said:First one yes. The rest no.

I'm with you. Didn't read everything but most of it I didn't like.

Taking away lifeforce as an extra healthbar and make shroud work like holoforge was my suggestion as well. But that would need a complete necro overhaul. Need blocks, or evade frames, or invincibility.

Personally, I'd rework Core necromancer's death shroud mechanic into F skills that use life force and keep reaper as a shroud. I'd do something like ThisF1: Life Blast but easier to spam but eats life force quickly if you do. Would be a powerful burst skill.F2: Would be Dark Path but it would be a ground teleport like in beta.F3: Doom. No changes but would cost life force.F:4 would be Gathering Plague from the underwater skill but now on land. Probably give it a turn over skill that transferred conditions or something.F5: Would be death shroud, but it would just be a health shield that eats your life force as it normally does but doesn't lock you out of your skills.

I'd also have some weapons impacted when you have shroud up or have specific conditions met such as bleeding so life Siphon would transform into life transfer if you're using shroud or for a few seconds after suffering bleeding.

Some traits would be changed to better reflect these changes, but not in a way that would hurt reaper or scourge

I like this one a lot, would be very flexible.Although maybe there should be some cast time on Doom (usable while stunned). And in return, it could be a ground targeted aoe skill.