Extra concentration instead than Swiftness while overloading..why??

Arheundel.6451

No Resistance ....No Stability spam.....No Aegis.....No Quickness...No Alacrity....Why for god's sake would I need more than basic 30% boon duration (in wvw with minstreal/giver stats or 14% with runes in pvp)?

Please somebody should try to explain me why ele needs extra concentration...It's such an arbitrary and useless change, meanwhile they are people suggesting to use arcana to gains swiftness , swiftness get applied while overloading...bunch of wiki eles...

The only application I see for it is making it slightly faster to accumulate 10 Might for the Power Underwhelming trait.Losing that damage after overloading hurts me more than having the Swiftness shifted around.

To me this smells more like "We need to change SOMETHING" than "We need to make Tempest better".

@"Dahir.4158" said:

@Zahrak.6382 said:Game is full of swiftness. Whats the big deal? All the qq seems like l2p issue to me. Also overload swiftness is there, just trait for it

Yes, let's trait for it and miss out on something which is way more beneficial for the group. Yes, let's do that. Yes.

Why would you want a selfish trait over boon duration then? One helps you only, the other helps your group.

@steki.1478 said:

@"Dahir.4158" said:

@Zahrak.6382 said:Game is full of swiftness. Whats the big deal? All the qq seems like l2p issue to me. Also overload swiftness is there, just trait for it

Yes, let's trait for it and miss out on something which is way more beneficial for the group. Yes, let's do that. Yes.

Why would you want a selfish trait over boon duration then? One helps you only, the other helps your group.

Tbh, I really don't care about the boon duration. While dueling on my tempest tonight, I felt useless. I had no swiftness on overloads, which meant I couldn't even reach players if they tried to kite me--couldn't even land a decent earth one, so that I could try to immob and land a burst. It's messing me up all the time and it's making me feel useless. Make the swiftness trait a minor again and everything will be alright. Better yet, just make it a basic thing with overloads. Why do we need to have a trait dedicated to swiftness? Makes no sense to me.

@"Dahir.4158" said:

@"Dahir.4158" said:

Tbh, I really don't care about the boon duration. While dueling on my tempest tonight, I felt useless. I had no swiftness on overloads, which meant I couldn't even reach players if they tried to kite me--couldn't even land a decent earth one, so that I could try to immob and land a burst. It's messing me up all the time and it's making me feel useless. Make the swiftness trait a minor again and everything will be alright. Better yet, just make it a basic thing with overloads. Why do we need to have a trait dedicated to swiftness? Makes no sense to me.

I mean..tempest doesn't have dueling potential to begin with. It's a worse version of reaper when it comes to dueling, with or without swiftness. Besides, you'd want stability trait over anything for dueling so I don't see the issue. You get regen and vigor from arcane which is pretty mandatory for any solo pvp build and theres also glyph heal which grants you the missing swiftness/regen.

I don't see the point of complaints about a role that has nothing to do with the elite spec.

@"Dahir.4158" said:

Then trait for more group support and get swiftness by other means. For me tempest is much more fluid now.

@steki.1478 said:

@"Dahir.4158" said:

@"Dahir.4158" said:

I mean..tempest doesn't have dueling potential to begin with. It's a worse version of reaper when it comes to dueling, with or without swiftness. Besides, you'd want stability trait over anything for dueling so I don't see the issue. You get regen and vigor from arcane which is pretty mandatory for any solo pvp build and theres also glyph heal which grants you the missing swiftness/regen.

I don't see the point of complaints about a role that has nothing to do with the elite spec.

You have not seen me duel, I guess, and I will not gimp my build for a poor trait-line and mediocre heal skill.

@"Dahir.4158" said:

@"Dahir.4158" said:

@"Dahir.4158" said:

You have not seen me duel, I guess, and I will not kitten my build for a poor trait-line and mediocre heal skill.

Mate if you are dueling on a tempest without stab on overload and winning, you are dueling rocks. To say nothing of the fact that you are 'dueling' but for some reason are opting to take one of two other traits that are designed to support your team over the swiftness/stab on overload trait designed for solo play??

You are not helping your case.

The game is full of concentration i do not see why tempest needs more of it. As a ele class they get it from arcain line or can get it from the countless gear set and food items. I do not see a point for tempest to get just boon duration on a minor-trait when its class type already has the ability to get it.

@God.2708 said:

@"Dahir.4158" said:

@"Dahir.4158" said:

@"Dahir.4158" said:

You have not seen me duel, I guess, and I will not kitten my build for a poor trait-line and mediocre heal skill.

Mate if you are dueling on a tempest without stab on overload and winning, you are dueling rocks. To say nothing of the fact that you are 'dueling' but for some reason are opting to take one of two other traits that are designed to support your team over the swiftness/stab on overload trait designed for solo play??

You are not helping your case.

Okay :)

How can people say "it's alright".It's 120 concentration (+120 concentration when >90% life, which is never) and that's all, nothing else but Boon Duration.Arcane lane has -15% CD reduction on attunements.Thief has 240 concentration +50% vigor effectiveness . Engie gets heal per boon. Scourge gets expertise too. Etc. ( Ranger NM is a bit low, 180 or 240 for you and pet ...)Only concentration is KITTEN. And it's not like we spread Resistance or Alacrity, no.

Let the -120, or even 180, 240.... but give us back swiftness or something.

@"Dahir.4158" said:

Top 10 PvP players are rocks FeelsBadMan

However, you're an exceptional Ele player than Tempest actually being great for the dueling aspect, but you make it look as a duelist, which is lovely than braindead Sw/d with all its variants.

120 concentration is PvE change, and I don't think PvE lacked boons as of the last few years.

@Auburner.6945 said:@"Dahir.4158" said:

Top 10 PvP players are rocks FeelsBadMan

However, you're an exceptional Ele player than Tempest actually being great for the dueling aspect, but you make it look as a duelist, which is lovely than braindead Sw/d with all its variants.

120 concentration is PvE change, and I don't think PvE lacked boons as of the last few years.

Thank you for saying such kind words <3