Goodwill gesture to stop drama - Give those who bought bag slots a few equipment templates, for free

@"Ayakaru.6583" said:Wait, the templates also store equipment? I thought they would just auto equip everything.It was one of my dreads that whenever a template would automatically equip stuff, my inventory would be a mess

The Equipment Templates take everything out of your actual inventory and put them into a new separate inventory system, so items associated with an Equipment Template will never need to occupy space in your regular inventory bags.(kind of like how equipped gear is not in your inventory, everything in a template is considered "equipped, kinda").

@mtpelion.4562 said:

@"Ayakaru.6583" said:Wait, the templates also store equipment? I thought they would just auto equip everything.It was one of my dreads that whenever a template would automatically equip stuff, my inventory would be a mess

The Equipment Templates take everything out of your actual inventory and put them into a new separate inventory system, so items associated with an Equipment Template will never need to occupy space in your regular inventory bags.(kind of like how equipped gear is not in your inventory, everything in a template is considered "equipped, kinda").

Ah okay, i must've missed that part. That's got me confused.On one hand, I'm happy, since it frees up some inventory, regardless.

@Swagger.1459 said:

@Swagger.1459 said:In other words... “you gave us a free QoL feature, but because you did that, we now should get more free stuff”.A feature that would cost me around 500 euro if i actually decided to use it is hardly "free".

@Swagger.1459 said:Listen, Anet didn’t have to make build and gear templates.At this point i'd rather they didn't. At least i would still have access to a superior solution that is Arc templates

@"zealex.9410" said:Anet doesnt owe anyone refunds of free stuff because they bought bag tabs.That i agree with. No "refund" is going to wave away the bad monetization of this feature, nor is it going to fix many flaws it has.

Maybe you’d prefer if Anet started charging a monthly fee to play, so you can have a few more “free” things in game? And of course there would still be a gemstore too...Well, yes, personally i'd prefer a subscription model (full, obligatory one, not the "optional" kitten) now - although obviously the gemstore would need to be heavily revamped and most options moved to the game itself.Frankly, with the heavy and blatant monetization model we have now the full subscription would probably be an improvement.

Unfortunately, at this point, the unavoidable negativity backlash tied to such a significant change of pricing model would probably kill this game outright.