Recovered Charr Artifact... REALLY?!

I did map Competition with more than 10 characters to collect these, and use my wvw and pvp potions to collect the extra... and THEN they increase the reward?!I got only rare gear in every single chest... Can I at least get my Map reset so I can re-collect them? This is so frustrating....

@Vavume.8065 said:

@Runecrest.8940 said:I did map Competition with more than 10 characters to collect these, and use my wvw and pvp potions to collect the extra... and THEN they increase the reward?!

I did it 21 times along with both reward tracks, but I already know that even if they increased the chances by 10x I would still get a unidentified rare.

Yes I have no problem with not getting the shoulders etc I have terrible luck with loot box things, but now they drop the rare + Key +something else, some keys are worth more than 2 gold. So, if you got the charr artifact before the loot bonus you loss at least 21 gold, and the keys save you completing events if you go for the daily map chest.

@"Maria Murtor.7253" said:The drop rate was probably 0,01 % and is now 0,02 %. Doubled Chance - no big deal.I did map completion with 32 characters, both reward tracks and the Vault Achievement. So, I opened about 50 Artifacts and got nothing. You never had a "real" chance.

Now they drop map keys worth 1-3 gold and save waiting for event.

@Runecrest.8940 said:

@Runecrest.8940 said:I did map Competition with more than 10 characters to collect these, and use my wvw and pvp potions to collect the extra... and THEN they increase the reward?!

I did it 21 times along with both reward tracks, but I already know that even if they increased the chances by 10x I would still get a unidentified rare.

Yes I have no problem with not getting the shoulders etc I have terrible luck with loot box things, but now they drop the rare + Key +something else, some keys are worth more than 2 gold. So, if you got the charr artifact before the loot bonus you loss at least 21 gold, and the keys save you completing events if you go for the daily map chest.

You get a key 100% of the time? if so then yeah that's just kinda sod's law I guess.

@Vavume.8065 said:

You get a key 100% of the time? if so then yeah that's just kinda sod's law I guess.

Yeah now it's one key, one unid rare, one 'charr' item and then the jackpot rolls. I does kind of suck for ppl (like me) who have already done extra map completes and opened all their boxes, but I wouldn't consider it 'unfair' any more than it's 'unfair' that the home node is less on tp than from vendor, or that some ppl may have paid more for the visage box before the drop rate was increased, etc. . . .

@Gop.8713 said:

Yeah now it's one key, one unid rare, one 'charr' item and then the jackpot rolls. I does kind of suck for ppl (like me) who have already done extra map completes and opened all their boxes, but I wouldn't consider it 'unfair' any more than it's 'unfair' that the home node is less on tp than from vendor, or that some ppl may have paid more for the visage box before the drop rate was increased, etc. . . .

Well as I mentioned above I have done 21 map completes before the buff to the reward, so I lost out there, however, I just bought the hatched chili node from the TP for 16g, so I gained in that aspect, you win some you lose some.

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:You may be misinterpreting this:"Recovered" Charr Artifacts now have increased rewards: an additional piece of charr-themed gear, one of the four legion keys, and double the chance of receiving a Visage of the Khan-Ur. Nothing about any guaranteed rewards.

I doubt the 'preview' is mistaken.

Of course, anything is possible.

Can you re-read what you quoted there yourself? "An additional piece of charr-themed gear, one of the four legion keys, and double the chance of receiving a Visage of the Khan-Ur." The screenshot might be outdated.

I did map completion before the update on a dozen characters myself and never received a key. So yes, we were given less than one receives now.

• 7 months later...

I've opened about 70 of the recovered charr artifacts and got junk. Did about 40 something or so on alts via map completion. The drop rate is so abysmal that even with this change, you do realize that it still takes 5,000 charr commendations just for 1 recovered charr artifact, right? That takes quite a while to obtain. If anything, we need more options like this for recovered charr artifacts. I'm glad Anet added this as another way of getting it.

Edit: Just realized someone had bumped up this topic from 2019 and thought the OP was talking about how unfair it is that the recovered charr artifacts are now being awarded from the legion reward boxes after 5,000 commendations. Feel free to delete this post of mine, mods.