the scrapped spider mount

@hugo.4705 said:If having to choose within Arachnida group, I would prefer a giant scorpion! I like them.

Think of all the different skins they could use. Scorpions, Devourers, Whipscorpions, Chak. Or even similar Insecta that can curve their back section over their bodies in a 'scorpion' like pose such as Ants and Earwigs :D

It's ability could be to 'stab' the ground in front and put a small sticky aoe poison field down like how Chak acid works :D

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Ryukai.6524 said:

@hugo.4705 said:If having to choose within Arachnida group, I would prefer a giant scorpion! I like them.

Think of all the different skins they could use. Scorpions, Devourers, Whipscorpions, Chak. Or even similar Insecta that can curve their back section over their bodies in a 'scorpion' like pose such as Ants and Earwigs :D

It's ability could be to 'stab' the ground in front and put a small sticky aoe poison field down like how Chak acid works :D

Exactly. It can even dig to find somes hidden items or rooms but maybe too much to ask. (I say that because there is a charr in bl citadel that tamed his devourers to find precious metals...)

Throwing acid is a good idea.We're in charr homelands, we could tame them, Gorrik is already researching on them.

Here's the spider mount in question, don't be silly and click it if your afraid of spiders, if you do then it's your fault. You have been warned!

!

There's also a scrapped tiger mount which is a shame as it's really beautiful, Looks a hek of a lot better than the current warclaw. (which has always looked very 'cartoony' to me.)

@hugo.4705 said:

Exactly. It can even dig to find somes hidden items or rooms but maybe too much to ask. (I say that because there is a charr in bl citadel that tamed his devourers to find precious metals...)

Throwing acid is a good idea.We're in charr homelands, we could tame them, Gorrik is already researching on them.

Actually Burrowing could be it's movement ability, you could 'burrow' through small cliffs and come out on the other side or into hidden cave systems :D

I'd still like to see a spider mount with a slow wall climb (masteries to add speed) or web shoot & glide movement style. The spider would have targeted surface-to-surface (or wall-to-wall) motion like the Oakheart Essence whereas the Skyscale has inaccurate sticky feet.

To get around phobia, ArenaNet could add code to the game that allows people to only see the default skins for other people's mounts and then make the default 'spider' something like a Chak or an invented creature like a giant fluffy bug found in the Deep Maguuma. Having a 'default mount skins only' setting would solve a lot of other visual issues too, but having more control of your visual experience would be a great boon in this game full-stop.

Do the thing, ArenaNet. Gimme a spooder.

@Forty Keks.9620 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:Prob because that and its sister weapon Antonina are rarely seen or even noticed should anyone have it amongst the particle effects. A spider mount is much more obvious and would be easily seen everywhere.

there are spiders in the game that will try to kill you, should we delete those?

Engineer has a Flamethrower build for a reason!

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:Prob because that and its sister weapon Antonina are rarely seen or even noticed should anyone have it amongst the particle effects. A spider mount is much more obvious and would be easily seen everywhere.

there are spiders in the game that will try to kill you, should we delete those?

Huehue. Thats my favorite build too.

@Forty Keks.9620 said:

Huehue. Thats my favorite build too.

Kill it with fire - works in pretty much every situation (except fighting destroyers...rip)

@Menadena.7482 said:

@Tommo Chocolate.5870 said:I thought the reason the spider mount was scrapped was that arachnophobia is very common - which is not the same as it being too scary. Of course there are already spiders in the game as enemies, but they decided that, for an arachnophobe, controlling a spider would be worse than from fighting one. (This is all from memory though - I don't have a source.)

Personally I find Sikandar comical rather than scary, but perhaps that's just me.

Well many people suffer from fear of heights.. best not get a flying mount or a glider.Some players have a fear of blood.... best not kill anything, better to run around chasing them butterflies insteadSome players get travel sickness .. beetles are a no no thenKnife crime is a thing... best get rid of swords, daggers, axes etc, better to suffocate them baddies with a hug.Some players just gotta whine and make excuses about anything these days .. long live the age of the snowflake, here to run ruin over the enjoyment for others whatever that may be.

Fear of XYZ tends to be a common reason not to do something. I was once told to take down a birdfeededer. Why? Not because it might attract squirrels or the like. Because some people were afraid of birds.

I'm currently playing Neverwinter and the spider mounts are awesome in it.. my daughter has been biting her nails for the past 10mins watching me scurry around the screen.. honest.

EDITED - To remove any biting I may of mistakenly admitted to :)

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:

@Tommo Chocolate.5870 said:I thought the reason the spider mount was scrapped was that arachnophobia is very common - which is not the same as it being too scary. Of course there are already spiders in the game as enemies, but they decided that, for an arachnophobe, controlling a spider would be worse than from fighting one. (This is all from memory though - I don't have a source.)

Personally I find Sikandar comical rather than scary, but perhaps that's just me.

Well many people suffer from fear of heights.. best not get a flying mount or a glider.Some players have a fear of blood.... best not kill anything, better to run around chasing them butterflies insteadSome players get travel sickness .. beetles are a no no thenKnife crime is a thing... best get rid of swords, daggers, axes etc, better to suffocate them baddies with a hug.Some players just gotta whine and make excuses about anything these days .. long live the age of the snowflake, here to run ruin over the enjoyment for others whatever that may be.

Fear of XYZ tends to be a common reason not to do something. I was once told to take down a birdfeededer. Why? Not because it might attract squirrels or the like. Because some people were afraid of birds.

I'm currently playing Neverwinter and the spider mounts are awesome in it..
I've been biting my daughter
has been biting her nails for the past 10mins watching me scurry around the screen.. honest.

I imagine your daughter is scared if you are biting her ;)

@Randulf.7614 said:

I'm currently playing Neverwinter and the spider mounts are awesome in it..
I've been biting my daughter
has been biting her nails for the past 10mins watching me scurry around the screen.. honest.

I imagine your daughter is scared if you are biting her ;)

Eek.. omg.. don't call da police plz.. gees that is why smart phones are sometimes.. too smart :)

Incoming EDIT to that post!!

Never really got the reasoning behind it. Yes some ppl are scared of spiders and yes this fear can be pathological. But so can be the fear of birds, yet we have a griffon. If ANet took every existing phoebia into account when making a game it would be impossible to have anything in the game, not even a large and empty space as there is such a thing as agoraphobia.