Upcoming Balance Notes - 10/1/2019

Irenio CalmonHuang.2048

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@Ghos.1326 said:I've recently fought a few scourges after this change, and let me tell you, they're so bad they still gave me quite a run for my money, and caused me to really think before rushing in on them and they actually.....oh wait, they're not bad at all? they're still good? they still deal a healthy amount of damage despite the trade off with shades and how they function? ....what's that? ...smart gameplay and careful planning based on your positioning and the enemy's will always triumph over PERCEIVED nerfs....? well who would have thought.... 4Head

Yeah I still see a scourge in pretty much every match and sometimes 2 and they still very strong.

They now have to focus like all aoe classes do, cast aoe at range or close...Most AoE classes don't have to wait for 15 sec to change from range to close.Most AoE classes are not completely defenseless in melee range once they've cast their AoE skills.

Sure, as long as the opponents don't catch on and don't focus the necro, it's not harder to survive than before.

I had no idea all scourges weapon skills and utilities were unusable when shade is deployed. If thsts the case pls fix lol

Oh there is a bug with things being unusable while shades are up? That sucks, I seriously hope it gets fixed soon. It took like 2 months for Elite Supply Crate to finally be fixed, as the healing turret deployed wasn't overcharging to do its condi clear/small heal. Seems all kinds wacky things came with this patch lol.

@Ghos.1326 said:

@Ghos.1326 said:I've recently fought a few scourges after this change, and let me tell you, they're so bad they still gave me quite a run for my money, and caused me to really think before rushing in on them and they actually.....oh wait, they're not bad at all? they're still good? they still deal a healthy amount of damage despite the trade off with shades and how they function? ....what's that? ...smart gameplay and careful planning based on your positioning and the enemy's will always triumph over PERCEIVED nerfs....? well who would have thought.... 4Head

Yeah I still see a scourge in pretty much every match and sometimes 2 and they still very strong.

They now have to focus like all aoe classes do, cast aoe at range or close...Most AoE classes don't have to wait for 15 sec to change from range to close.Most AoE classes are not completely defenseless in melee range once they've cast their AoE skills.

Sure, as long as the opponents don't catch on and don't focus the necro, it's not harder to survive than before.

I had no idea all scourges weapon skills and utilities were unusable when shade is deployed. If thsts the case pls fix lol

Oh there is a bug with things being unusable while shades are up? That sucks, I seriously hope it gets fixed soon. It took like 2 months for Elite Supply Crate to finally be fixed, as the healing turret deployed wasn't overcharging to do its condi clear/small heal. Seems all kinds wacky things came with this patch lol.

Lol no bug was makin a joke cuz they said without the shade on themselves in melee their completely useless lol

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Lol no bug was makin a joke cuz they said without the shade on themselves in melee their completely useless lol

Ah, I gotcha, yes totally useless, unplayable. Kappa.

@"Lhiash.4910" said:I can't believe you are going with the sand savant changes, scourge is already way too powerful in WvW and this is direct buff in pretty much all situations. Sigh I guess it means we need to get back to running 2-3 scourges per party. All this with core necro and reaper still being almost useless in any larger fights.

Dude, you realize this is a nerf right? They didn't increase the radius of the shades at all and with the fact that shade skills don't activate around the necro now if they have a shade out. They've basically made it where you're more likely to affect fewer targets with your abilities. With a shade out you also won't innately affect yourself with them. Seeing this will probably push quite a few people to revaluate scourge over reaper or base necro. I'm probably going back to reaper myself. Let's not even get into the disappointment of some of the other so-called "balance" changes for other classes.

@shadowpass.4236 said:You guys really killed ranger this patch.

What do you have against us?

Core ranger is literally trash tier now. Druid has been beaten past the point of death for the past few years. Now Soulbeast struggles even harder against the current meta builds.

REVERT THE NERFS TO GS!

Oh nooooo. Druid is trash, noone plays it.

• oh wait, it's still meta in raids

Noo we can't play core.

• oh wait, there's several other classes with bad core specs as well

Noo. Soulbeast struggles.

• oh wait. They actually changed nothing for pve endgame, condi soulbeast wasn't changed at all. They just brought down ranger longbow auto. From 8k from over 1500 range to 7k from 1500 range.Mimimi ranger is so bad. It's the only class that can hit people behind walls inside keeps and towers in wvw now. Does up to 30k dmg with one longbow 5.

Let me tell you this. Ranger didn't see any nerfs at all. Maybe the sword changes, but then just go and play axe

@Aeolus.3615 said:

They now have to focus like all aoe classes do, cast aoe at range or close...That’s the issue scourge players want local and range at same time, they now can even bomb 10 targets...

Good scourge players will adapt faster.

There's nothing to adapt to, really, when every option is kitten. Sure, you can barnacle on top of a Firebrand and go ham in melee, but as soon as you're alone, the spec becomes clunky, annoying, restrictive and kinda weak...

@MethaneGas.8357 said:

They now have to focus like all aoe classes do, cast aoe at range or close...That’s the issue scourge players want local and range at same time, they now can even bomb 10 targets...

There's nothing to adapt to, really, when every option is kitten. Sure, you can barnacle on top of a Firebrand and go ham in melee, but as soon as you're alone, the spec becomes clunky, annoying, restrictive and kinda weak...

Not the spec necessarily, the build. That build is supposed to be that way. The specific Scourge build in question is meant to be a damage carry. If you give it high defenses as well, then it becomes a damage carry duelist. I don't think it should be that way, if it's focusing on doing damage, then it shouldn't get to also survive focus fire and have great mobility. That's the current issue with the game: too many builds have this. It's part of the big powercreep issue. If we can work to get rid of this, then trust me, things will start to see better direction and the game will be much more enjoyable.

@Nimon.7840 said:

@shadowpass.4236 said:You guys really killed ranger this patch.

What do you have against us?

Core ranger is literally trash tier now. Druid has been beaten past the point of death for the past few years. Now Soulbeast struggles even harder against the current meta builds.

REVERT THE NERFS TO GS!

Oh nooooo. Druid is trash, noone plays it.
  • oh wait, it's still meta in raids

Noo we can't play core.
  • oh wait, there's several other classes with bad core specs as well

Noo. Soulbeast struggles.
  • oh wait. They actually changed nothing for pve endgame, condi soulbeast wasn't changed at all. They just brought down ranger longbow auto. From 8k from over 1500 range to 7k from 1500 range.Mimimi ranger is so bad. It's the only class that can hit people behind walls inside keeps and towers in wvw now. Does up to 30k dmg with one longbow 5.

Let me tell you this. Ranger didn't see any nerfs at all. Maybe the sword changes, but then just go and play axe

I'm talking about sPvP LOL

Take your attitude somewhere else :joy:

The 5 of Oppressive Collapse torch may be right to modify it but do the same with other classes if they do not return it as it was, such as the guadian, revenant or thief who being behind a pillar or wall in the ruins teleports to the necro without range of vision and other skills of those and other classes.

Regarding that the F2,3,4,5 no longer work on the pj they gave him in the mother, now the necro is a sack of potatoes, I am able to hit and cannot defend / attack once F1 is used.

The rest seems a bit more functional.

Surprised theres not a flood of minstrel deadeye builds floating around with the changes where life stealing got buffed. I do remember before the patch it was like 1k aoe heal to 5 players when using d/p #3 and shortbow #5. Will have to see how much its improved to make the most annoying thief build ever created.

@LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:The Scourge main mechanic change is a massive unnecessary nerf outside of WvW. Sand savant is the issue for WvW just fix that. Please

No changes to make Chronomancer’s core mechanic more usable after you gutted it by removing “baseline illusionary Persona” and now you’re just doing the same thing to Scourge?? Sad

You guys want feedback but don’t take it when we give it to you....people have been saying this is a bad idea for both Scourge and Chrono since these changes were announced/occurred, and nothing. Just crickets.

The fact that they aren't listening is why their profits are dropping and they are having massive layoffs (also profit taking by vulture capitalists, of course). Sadly, instead of rethinking their strategy, they double down on failed policies.

• Confused 1

Idk if all these people justifying scg changes in pvp dont play the game or are utter trash at it. Even before this patch it was so easy to kill a scg on literally any class. All the salt from launch is combining with the noob-ness and forming these opinions. Nice.

@Ghos.1326 said:

Not the spec necessarily, the build. That build is supposed to be that way. The specific Scourge build in question is meant to be a damage carry. If you give it high defenses as well, then it becomes a damage carry duelist. I don't think it should be that way, if it's focusing on doing damage, then it shouldn't get to also survive focus fire and have great mobility. That's the current issue with the game: too many builds have this. It's part of the big powercreep issue. If we can work to get rid of this, then trust me, things will start to see better direction and the game will be much more enjoyable.

The reason why I said 'specialization' and not 'build' is because the nerf affects ALL Scourge builds, not just Curses Scourge. The survivalbility of every Scourge build is lower now, not matter what you run.

We have worked out if scourge is not standing in his sand shade then it has no defence, but what seems to be getting lost in this is the shade that was on him/her is gone so no damage coming from him/her so take all the other builds and halve there main attack and you would have what they have done to the scourge. they call this balancing lets call it for what it is it's a bloody NERF...

@brokencrystal.7084 said:We have worked out if scourge is not standing in his sand shade then it has no defence, but what seems to be getting lost in this is the shade that was on him/her is gone so no damage coming from him/her so take all the other builds and halve there main attack and you would have what they have done to the scourge. they call this balancing lets call it for what it is it's a bloody NERF...

When the scourge shades are up, you are then able to proc your shade skills on yourself. So you still have a means of attack/defense if you get close enough to do so.

laugh and cry looking at his eleI don’t think that we will wait for any adequate rebalance while the children of the employees play this game.I literally hear asking "dad, I want 2 times more life and the same damage as the elementalist" =P as a result, we have a e.g. necro partyor "I couldn’t shoot that ele because of its reflections" and we get useless porridge in tempest traits.. shoot with impunity at a distance of 1500 it is very balanced =3etc.

Screenshot

excellent balanceas I remember now, "the elementalist is too strong because we decided that .." but why then raid cm modes easy to do necro party and this has not been fixed ;)

trying to find a developer :anguished:and now seriously. equilibrium should be based on the specific capabilities of the class. one can rely on him not on the speculations of schoolchildren, but on concrete equations. for example, by drawing a hexagon and marking the characteristics on the corners. to the corner from the center of the scale, and the specific points on them are indicators of the fat damage of life buffs, the healing of defense protection. the area of ​​the figures obtained in the end should be equal to all.the co-factors of the number of faces expected above should also qualify on the basis of the same principle, relying on other peaks, mobility, ease of rotation, the ability to avoid damage or attack undetected or not being within reach.I sincerely hope that the right employee will read it ..****p.s. sorry for my english :)