Give us an optional subscription for convenience stuff

@Obtena.7952 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:No it's not ... what is needed is not subjective. If you can play the game without items from the GS, they aren't needed and since people have done and still do that ... then you know they aren't needed.

By your thinking you never need to buy pof because you can just play core with restrictions.

I stopped playing on characters with less bag space a while ago because it was a shore till anet introduced unidentified gear to all of Tyria.

That's not my thinking at all. You just don't need anything from the GS to play this game, PERIOD.

You might not need some optional stuff to play the game. However, some people might need some convenience items in order for the game to be fun for them.

And I think that's what Braile is referring to. And what people mean when they start listing off QoL items on a list of things they need.

No, they might WANT some convenience items in order for the game to be fun with them. I get what he means; i'm not the one that needs to be corrected here.

Yes, you are.

You can need something in order for something to be fun.

No, I made NO indication between what is needed and what is fun.

But some things are needed in order to have fun. And those things can vary from person to person as what is and what is not fun is subjective.

Let's remember that outside of the tech/account help areas, that when people talk about needing things in games, that they usually have an implied "to have fun/enjoy the game" and stop getting so hung up on semantics when you get their meaning.

That's not a need to paly the game ... that's a need to have fun. Let's be VERY clear here .. the statement was that he NEEDED items from the GS to play the game. That's false.

And some people need build templates in order for the game to be fun.

OK ... that's doesn't change what I said ... build templates are not needed to play the game. If that wasn't true, no one would have been able to play this game without Arc templates. that's not the case.

Then stop acting like everyone is talking about need as in "need to play the game" when you know full well most people mean "need in order to have fun".

How about this ... no I'm not going to second-guess someone when they insist they are talking about needing to play vs have fun. The statement was very clear. I like the added bit of comedy where you accuse ME of assuming ... I'm doing the NOT assuming here.

here is a new idea ... maybe you go police people who can't express themselves properly. If they mean fun, they should say it. But they didn't. They said needed to play. Why would I not believe them?

When I see it, I call it out. It's just Braile expressed himself clearly. It's called using context.

You must need new glasses then, because I didn't take his statement out of context. He said GS items needed to play the game. That's not a 'misspeak' and if it was, there was plenty of time for him to correct it, considering I challenged it multiple time. Maybe you should just retreat and admit that your questioning of what I'm saying didn't go the way you wanted it to. You want to stray off , try to have a poke at me ... it failed. I'm not wrong.

Items from the GS are not needed to play this game PERIOD.

And again. He wasn't saying that they are needed to play the game. It's clear through context that he's implying that it's a need in order to have fun. He didn't have any misspeak to correct.

He also didn't come out and correct me either. So don't assume because he didn't correct you that you're right.

It's you who should question that this didn't go the way you wanted.

But since it's clear that neither of us are going to convince the other of our opinion, regardless of who is right and who is wrong, we should agree to disagree.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Seera.5916 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:No it's not ... what is needed is not subjective. If you can play the game without items from the GS, they aren't needed and since people have done and still do that ... then you know they aren't needed.

By your thinking you never need to buy pof because you can just play core with restrictions.

I stopped playing on characters with less bag space a while ago because it was a shore till anet introduced unidentified gear to all of Tyria.

That's not my thinking at all. You just don't need anything from the GS to play this game, PERIOD.

You might not need some optional stuff to play the game. However, some people might need some convenience items in order for the game to be fun for them.

And I think that's what Braile is referring to. And what people mean when they start listing off QoL items on a list of things they need.

No, they might WANT some convenience items in order for the game to be fun with them. I get what he means; i'm not the one that needs to be corrected here.

Yes, you are.

But some things are needed in order to have fun. And those things can vary from person to person as what is and what is not fun is subjective.

Let's remember that outside of the tech/account help areas, that when people talk about needing things in games, that they usually have an implied "to have fun/enjoy the game" and stop getting so hung up on semantics when you get their meaning.

That's not a need to paly the game ... that's a need to have fun. Let's be VERY clear here .. the statement was that he NEEDED items from the GS to play the game. That's false.

OK ... that's doesn't change what I said ... build templates are not needed to play the game. If that wasn't true, no one would have been able to play this game without Arc templates. that's not the case.

Then stop acting like everyone is talking about need as in "need to play the game" when you know full well most people mean "need in order to have fun".

How about this ... no I'm not going to second-guess someone when they insist they are talking about needing to play vs have fun. The statement was very clear. I like the added bit of comedy where you accuse ME of assuming ... I'm doing the NOT assuming here.

here is a new idea ... maybe you go police people who can't express themselves properly. If they mean fun, they should say it. But they didn't. They said needed to play. Why would I not believe them?

When I see it, I call it out. It's just Braile expressed himself clearly. It's called using context.

You must need new glasses then, because I didn't take his statement out of context. He said GS items needed to play the game. That's not a 'misspeak' and if it was, there was plenty of time for him to correct it, considering I challenged it multiple time. Maybe you should just retreat and admit that your questioning of what I'm saying didn't go the way you wanted it to. You want to stray off , try to have a poke at me ... it failed. I'm not wrong.

And again. He wasn't saying that they are needed to play the game.

yeah he was ... those were the words he used ... when i challenged those words, he continued to insist it was about playing the game. That's not an opinion either. It's actually documented by the forum posts.

@Obtena.7952 said:

Yes, you are.

And again. He wasn't saying that they are needed to play the game.

yeah he was ... those were the words he used ... when i challenged those words, he continued to insist it was about playing the game.

I've agreed to disagree with you. I do not wish to argue semantics with you anymore as it is clear that I won't change your mind. And if it hasn't become clear: you will not change my mind either. Your choice on if you want to waste your time with another reply.

@Braile.3894 said:

@Astralporing.1957 said:Trust me, you don't want that. Optional subscription games always end up crippling their base functionality in order to push players towards the subscrition.

Full, obligatory subscription is practically always a better choice than an optional one. Asking for that is just asking for a system that mixes the worst parts of both cashshop and subscription systems together.

Yeah I get that but we are already at a place where the game is unplayable if you don't spend a kitten ton of money.

How's that? Care to explain?

Its a horrible system.. It doesn't fix anything, you are actually worse off than you are now, ESO has this and the cosmetics are still in the cash shop, but so is exactly what we have now.. Paying a sub just means you get a few bonuses over free players, which is exactly what we have now with the owned versions, which if they follow ESO we'd get a monthly gem stash which honestly wouldn't buy squat.. The rest are added artificially to make it look good..

The black lion trade cosmetics and account stuff would not change..