why doesnt stealth break this skill?

Crab Fear.1624

@"megilandil.7506" said:correct answer is that stealth shouldnt break any skill, stealth is not disaparithion or intangibility, its simple "invisivility" any skill should continue its normal casting, if not cancelled, and go in the spot where stealthed toon wass just the moment before stealth

Yes, but if I move away from the projected pathing, and they have nothing to target, a 3 part skill should not follow me automatically.

I also notice that mesmer clones staff and scepter autos will still find me and track me several seconds after stealth, curving around corners, and over walls at that.

Little off topic, but throw boulder from rampage is a seeking missile that curves around corners and can ignore some Los. If I shadow step away somehow the rock gains 2100 range sometimes...lol

I'd guess that unrelenting assault retargets between every strike as it jumps between random targets. If you stealth, you are not available as a target anymore, thus the skill cancels (or jumps to a visible target - if available). Rocket charge always hits the same target if I am not mistaken (?).Ignore this post if my assumption about rocket charge is wrong.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

@"megilandil.7506" said:correct answer is that stealth shouldnt break any skill, stealth is not disaparithion or intangibility, its simple "invisivility" any skill should continue its normal casting, if not cancelled, and go in the spot where stealthed toon wass just the moment before stealth

Yes, but if I move away from the projected pathing, and they have nothing to target, a 3 part skill should not follow me automatically.

I also notice that mesmer clones staff and scepter autos will still find me and track me several seconds after stealth, curving around corners, and over walls at that.

Little off topic, but throw boulder from rampage is a seeking missile that curves around corners and can ignore some Los. If I shadow step away somehow the rock gains 2100 range sometimes...lol

Ill add to it since i play kite heavy playstyle, on capricorn screw every warrior asure and their rocks that fly throught the wall and the floors, also mesmer staff 3 if used before you stealth WILL HIT YOU, after channel and after skill summon and then clones walking up and channeling, sometimes even 2s after its started.as for scepter channel, its becouse first 0,5s of channel doesnt even show beam of channel.

Stealth as a whole is very counter intuitive in this game. Aegis wont break stealth so that DJ from the DE, nor the backstab, or literally any other skill will break stealth.Same for blinds, you can whack away at someone to clear blind and only when you actually land the hit will you get revealed.There is no feedback about hitting the enemy, unless you switch to a combat tab and not be able to use regular chat easily, or have the combat stats being spammed in your chatbox.   Most videogames have successfully moved away from omnipotent stealth, since it is not exactly fun for either side (unless you are into unfair advantages). Old Evelynn in LoL used to be able to stun you for 3 secs out of stealth, which was much like Gw2's stealth were almost nothing reveals them, she could also stand next to you with Sunfire capes, an item that does passive damage around you, back then you could stack 6 and you would literally melt people by standing next to them in stealth, and no amount of flailing or skill usage around you would reveal her, or let you know you hit her.

WoW made it so that rogues are temporarily revealed when they go near you, higher chances if in front of you, and also they cant 100-0 you in less than 2 seconds.

Anet's attempt to give a counter to stealth was revealed, but then they also gave the class with the most stealth uptime in the game, the means to remove the already-hard-to-come-by reveal; a counter to the counter.....

Countless feedback on the matter has been given, but it would require the devs to actually sit down and analyse their game, which seems like a grand operation... and we are already hard pressed to get a proper balance patch every 3-4 months....

@Erzian.5218 said:I'd guess that unrelenting assault retargets between every strike as it jumps between random targets. If you stealth, you are not available as a target anymore, thus the skill cancels (or jumps to a visible target - if available). Rocket charge always hits the same target if I am not mistaken (?).Ignore this post if my assumption about rocket charge is wrong.

That's the correct answer.Unrelenting Assault is not channeled. Its just many teleports connected between available targets. You can't target someone with stealth, so the skill will naturally ignore it.

@Fortus.6175 said:Stealth as a whole is very counter intuitive in this game.It is not.

@Fortus.6175 said:Aegis wont break stealth so that DJ from the DE, nor the backstab, or literally any other skill will break stealth.Same for blinds, you can whack away at someone to clear blind and only when you actually land the hit will you get revealed.There is no feedback about hitting the enemy, unless you switch to a combat tab and not be able to use regular chat easily, or have the combat stats being spammed in your chatbox.Stealth breaks once the thief deals ACTUAL damage. Hitting a block does not deals damage, it doesn't break skills. Thief hitting someone while blind does not deal damage, it doesn't break stealth.Hitting a warrior with endure pain deals 0 damage, it DOES break stealth. @Fortus.6175 said:Most videogames have successfully moved away from omnipotent stealth, since it is not exactly fun for either side (unless you are into unfair advantages). Old Evelynn in LoL used to be able to stun you for 3 secs out of stealth, which was much like Gw2's stealth were almost nothing reveals them, she could also stand next to you with Sunfire capes, an item that does passive damage around you, back then you could stack 6 and you would literally melt people by standing next to them in stealth, and no amount of flailing or skill usage around you would reveal her, or let you know you hit her.

Which is exactly why GW2 stealth is not omnipotent. Stealth player still get damaged, still get condi damage, will break stealth if they do any sort of actual damage and each stealth stack only last a few seconds (usually 2 or 3, save some exceptions).

Stealth also can't cap points in all game modes (you can actually fail defensive events on PvE by abusing stealth, since everytime you disapear the mobs will tick).

Also, ever GW2 started, only new playres complain about stealth. Veterans have no problem with it.

@Fortus.6175 said:WoW made it so that rogues are temporarily revealed when they go near you, higher chances if in front of you, and also they cant 100-0 you in less than 2 seconds.Yeh and it worked? No. New players still complain about stealth. Because they always conplain about stealth.

@Fortus.6175 said:Anet's attempt to give a counter to stealth was revealed, but then they also gave the class with the most stealth uptime in the game, the means to remove the already-hard-to-come-by reveal; a counter to the counter.....

They also gave it to Rangers, Necros, Revenants, Warriors and Engies and Guardians.

@Fortus.6175 said:Countless feedback on the matter has been given, but it would require the devs to actually sit down and analyse their game, which seems like a grand operation... and we are already hard pressed to get a proper balance patch every 3-4 months....

Because there is no need to listen to bad feedback.

@ROMANG.1903 said:

@"Crab Fear.1624" said:Rocket Charge

It's acting like a channel like rapid fire.

Unrelenting assault ends with stealth

Isn't the rule simply that dealing damage interrupts stealth? Or am I missing something?

There's some slightly counter-intuitive designs to stealth, particularly if it occurs with a combo field. If you use a leap through a shadow field, the first strike from that leap will not reveal you. You can do this d/p thief pretty easily -- just cast 5, then hit 2 to heartseeker someone nearby. The heartseeker acts as a leap, and the hit does not unstealth you (the damage applies before the stealth). Instead, you gain stealth in addition to the damage.

However, multi-hits like rocket charge can unstealth you, because the first strike is a leap and so is the third. You have to land the stealth on the third strike (but not the first) in order for this to work. I'm not as familiar with unrelenting assault though.