Potentially New Insane Accomplishment

So, I've been grinding out my Skyscale for the past few days, and in the "Troublesome Skyscales" Section, there is a location that the wiki claims is only accessible with a griffon or a jackal w/ shifting sands. However, I managed to reach this spot using only a springer w/ high jump and bond of faith mastery. I'm not sure if many people knew about this, but I thought I would pass it along to anyone who may not have known. This was an amazing feat for me, as it ended up saving me 20 gold when I was already pinched for gold as it was (Skyscale training is very expensive).

ee14d840226b0f0cc2be96dd026903bb.jpg

Method: You use your springer to get on the very tip of the pyramid below. After doing so, you do a high jump towards the platform to the south and then leap off of your mount. After doing so, you glide down and land on one of the bottom rocks. After doing so, you can springer jump up to the very top and walk across the sands to get to the skyscale location at the end of it.

Again, no clue if anyone knows about this, but I figured I'd post about it just in case.

@Linken.6345 said:

@Linken.6345 said:Well why dont you have the free to aquire jackal yet is my question.

Jackal costs 20g, and OP said they didn't have very much gold to spend.

Hm dont remember that =)

Among the 5 first mounts, only the Raptor is free; though most others are cheap, gold-wise.Springer costs 1g, Skimmer 4, Jackal 20 (or just over 30 if you haven't done the heart that day).Then there's the more complex to get mounts: Griffon of course takes the cake at 250g, but while the Rollerbeetle doesn't have a gold cost, the Warclaw costs 8g and the Skyscale costs 30g unavoidable, but also has a bunch of things that can be sped up with additional gold.

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

@Linken.6345 said:Well why dont you have the free to aquire jackal yet is my question.

Jackal costs 20g, and OP said they didn't have very much gold to spend.

Hm dont remember that =)

Among the 5 first mounts, only the Raptor is free; though most others are cheap, gold-wise.Springer costs 1g, Skimmer 4, Jackal 20 (or just over 30 if you haven't done the heart that day).Then there's the more complex to get mounts: Griffon of course takes the cake at 250g, but while the Rollerbeetle doesn't have a gold cost, the Warclaw costs 8g and the Skyscale costs 30g unavoidable, but also has a bunch of things that can be sped up with additional gold.

Yep. I had someone ask me why I hadn't gone for the griffon yet, and lack of gold was my response. I didn't even have the gold to spare to buy the jackal, since I was already down about 100 gold from the food/grow lamp alone and more gold was needed for the next step (35 for the saddle components). Griffon is definitely out of the question if I can't even spare the gold for a jackal.

@mindcircus.1506 said:Protip: You can cheese two of the upcomming JPs with the same springer+bond of faith method.

I actually figured that out as well. The one on top of the Sanctum in Crystal Oasis can also be reached with the springer + BoF combo. For the one in the big castle in the sky in Desert Highlands, I used the free skyscale treat you receive after starting the collection. It definitely came in handy, since I'm fairly certain a jackal is actually required to reach that one and a springer can't be used to skip that requirement. I'm finally onto the riding skyscape step, and the 250 of each region-based item is driving me insane. I want the skyscale so bad.