My game crashes at least once a day on brand new computer :(

Deleting the app folder is 'clearing the GW2 cache', which fixes many GW2 problems. It's not harmful, and instructions are found in the Knowledge Base ('Support' link above/below). No idea if it would help with connection issues. Usually, one uses a program like PingPlotter to determine ping/packet loss and where any connection issues lay.

Thanks for the information, I will try clearing the cache to see if that helps :)

The GM just got back to me, so now I don't know if I should still contact my ISP about it a second time or not:

Thanks for trying to get in contact with your ISP, and for the additional details! I have no doubt that this is primarily a Guild Wars 2 issue, though it seems unlikely that it is something on our servers causing the problem for a number of reasons:

1) The hops on our servers in your Ping Plotter test don't show any sign of severe problems which might cause disconnects.2) If there were problems affecting the game servers, more players would be affected and be contacting us, but we have not seen any uptick in the number of reports of connectivity issues.3) Similarly, as you seem to have noticed, your housemates don't seem to have encountered the same problem, which presents another interesting point for us to consider if they are also playing Guild Wars 2.

Because of the third point, if your housemates are able to play the game just fine on the same network, I would encourage you all to compare your setups and look for anything that might be different in them - Perhaps you use a different antivirus or similar piece of security software, maybe some of you are running different driver or operating system versions, or perhaps there is something different or malfunctioning at the hardware level with an ethernet port or wireless card in one of your systems - but, let's hope it's not the last one! :)

If this is an option, I would also like to encourage you to try logging into Guild Wars 2 on your account but on one of their computers, and try playing the content in which you tend to experience these disconnects, then let us know if the problem persists, or if you are able to play without interruption. Perhaps there is some insight to be gained from this that might point us towards the cause of the problem.

The main difference is that I use a PC and he uses a laptop. As far as connectivity is concerned the antenna in a laptop is located behind a screen, while the antenna on my computer are on the back end and blocked by my desk, but that doesn't stop me from having lightning fast internet when streaming or playing other online games.

I think my next step is to run an arenanet diagnostic for my housemates laptop and see if they can figure out what the main differences are. As far as I know we both have windows defender as only antivirus.

@Popocatl.2649 Hi, I've spoken with my ISP and the GM's and after several tests it has been established that my internet is fine so we can rule out the ISP. However it IS a disconnection issue. Basically what happens is the game disconnects, but instead of returning to the character select screen with an error message the screen turns black with a move-able cursor.

That said, I have been waiting for over 36 hours for a response after they asked me to send them a pathping -n on both my and my housemate's computer so they can compare. They haven't responded yet, probably because they are still trying to figure it out.

As I waited I also sent this info to my ISP and they assured me that from the pathping all they can see is that the internet is fine and that it's either GW or my wifi hardware.

Sooooo I have taken it upon myself to contact Asus, the provider of my wifi hardware, and asked them why on my Asus PCE-AC51 AC750 I have frequent disconnection issues to the guild wars game server, while my housemate who uses Dualband Wireless AC 3168 never has disconnection issues.

If Asus is able to provide a solution, GREAT! I will get a different wifi hardware for my PC and problem would be solved. If not, then the GM's will have to hopefully come to a realization that it's Guild Wars that is the problem and set some people on it to fix it. Hopefully they won't require an increase of connection issue reports "more players would be affected and be contacting us, but we have not seen any uptick in the number of reports of connectivity issues."

I mean generally people are lazy and would take the easy route and play with their cable directly connected to the router instead of sending in a ticket and troubleshoot for hours upon hours to find out why the wifi ain't working.

I've spent so many hours sending mails to the store I bought this from, to the gm's to troubleshoot, to my ISP, and now to fudgemuffin brownie cupcake Asus my wifi hardware provider, if I got minimum wage for the hours I spent doing all that I would have made half a grand. >.>;

@"Popocatl.2649" said:Someone has any update? I'm getting this error more than ever and I'm getting really tired of it, It cannot be my connectivity at all because this only happens in this game.

OH LOL I just realized my housemate's wifi hardware is from Intel. HMMMM. Is your wifi hardware also from Asus? Maybe a switch to intel in wifi hardware is more compatible with guild wars. I doubt Asus is going to recommend I switch to their competitors LOL so hopefully they will fix this asap if it is indeed their hardware that causes the connection issues with Guild Wars. I'm really curious to hear what wifi hardware you have.

Instead of using Wi-fi. Connect your internet with a cable and see how it goes. I remember playing with a buddy that had massive lag spikes and disconnects,after a while of trying to help him with all sorts of different things i told him to try cable and it fixed all the issues he had. It's worth a shot eventhough the rest of your household doesnt have issues,your pc can.

@Caedmon.6798 said:Instead of using Wi-fi. Connect your internet with a cable and see how it goes. I remember playing with a buddy that had massive lag spikes and disconnects,after a while of trying to help him with all sorts of different things i told him to try cable and it fixed all the issues he had. It's worth a shot eventhough the rest of your household doesnt have issues,your pc can.

Already tested.

@"Popocatl.2649" said:

@Caedmon.6798 said:Instead of using Wi-fi. Connect your internet with a cable and see how it goes. I remember playing with a buddy that had massive lag spikes and disconnects,after a while of trying to help him with all sorts of different things i told him to try cable and it fixed all the issues he had. It's worth a shot eventhough the rest of your household doesnt have issues,your pc can.

Already tested.

Tried using a seperate network card with cable which uses pcie ? Instead of using your onboard network.Also if you have multiple pc's in your household try playing for a while with all other pc's shut down,maybe it's some lan configuration issue ?

Also worth a shot,try playing the game with the lowest settings possible just as a test. And if you use the 64bit Gw2 client,try uninstalling the game and run the 32 bit version.

I learned a lot about connections/internet/ports and such lately, and I really don't want to jynx it, buuuut I think my problem might be solved!!

@"Popocatl.2649"

Here's what I did:1) I took the manual that came with my router, and logged into it from my pc.(in english it's configuration, but in my language it's referred to as set-up/settingFrom there I was able to add ports to my router. if you want to make sure you do it correctly, call your ISP and have them guide you through it. It's what I did because I wanted to be sure I didn't make mistakes, and this way I was able to ask questions during the process and learn more about it!)2) After adding the three ports required I hit the save button.3) THEN turned off my pc and turned off my router.4) Unplugged router <- this step is very important, you have to take the power plug out of the socket for your port forwarding to be integrated. Wait 5 minutes. Then put the plug back in.5) Turn on your router, and wait for it to complete start up. In your user manual there should be an explanation on what to look for on your router to indicate it's complete.(my router/connectbox is an ARRIS and isp is Ziggo, user manual is very clear and informative.)6) Now start up your computer again and you should be able to play without the disconnects happening anymore.

IF that doesn't help, then check the IP that you entered in your port forwarding. Make sure it is your router's IP. You can check your IP by opening command prompt(just type cmd in your search bar) and entering ipconfig and then press enter. On the bottom it should say Default Gateway, and beside it is your IP adress. Double check to make sure this ip is the same as you entered in port forwarding. Two above that line it sais IPv4 adress, which is the address generated for the machine you are connected to, so your laptop or pc connection code. Both Default Gateway and IPv4 should NOT start with 164 or 264, something with six I don't really remember, but if they do than you need to get it fixed. So if it's your IPv4 adress that has the faulty number you know you have to get your wifi hardware or software fixed. If it's your IP that has those number you have to get your router fixed.

If they are both fine and you still have the disconnection issues then there is one more thing you can try!Go to this website: https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ <- the port checking on that website doesn't work btw, it will keep saying the ports are closed even if they are open. This is because ISP's are protected and such info can and should only be accessible through logging into your modem account. There you will see it generates an IP "your external address" and claim it is yours, even if it's not the IP of your router.This address serves as a.. Hmm I'm just gonna use rigging terms and say parent. If your internet provider shuts off your internet on purpose due to not paying your bills or illegal activities, they turn off the internet for the parent IP. What you can do is log into your router, and add port forwarding of the GW ports to the parent IP as well. Don't forget to save! Then repeat the steps of turning off computer etc. as explained above. <- if this works you are not going to be able to enjoy it for very long, because the parent IP changes every few weeks. THUS you should contact your IP and tell them the external address is keeping you from accessing port forwarding through your routers IP.

Please let me know if it works out!! =) <3

@"Popocatl.2649" said:Awwww I just arrived at home to try the previus advise you gave... too sad it didn't work :( I hope Arenanet really invest in game optimization and not the Gemstore.

It did reduce the amount of disconnects drastically though, so it's still worth a try. But yeah, unfortunately problem not solved yet.

I give up.

I have had it. I am through.

To everyone who wants to, you are free to read the entire correspondence between me and every other party involved in trying to fix this issue that remains unsolved, eat your heart out. I'm done with this game and I regret having spent money on it.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/12XnuDff1wR30fBe5pJHgy6ubCHxU8Z6keecVM4Jhyxs/edit?usp=sharing

anyone using nvidia's geforce experience, have you tried doing custom install> at driver list being installed, bottom left corner, check the "Perform clean install" it adds time to the install, yes, but it seems to help when i do this, most times no conflicts with games while playing.

Remove that "nvidia gaming experiance". Its junk. As in "uninstall". You only need video driver. But not any other junk. I have nVidia video card, but I have only installed driver. Thats it.

Remove any other preinstalled junk from your PC. Or junk you installed. Check in control panel what you have installed. Then check on internet what that is and/or if other people have problems with that thing.

Your cable modem is "bad". Years ago I had problems random disconects. Everything was working, but some games like Champions Online and GW1(yes, it was long time ago) would disconnect from time to time. This went away when internet provider replaced my old modem with a totaly different one. So not replace model A with new model A, but a totaly different hardware.

All cable modems are junk. But some are bigger junk.

After a long correspondence with those support, it ended up being advised to turn to the Internet service provider.The only thing I did not do is this ->The issue that you are reporting may be due to a problem with the DNS provided by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). Please try the steps in the following link to override your current DNS settings and use Google's Public DNS: http://code.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using.html.

Press and hold the Windows key and press the R key. This should bring up the "Run" dialogue box.In that box, type "cmd" without the quotes, and click the "OK" button. A DOS window should open.Enter the following command and press enter: ipconfig /flushdns 

Since the problem is unsolvable by the user

I didn’t do this because Google’s speed is low and I think it’s pointless, but you can try and tell me if you managed to remove the black screens in this way.P.s. I do not speak English well, I apologize in advance for grammatical errors

@"Zraurum.8493" said:After a long correspondence with those support, it ended up being advised to turn to the Internet service provider.The only thing I did not do is this ->The issue that you are reporting may be due to a problem with the DNS provided by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). Please try the steps in the following link to override your current DNS settings and use Google's Public DNS: http://code.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using.html.

Press and hold the Windows key and press the R key. This should bring up the "Run" dialogue box.In that box, type "cmd" without the quotes, and click the "OK" button. A DOS window should open.Enter the following command and press enter: ipconfig /flushdns 

Since the problem is unsolvable by the user

I didn’t do this because Google’s speed is low and I think it’s pointless, but you can try and tell me if you managed to remove the black screens in this way.P.s. I do not speak English well, I apologize in advance for grammatical errors

I tried this last night and I was playing very good..... today I got a Black Screen during wvw.