stop nerfing rangers

Taboo.3625

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, it's called balance. The combo was too OP as it gave rangers the same sort of damage as CoR or several thief skills or mes combos, etc, and we can't be having rangers on a par with other classes so back into the caves you go!

Next ranger nerf to skill 1 so you can't even hurt people with that. Then they will reduce the range of barrage, reduce the area covered, reduce number of targets hit and double damage from retaliation when using it.....just to make sure you don't bother playing ranger in wvw.

My scepter weaver still does less (but comparable) damage with 2-3 times more skills casted and half range of the soulbeast so I dont see how rangers are useless.

I'm still being hit for over 3k by rapid fire, but this time soulbeast was fully buffed compared to pre nerfs where only sic 'em and wh5 were used. People who know how to play soulbeast are still beyond strong, it's just more rare to get one tapped by a random ranger (slb) which is always a good thing, regardless of the class.

You can always go full glass warrior with enough cleave to kill downs faster than stomping, spam invulns half a day while fighting with 1 shot potential, you can't be CC, when invulns end you can be healed by taking hits/damage, or failing to dodge, and if that fails you has easy button in down state so you can get up with 15 more seconds or so to kill them, but not to worry as warrior even has stronger ranged attacks than ranger so it's all win.I played ranger for 2 years, but you'll be more effective on any other class day 1 with a meme build.

Sic'em longbow ranger was one of the few ways to counter some of the insanely overpowered thief builds including the permastealth deadeye that can hit just as hard from range but has a lot more stealth. It was a glass build that countered other glass builds and the burst was necessary to take down a thief before it can restealth. Longbow ranger was hit really hard by nerfs over multiple patches and now can only finish off wounded opponents, get outclassed by other glass builds, and are better in zergs than roaming. At any rate, by nerfing the thief's natural counter build, you can look forward to a proliferation of annoying stealth builds.

@"Raven.1793" said:Sic'em longbow ranger was one of the few ways to counter some of the insanely overpowered thief builds including the permastealth deadeye that can hit just as hard from range but has a lot more stealth. It was a glass build that countered other glass builds and the burst was necessary to take down a thief before it can restealth. ... ..At any rate, by nerfing the thief's natural counter build, you can look forward to a proliferation of annoying stealth builds.

Dragonhunter destroys theives. Even a poorly played meditrapper shouldn't break a sweat.

Longbow ranger was hit really hard by nerfs over multiple patches and now can only finish off wounded opponents, get outclassed by other glass builds, and are better in zergs than roaming.

https://clips.twitch.tv/ImpossibleFairToadFailFish

I think the hyperbole is strong in this one. I was in WvW last night with my guild havoc group happily dismounting and killing to my hearts content, (and also being chewed up by an exceptional thief and different insane thief/spellbreaker duo, but that is off topic here). Yes there have been some toning down balance nerfs to ranger, but we are in no way relegated to solely being carrion feeders.

@zaid.2308 said:Ranger is not nerfed but balanced. You are probably using a bad build or using your skills badly cause rangers can still hit hard, very hard.

How exactly is the ranger balanced currently when right out of the PoF starting blocks without any nerfs, they were nowhere even remotely close to be useful in WvW? A zerk ranger long-range shot on a typical tanky target in WvW wouldn't crack 800 damage; now it'll be even less. There is nothing balanced about this. We just have a bunch of players complaining without any merit to back up their claims.

@DeadlySynz.3471 said:

@zaid.2308 said:Ranger is not nerfed but balanced. You are probably using a bad build or using your skills badly cause rangers can still hit hard, very hard.

How exactly is the ranger balanced currently when right out of the PoF starting blocks without any nerfs, they were nowhere even remotely close to be useful in WvW? A zerk ranger long-range shot on a typical tanky target in WvW wouldn't crack 800 damage; now it'll be even less. There is nothing balanced about this. We just have a bunch of players complaining without any merit to back up their claims.

Sometimes I really wonder if we play the same game, or you guys either run full white items or meet coal tier players to fight... Soulbeast need a nuke from orbit like every single spec in the game, STILL.

@LetoII.3782 said:

@"Raven.1793" said:Sic'em longbow ranger was one of the few ways to counter some of the insanely overpowered thief builds including the permastealth deadeye that can hit just as hard from range but has a lot more stealth. It was a glass build that countered other glass builds and the burst was necessary to take down a thief before it can restealth. ... ..At any rate, by nerfing the thief's natural counter build, you can look forward to a proliferation of annoying stealth builds.

Dragonhunter destroys theives. Even a poorly played meditrapper shouldn't break a sweat.

Longbow ranger was hit really hard by nerfs over multiple patches and now can only finish off wounded opponents, get outclassed by other glass builds, and are better in zergs than roaming.

That clip is awesome.He should now go find where his dodge key is.

@Sleepwalker.1398 said:

That clip is awesome.He should now go find where his dodge key is.

Definitely a better choice than countering with a light field lol.Of course, most rangers tho...

@DeadlySynz.3471 said:A zerk ranger long-range shot on a typical tanky target in WvW wouldn't crack 800 damage; now it'll be even less. There is nothing balanced about this.

@"jgeezz.7832" said:Rangers need to be Nerfed as far the soul beast Build that is a fact and in the video that was posted early where he said he was "melted" it wasn't just the ranger on him.

What else contributed? Those were my guildmates, they seem to think the ranger solo'd him. I suppose his own squad gets partial credit for watching it happen...

The fact that a ranger does not take any damage from a dead-eye thief that is a problem

They do tho

You know when people are carried by a build when a couple number nerfs make them "useless" and yet a few players are still creaming with the same build. Yeah there are a lot of "masterful" soulbeasts in WvW, my trick to killing then is to get in their face and they have no idea what to do besides sos and then die after it ends. They literally have not learned how to play the game besides 2k range pewpew.

@DeadlySynz.3471 said:How exactly is the ranger balanced currently when right out of the PoF starting blocks without any nerfs, they were nowhere even remotely close to be useful in WvW? A zerk ranger long-range shot on a typical tanky target in WvW wouldn't crack 800 damage; now it'll be even less. There is nothing balanced about this. We just have a bunch of players complaining without any merit to back up their claims.

nobody makes money on their auto attack. I agree that may squads and commanders don't want rangers but as solo roamers and in small havoc groups we can dominate with ranged DPS. You may not be able to do much, but I personally regularly can dismount and down opponents with bursts of dps.