Is this bruiser damage? I think there needs to be a might limit in pvp.

Crab Fear.1624

8.56k prime light beam.

Dude was also just sustaining everything we threw at them.

This damage and tankiness is why I don't think it is a fair class.

very good mobility as well

jeesh.....

Unblockable, cast time of a dodge with quickness, big initial damage, respectable pulsing damage and burning. 10 pulses.

Oh and it launches you too. cd starts at 60s? and ways to lower that?

If they cast from stealth where is the warning?

s93X73o.png

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Crab Fear.1624" said:8.56k prime light beam.

jeesh.....

Unblockable, cast time of a dodge with quickness, big initial damage, respectable pulsing damage and burning. 10 pulses.

s93X73o.png

You should have edited out your skill bar, now people know it is a Thief poiting it out and nobody will give a f*, in fact your issue will probably get covered up by a whole sh load of whataboutism.

jeesh.....

s93X73o.png

dont forget that it hits several times, so aegis doesnt work :D or stability :D also 1200 range so no running away!and its a channel so it tracks people in stealth! you stealthed after engi? you still better dodge becouse he might blast your ass anyways :D

EDIT respect for playing d/p thief, not all heroes wear capes!

its u> @Leonidrex.5649 said:

jeesh.....

s93X73o.png

dont forget that it hits several times, so aegis doesnt work :D or stability :D also 1200 range so no running away!and its a channel so it tracks people in stealth! you stealthed after engi? you still better dodge becouse he might blast your kitten anyways :D

Its unblockable so aegis wouldnt do anything to save you either way. Also, one of the shorter CD ultimates in the game (60 seconds), off the top of my head only guardians have shorter ones)

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

jeesh.....

s93X73o.png

dont forget that it hits several times, so aegis doesnt work :D or stability :D also 1200 range so no running away!and its a channel so it tracks people in stealth! you stealthed after engi? you still better dodge becouse he might blast your kitten anyways :D

Nobody can wear capes.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

@Vagrant.7206 said:-> Critical hit from a 60s elite skill-> 8.5k damage

Checks out. Plenty of non-elite big hits do that kind of damage, and have much lower cooldowns.

no it doesn't

it's unblockable

has pulsing damage

pulsoing burn

launches foes

last 10s

1200 range

and like you said a 60 sec base cd.

And completely irrelevant if you just dodge the super obvious animation.

But I see some other problems, such as you getting hit by holo 3, then getting hit by holo 5, then the elite. Where was your stunbreak, why not dodge anything?

Looks to me like you got outplayed.

@Ryan.9387 said:

Checks out. Plenty of non-elite big hits do that kind of damage, and have much lower cooldowns.

no it doesn't

it's unblockable

has pulsing damage

pulsoing burn

launches foes

last 10s

1200 range

And completely irrelevant if you just dodge the super obvious animation.

But I see some other problems, such as you getting hit by holo 3, then getting hit by holo 5, then the elite. Where was your stunbreak, why not dodge anything?

Looks to me like you got outplayed.

No they went into stealth while I was picking up an ally they down with similar damage (still tanky asf) and started that shit, well after we took them to like 5% health, only to come back full health and busting this out.

The fight went that far and stunbreaks were exhausted just fighting this cat.

This was a kd with shockwave, with quickness and the cast time is less than 3/4 s for the plb with that.

Also, the animation is not obvious when it is in stealth.

Jeez man.

Looks to me like you go play holo more, I'll keep with the others chipping away at it each balance and hopefully in two more years it will be where it is needed.

Edit: Next time, I'll just clip the damage only. So I can just make up whatever story I want.

@Sigmoid.7082 said:This thread is complaint about holo disguised as a complain about might.

There are many skills that do similar damage or much more and can potentially leave you open to or set up further bigger damage.

Actually I'll post some about the spellbreakers too.

Recently got hit for a throw boulder at 11k and the follow ups with 8k.

The dodge hit me for about 5k.

It's a complaint about bruisers, might gain.

If you are a bruiser, you shouldn't do assassin level damage.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

@"Sigmoid.7082" said:This thread is complaint about holo disguised as a complain about might.

There are many skills that do similar damage or much more and can potentially leave you open to or set up further bigger damage.

"Assassin's" would still do more damage than this. More curious about your stats/build than theirs.

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

@Sigmoid.7082 said:This thread is complaint about holo disguised as a complain about might.

"Assassin's" would still do more damage than this. More curious about your stats/build than theirs.

I'm not referring to gw1 assassins .

I'm talking about damage types:

• high damage, no tanking (assassin, dps focus)
  • medium damage, medium tanking (bruiser, off tank)
  • low damage, high tanking (tank, bunker)

What are holo, spellbreaker, and soulbeast supposed to be?

I think I was on this build. (marauders and lynx) I was wearing all armor pieces too.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PawAgqVlNw2YdMQ2JOuLprTA-z5IeKpoAyUI0rIobJgjHA

It was not a 1 v 1, and this build is not meant for that.

I guess I could also complain about demolisher amulet too, it is a bit of out of place.

edit: in the picture, I am not in the same game anymore, I scrolled up to take the screen shot.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

This much was obvious but they aren't as defined is this game as they are in mobas hence the quotation marks.

Gw2 , by design, isn't so clear cut that you can pigeon hole a class or a spec into one things.

I think I was on this build. (marauders and lynx) I was wearing all armor pieces too.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PawAgqVlNw2YdMQ2JOuLprTA-z5IeKpoAyUI0rIobJgjHA

You're also playing full glass. Pretty much any build short of someone built full tank would hit hard since you're essentially taking "true damage".

I guess I could also complain about demolisher amulet too, it is a bit of out of place.

The amulet is pretty much fine. Also considering you've recently posted in a thread about bringing things back , removing things shouldn't be on your agenda.

The game is filled with problems and some things that need balancing but what you're complaining about I don't think is one of them.

Based on your description of the situation you got caught unaware and got combo'd and died.

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

This much was obvious but they aren't as defined is this game as they are in mobas hence the quotation marks.

Gw2 , by design, isn't so clear cut that you can pigeon hole a class or a spec into one things.

You're also playing full glass. Pretty much any build short of someone built full tank would hit hard since you're essentially taking "true damage".

The amulet is pretty much fine. Also considering you've recently posted in a thread about bringing things back , removing things shouldn't be on your agenda.

The game is filled with problems and some things that need balancing but what you're complaining about I don't think is one of them.

Based on your description of the situation you got caught unaware and got combo'd and died.

Thief is always full glass I guess then.

If you are referring to traits I pick...

What could have made the damage less?

The first 2 hits dont drop me below 50% health, so no acrobatics save, the other hit, plb was enough to down me.

Thief doesn't have protection without ecto, stealing it, or an ally share.

The dude fought 2 of us, he ran away with s, stealth.

I picking ally up, he come out with corona, shockwave, into prime light beam....

Had his damge for his class been unboosted by 25 might, I would have survived.

Also, the guy was super tanky and had plenty of get out jail cards.

How did it get there?

How can he do so much damge and soak up so much?

Too much reward, not enough risk.

I said bring back rock dog..that's the troll rune...lol...sarcasm not detected.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

no it doesn't

it's unblockable

has pulsing damage

pulsoing burn

launches foes

last 10s

1200 range

Yeah. As I said, it's an elite skill. Several non-elites hit harder, but aren't unblockables or knockbacks.

Hence... it's an elite. Honestly, I'm not sure what about that is confusing.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

Oh just you wait till people find out about Core Warrior, that will be something to post about.

@"Crab Fear.1624" said:I made an attack on the light golem with no might. (chosen runes to guarantee a crit)

vs.

the lower might be higher with a differnet rune, but the difference shows what 25 might does, it is a spec changer.

you can be a tank, and still do wrecking ball damage

YwhQaDk.png

What's this misleading comparison? 25 might does not double your damage. You have no heat, no boons ...you lack pretty much any damage modifier that would have been present in your encounter.

PLB would have still hit you for over 6k+ without any might at all if the same conditions were met. The combo probably would have still killed you. Even if it didn't the following attack would have. The combo would have finished you considering over the course of , even with quickness, 2-3seconds you did nothing to defend yourself with the two stun breaks on your bar.

You were full glass and situationally made a bad play by going for the res. You got re-engaged on, took the full opening burst, and died due to your lack of environmental andcombat awarenesss thinking they wouldn't come back.

The problem holo has is it's sustain not it's damage.

Out of all the things to complain about with Holo, plb is one of the weakest things to go after. It's got a 1.25 sec cast time, this is an easy dodge even with quickness. If used from stealth that is another story but that is more of a stealth problem as it has the same effect on all hard hitting skills. We should start complaining about grave digger next since it hits just as hard for same cast time /s.