Achievement locked behind rng? Thanks anet

Kameko.8314

@Gop.8713 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Nope. If it were in the collections tab you wouldn't care. You only care because it's in the LW story tab and you're under some assumption that all LW achievements must be easily and quickly achievable.

You keep stating this, which is great, as it is the point, but then you don't address it. You ask for examples, then provide them yourself. It is clear that you are aware of anet's policy, you just don't like it. Well that's great too, I don't like it either. The main difference seems to be that I can accept that it exists . . .

And you keep dismissing my posts without reading them. I don’t address it because there isn’t an issue. I’ve said this maybe a dozen times to you. I ask for examples but you cannot provide any? I brought up the only time I remember them adjusting an achievement and it was not for the reason you keep giving in this thread. You claim they have a policy about this but it isn’t a policy.

At this point I’m done. I’m just going in circles repeating myself over and over.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Nope. If it were in the collections tab you wouldn't care. You only care because it's in the LW story tab and you're under some assumption that all LW achievements must be easily and quickly achievable.

You keep stating this, which is great, as it is the point, but then you don't address it. You ask for examples, then provide them yourself. It is clear that you are aware of anet's policy, you just don't like it. Well that's great too, I don't like it either. The main difference seems to be that I can accept that it exists . . .

And you keep dismissing my posts without reading them.Why would you claim this? Specifically I've replied to every post you've made in this thread, frequently line by line. Generally I would never reply to any thread without reading all the posts in it first. To do otherwise would just be rude . . .I don’t address it because there isn’t an issue.If there is no issue you should be able to explain why. If you don't care to you shouldn't reply at all. What sense does it make to 'reply' to a post with unrelated arguments but not address the post itself . . ?I’ve said this maybe a dozen times to you. I ask for examples but you cannot provide any? I brought up the only time I remember them adjusting an achievement and it was not for the reason you keep giving in this thread. You claim they have a policy about this but it isn’t a policy.You provided your own example of a parallel situation with two achievements, either of which was more easily completed than this one yet 'had' to be nerfed. And why? To make the content more accessible. And why? Bc it is content that is meant to be accessible. Why make an argument if you are going to make it for me . . ?At this point I’m done. I’m just going in circles repeating myself over and over.Which should be an indicator to you that you are talking to yourself rather than the person you are quoting. I kept wondering why you were avoiding the issue presented and instead replying to fabricated motives, reaching conclusions then searching for facts to support them. I thought the fault must lie in my communication, but I now believe the reason you suspect others of motives they don't express is bc that is how you must present yourself . . ?

Apologies for being blunt but another complaint against RNG for the I must have it now crowd. It's unfortunate an achievement you'd like and not need is hidden behind RNG. It's a cosmetic item and achievement that does not affect gameplay. I may be in the minority but I have no problems with some non critical gameplay items/achievements being RNG.

It at least gives new players a chance to make money off veteran/rich players for people that want the item or achievement. In fact, I haven't been excited for a drop since recently, when I got the Hatched Chili Pepper Home Instance Node and promptly sold it as I don't care for harvesting my home instances.

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:~snip~Having read through this thread, I think there's a difference of opinion on what "accessible" really means, it's quite simple to just look up the definition, and it doesn't really matter in that regards to what Arena.net might imply, a definition is a definition, and in this case option 3 applies to this particular discussion:accessible[ ak-ses-uh-buh l ]SHOW IPA

adjective1.easy to approach, reach, enter, speak with, or use.2.that can be used, entered, reached, etc.:an accessible road; accessible ruins.3.obtainable; attainable:accessible evidence.4.open to the influence of (usually followed by to):accessible to bribery.If we agree the item is obtainable, regardless of chance, then there's really no problem with the achievement as it currently stands. However, if we don't agree the item is obtainable, then it would seem futile to continue discussing as a consensus won't be reachable.

I agree that wasn't helpful at all :)

And neither was u and ari's 50 comment battle over nothing

Already regret it.

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:~snip~Having read through this thread, I think there's a difference of opinion on what "accessible" really means, it's quite simple to just look up the definition, and it doesn't really matter in that regards to what Arena.net might imply, a definition is a definition, and in this case option 3 applies to this particular discussion:accessible[ ak-ses-uh-buh l ]SHOW IPA

adjective1.easy to approach, reach, enter, speak with, or use.2.that can be used, entered, reached, etc.:an accessible road; accessible ruins.3.obtainable; attainable:accessible evidence.4.open to the influence of (usually followed by to):accessible to bribery.If we agree the item is obtainable, regardless of chance, then there's really no problem with the achievement as it currently stands. However, if we don't agree the item is obtainable, then it would seem futile to continue discussing as a consensus won't be reachable.

I agree that wasn't helpful at all :)

And neither was u and ari's 50 comment battle over nothing

I do the best I can :(

GW2 already has a number of achievements locked behind RNG, and there's nothing wrong really with that. For the majority of those achievements, the drop rate is high enough or the AH price settles to something reasonable enough there aren't any real issues. In practice, the RNG nature of these achievements isn't important.

With Merchandise Collector, we're looking at an item so rare that, even with doubled drop rates, we can reasonably expect that the price on these will continue to exceed 5000g in the long term. And given that you need three of them, you're looking at 15,000 gold or more. No other achievement in the game comes even close to costing that much in gold. It's important to avoid getting stuck on whether or not RNG and prestige skins are conceptually wrong, and to instead assess whether or not that sort of thing makes sense for this particular situation.

Firstly, are the Khan-Ur helms worthy of being a prestige skin? I would argue this is a clear no; they are neither flashy, amusing, awe-inspiring, nor anything like that. Further, they present a solid, immersive skin for the subset of players who want something like that, and I believe the game mechanics should make it easy for players to achieve that sort of style, as players engaging with the game's setting and lore is something that should be encouraged.

Secondly, does it make sense to put a prestige drop like this into an achievement? I'm no stranger to the idea of achievements that cost 1000g or more, but no other achievement comes even close to costing as much as this one does. This presents a marked departure from prior achievement design, and we need to evaluate whether or not it's healthy from the perspective of those who play GW2 primarily based on achievements. I would argue that no, especially given that farming gold is one of the least interesting and engaging activities that an achievement can require of a player. This doesn't meaningfully enhance anyone's experience of playing GW2.

Thirdly, even given that such a prestige achievement exists, does it make sense to put it in Story Journal? I believe this is an extremely obvious no. For a number of people, hunting the achievements in the Story Journal section, with the goal of ticking all of them off, is GW2's core gameplay experience. By including an achievement that the vast, vast majority of the players will not be able to acquire in that section, you make the experience of playing GW2 that much less fun for them. How could any advantage that having such an achievement provides to the game possibly outshine that disadvantage?

Overall, I think this whole situation is a terrible inclusion in the game; not because it's RNG-based, not because it introduces a rare skin, but because it just doesn't make sense in context of the game as a whole, and because the practical results of its inclusion detract from the game's enjoyment far more than they add to it.

@Kalaina.8245 said:GW2 already has a number of achievements locked behind RNG, and there's nothing wrong really with that. For the majority of those achievements, the drop rate is high enough or the AH price settles to something reasonable enough there aren't any real issues. In practice, the RNG nature of these achievements isn't important.

With Merchandise Collector, we're looking at an item so rare that, even with doubled drop rates, we can reasonably expect that the price on these will continue to exceed 5000g in the long term. And given that you need three of them, you're looking at 15,000 gold or more. No other achievement in the game comes even close to costing that much in gold. It's important to avoid getting stuck on whether or not RNG and prestige skins are conceptually wrong, and to instead assess whether or not that sort of thing makes sense for this particular situation.

Firstly, are the Khan-Ur helms worthy of being a prestige skin? I would argue this is a clear no; they are neither flashy, amusing, awe-inspiring, nor anything like that. Further, they present a solid, immersive skin for the subset of players who want something like that, and I believe the game mechanics should make it easy for players to achieve that sort of style, as players engaging with the game's setting and lore is something that should be encouraged.

Secondly, does it make sense to put a prestige drop like this into an achievement? I'm no stranger to the idea of achievements that cost 1000g or more, but no other achievement comes even close to costing as much as this one does. This presents a marked departure from prior achievement design, and we need to evaluate whether or not it's healthy from the perspective of those who play GW2 primarily based on achievements. I would argue that no, especially given that farming gold is one of the least interesting and engaging activities that an achievement can require of a player. This doesn't meaningfully enhance anyone's experience of playing GW2.

Thirdly, even given that such a prestige achievement exists, does it make sense to put it in Story Journal? I believe this is an extremely obvious no. For a number of people, hunting the achievements in the Story Journal section, with the goal of ticking all of them off, is GW2's core gameplay experience. By including an achievement that the vast, vast majority of the players will not be able to acquire in that section, you make the experience of playing GW2 that much less fun for them. How could any advantage that having such an achievement provides to the game possibly outshine that disadvantage?

Overall, I think this whole situation is a terrible inclusion in the game; not because it's RNG-based, not because it introduces a rare skin, but because it just doesn't make sense in context of the game as a whole, and because the practical results of its inclusion detract from the game's enjoyment far more than they add to it.

I can agree on these points. Although we need more prestige items, it's not really flashy or anything special, so not sure why such the drop rarity. For a achievement it does seem a bit too much. Perhaps if this achievement gave 500 ap or something.

Whoever listed the visage for 5k (Legendaries and infusions are probably the prices to compare to when listing an item) is a bit silly. Also the amount of time to farm that much gold, should be taken into account for the average player. That will be stuck there for eternity, no one is going to pay that much. I hope we get more data/lists in the future and the price settles down to what it's value should be. Perhaps somewhere beteen 200-500 gold.

TLDR:A new,not flashy, good cultural skin, needed for an simple achievement is not worth 5k, don't pay and let the price settle down.

Although TP Barons may snatch up the lower priced ones and monopolize the market for this. I hope anet then increases the drop rate much later if the prices don't drop to reasonable levels.

@Mushuchalaka.9437 said:

@Kalaina.8245 said:GW2 already has a number of achievements locked behind RNG, and there's nothing wrong really with that. For the majority of those achievements, the drop rate is high enough or the AH price settles to something reasonable enough there aren't any real issues. In practice, the RNG nature of these achievements isn't important.

Firstly, are the Khan-Ur helms worthy of being a prestige skin?
I would argue this is a clear no; they are neither flashy, amusing, awe-inspiring, nor anything like that. Further, they present a solid, immersive skin for the subset of players who want something like that, and I believe the game mechanics should make it easy for players to achieve that sort of style, as players engaging with the game's setting and lore is something that should be encouraged.

Secondly, does it make sense to put a prestige drop like this into an achievement?
I'm no stranger to the idea of achievements that cost 1000g or more, but no other achievement comes even close to costing as much as this one does. This presents a marked departure from prior achievement design, and we need to evaluate whether or not it's healthy from the perspective of those who play GW2 primarily based on achievements. I would argue that no, especially given that farming gold is one of the least interesting and engaging activities that an achievement can require of a player. This doesn't meaningfully enhance anyone's experience of playing GW2.

Thirdly, even given that such a prestige achievement exists, does it make sense to put it in Story Journal?
I believe this is an extremely obvious no. For a number of people, hunting the achievements in the Story Journal section, with the goal of ticking all of them off, is GW2's core gameplay experience. By including an achievement that the vast, vast majority of the players will not be able to acquire in that section, you make the experience of playing GW2 that much less fun for them. How could any advantage that having such an achievement provides to the game possibly outshine that disadvantage?

I can agree on these points. Although we need more prestige items, it's not really flashy or anything special, so not sure why such the drop rarity. For a achievement it does seem a bit too much. Perhaps if this achievement gave 500 ap or something.

Whoever listed the visage for 5k (Legendaries and infusions are probably the prices to compare to when listing an item) is a bit silly. Also the amount of time to farm that much gold, should be taken into account for the average player. That will be stuck there for eternity, no one is going to pay that much. I hope we get more data/lists in the future and the price settles down to what it's value should be. Perhaps somewhere beteen 200-500 gold.

TLDR:A new,not flashy, good cultural skin, needed for an simple achievement is not worth 5k, don't pay and let the price settle down.

Although TP Barons may snatch up the lower priced ones and monopolize the market for this. I hope anet then increases the drop rate much later if the prices don't drop to reasonable levels.

I think you are confused a little on the current pricing. The current 5500g price is a BUY order. That is what someone is willing to pay rn, so that is the floor for the item's current value. There has only been one SELL order for this item that I have seen so far, it is listed at 10kg, and has been for a few days . . .

Can we all agree we don't want achievements to be easy? Yes?

If we agree then good. If we cannot establish it and you say "no" then this was not the meaning behind the post.

So now we establish it being "we want harder achieves, makes us active, and things to keep us busy and progressing."--> by this I say locking the achievement behind rng (or VERY LOW % drop, HIGH tp price) is very bad.

People quickly want to say "oh you lazy, don't like it - quit". In which I'm sorry but that is a 5 year old answer.

I have my skyscale, I felt that was a workable achievement, things progressed and achievements locked behind collections . Tiring? Yes. Agitating? Yes. Hard? Not really, but exhausting. Worth it - YEEEES.

Now I see people argue the reward is some stupid t-shirt you can get buying with chili and what not. I am not concerned with that. I have the t-shirt. Why do it then? Well I want that end happiness of playing and spending time. "So don't do it." Well I haven't been now, but I want to get it cleared. Wjo is to say the "price will go down?" Look at infusions, have chak infusion "gone down" over the last what? 3-4 years? Man , that IS long term commitment. If nothing SHOW YOUR LOOT TABLE % ANET, let's see what our chances REALLY ARE? Naw you won't because they are abysmal. So anyway, back to the story....

I am complaining not because I want free candy. I want it to be a fair, fun, happy experience. And this IS NOT IT. And i think many can agree yes? Maybe better reward? Naw that's not the issue. Heck give le 1 coper reward and I would be happy to do achievements as long as they are fun. We are too "entitled" to "need reward, happiness not needed" mentality. I think rewards should be good but obtainable in a uniue fashion.

Solution:

1. Make it worth lot of chilis + vm
  2. Make drop rate clearly higher. (We only get 1 a day (and if you map clear)
  3. Put it in reward tracks.
  4. Put in a choice for your 4 tokens (ash, blood, etc)Option 1: go for rngOption 2: buy a [insert name] token. This [insert name token] after collecting 30 (remember this is a month worth now) you can buy the visage. After 10 you can buy an exotic weapon. 1 your damn 1 rare unid chest. So people can try their luck OR OR OR go for a hard work pace yourself and KNOW you will get your visage and items. That's my 2 cents.

Stop calling lazy and use your brain (to those being quick to judge) trying to change something that is a bit meh into something we can all enjoy! Thanks for the read

@Gop.8713 said:

Firstly, are the Khan-Ur helms worthy of being a prestige skin?
I would argue this is a clear no; they are neither flashy, amusing, awe-inspiring, nor anything like that. Further, they present a solid, immersive skin for the subset of players who want something like that, and I believe the game mechanics should make it easy for players to achieve that sort of style, as players engaging with the game's setting and lore is something that should be encouraged.

Secondly, does it make sense to put a prestige drop like this into an achievement?
I'm no stranger to the idea of achievements that cost 1000g or more, but no other achievement comes even close to costing as much as this one does. This presents a marked departure from prior achievement design, and we need to evaluate whether or not it's healthy from the perspective of those who play GW2 primarily based on achievements. I would argue that no, especially given that farming gold is one of the least interesting and engaging activities that an achievement can require of a player. This doesn't meaningfully enhance anyone's experience of playing GW2.

Thirdly, even given that such a prestige achievement exists, does it make sense to put it in Story Journal?
I believe this is an extremely obvious no. For a number of people, hunting the achievements in the Story Journal section, with the goal of ticking all of them off, is GW2's core gameplay experience. By including an achievement that the vast, vast majority of the players will not be able to acquire in that section, you make the experience of playing GW2 that much less fun for them. How could any advantage that having such an achievement provides to the game possibly outshine that disadvantage?

I think you are confused a little on the current pricing. The current 5500g price is a BUY order. That is what someone is willing to pay rn, so that is the floor for the item's current value. There has only been one SELL order for this item that I have seen so far, it is listed at 10kg, and has been for a few days . . .

Yes, thanks for correction. The buy order of 5k is still insane imo. The sell of 10k is even more silly. We shall see how it plays out with the increase drops, but it's not nice enough of a skin IMO, rare as it is, to warrant that price.

@Kameko.8314 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@Kameko.8314 said:It was 3k before for the quick sell now 5? Yaaaaah. Rip.

down to 2240g now . . .I don't know if it should be on par with legendary yet. But maybe it will work itself out. I can't imagine spending more than 200g . Oh well, can only hope :d

Don't forget you'd have to buy three of them. I'd probably need them to drop down around the price of the legion weapons personally . . .

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:It's possible players have the item, but don't have the Gold to list it. We can't really tell the drop-rate from what's on the TP right now.

Sorry, but you are not quite correct on both accounts.

1. Players do not need gold for fees if they sell instantly. All fees are deducted from the money received for their items.
  2. While we cannot calculate precise drop rates based on the situation on TP, we still can say with great certainty that the drop rate is ridiculously low. The item is sellable, but there is only one on TP even though the episode has been available for over 2 weeks now. We can also crossreference with gw2efficiency and see that none of their users managed to complete the associated achievement.

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

down to 2240g now . . .I don't know if it should be on par with legendary yet. But maybe it will work itself out. I can't imagine spending more than 200g . Oh well, can only hope :d

Don't forget you'd have to buy three of them. I'd probably need them to drop down around the price of the legion weapons personally . . .

Are you sure it is not like other helms where if you just unlock one it unlocks the whole set for each weight? I really don't know, but if it is 3... Then yeah gtfo here.

@Kameko.8314 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

Are you sure it is not like other helms where if you just unlock one it unlocks the whole set for each weight? I really don't know, but if it is 3... Then yeah gtfo here.

Well I don't have one to test, but I'm basing my theory on the fact that the number of efficiency accounts that have each of the three weights unlocked is not equal . . .

There are 9 helmets bound and one box in the TP at this moment. The whole thing is a bust, maybe adding it to once per day at a specific location at a abysmal drop rate isn't such a great idea. Don't pull me "but it is glory thing" it is pure RNG, and the way the achievement is implemented it seems to be that it should be easier to get, but at the same time it is made to drop like chak egg sack x 3 times. On top of that it looked like a way to people playing char something nice but nooooo RNG grind with impossible odds, fuckers are not worth 4 legendary items per helmet.

The legion weapons aren't really dropping in price like I would have expected either, with them becoming available as players complete grothmar legionnaire. The only thing that seem to be consistently falling in price thus far is the ebon shoulders box . . .

To me this is on the same level as the WvW achievements were 5 years ago, ridicilously high demand for no gain. And in no way are we supposed to agree that the current achievement is reasonable. This is not a long term plan to keep playing. I don't understand what was wrong with the item gain style in the previous living story achievements. Here's the example of the old WvW achievements:

There are 6 camps on each map. every 5min every camp spawn 2 dollies, thats a total of 144 per hours for 1 million dollies you need an absolute minimum of 6944 hours.And I do not believe that it is possible to catch all the 12 dollies nor that always all 6 camps are enemy controlled, if you catch 4 every 5 min you are good and it would take 868 days of 24hour play, i.e. longer than GW2 is out now.

And they were changed, eventually. Here's also a link to that old forum post: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/WvW-achievements-still-impossible/page/1

• 4 weeks later...

Just another post in support of "please do something about this madness"

I'm an AP hunter (currently hovering around place #150 on EU) so I try to get every AP I can.

I've opened the vault of the Khan-Ur 44 times so far since release (not sure if that's every day or maybe missed 1-2 days) plus all the bonus Recovered Charr Artifacts available from reward tracks and such. I also did the strike mission every day. So far I've had 0 of the shoulders and 0 of the visage.

Once RDR2 comes out on PC in a few days I'll be cutting down my GW2 activity to play it so I won't be doing this every day any more. I'm effectively giving up on ever getting the remaining AP from the "Merchandise Collector" achievement unless something changes, and I don't like to do that.

I'm no stranger to some achievements being time consuming or expensive (I did the "Patron" one for the circus contract for Ember Bay, 1000g for 5 AP, and I'm still working on the Crimson Assassin weapons though I won't finish it until the year 2022 until SAB starts to last longer or happen more often), but this one is just crazy.

At current TP prices, it would cost 12900-27690 gold for the 1 AP from getting 3 Visage of the Khan-Ur, and the 12900 figure isn't likely possible as that assumes you would get 3 buy orders fulfilled and not be outbid, which won't happen.

So, Anet, unless you intended this to not be obtainable by anyone other than about 0.001% of players, please do something about it, like add another way to get it (account bound is fine by me) or massively increase the drop rates.

Its like they made the node drop instead of this helmet box by accident. There are no previous collections that have items in it so rare that multiple parts are worth thousands of gold from how poor the drop rate is.

Someone should look at the drop rate numbers to see if this is right.

If the devs want to make something to be this rare, make it as a rare meta drop not tied to any collection, sort of like how Tequatl Hoard is.

@Taniniver BlindDragon.9503 said:I've opened the vault of the Khan-Ur 44 times so far since release (not sure if that's every day or maybe missed 1-2 days) plus all the bonus Recovered Charr Artifacts available from reward tracks and such. I also did the strike mission every day. So far I've had 0 of the shoulders and 0 of the visage.Solid arguments for change have been presented while no arguments have been made supporting the status quo, so I'm not sure what point there is in continuing the discussion other than to point out that yes, the current situation continues to be absurd . . .

BUT, I did want to reply to this one small part of your post. I too have done everything in this map every day since release, and received nothing. Then last week I got two shoulder boxes from one strike mission run, which I didn't even know was possible. Unrelated, but I also had two pres drop last week, one from mf and one from a lagre candy bag. So take heart, rng is still rng. No sign of the visage boxes though. Three on tp atm, starting at 8700g . . .

Okay, truth is I had nothing helpful to say and just wanted to share that story :)

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:Its like they made the node drop instead of this helmet box by accident. There are no previous collections that have items in it so rare that multiple parts are worth thousands of gold from how poor the drop rate is.

Someone should look at the drop rate numbers to see if this is right.

If the devs want to make something to be this rare, make it as a rare meta drop not tied to any collection, sort of like how Tequatl Hoard is.

What gets me about this is that they did change the drop rate, which indicates that they did see a problem. But the change to the drop rate does not appear to have affected the problem, so they must therefore be aware that the problem persists and still needs a fix . . .

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

@Taniniver BlindDragon.9503 said:Just another post in support of "please do something about this madness"

I'm an AP hunter (currently hovering around place #150 on EU) so I try to get every AP I can.

I've opened the vault of the Khan-Ur 44 times so far since release (not sure if that's every day or maybe missed 1-2 days) plus all the bonus Recovered Charr Artifacts available from reward tracks and such. I also did the strike mission every day. So far I've had 0 of the shoulders and 0 of the visage.

Once RDR2 comes out on PC in a few days I'll be cutting down my GW2 activity to play it so I won't be doing this every day any more. I'm effectively giving up on ever getting the remaining AP from the "Merchandise Collector" achievement unless something changes, and I don't like to do that.

I'm no stranger to some achievements being time consuming or expensive (I did the "Patron" one for the circus contract for Ember Bay, 1000g for 5 AP, and I'm still working on the Crimson Assassin weapons though I won't finish it until the year 2022 until SAB starts to last longer or happen more often), but this one is just crazy.

At current TP prices, it would cost
12900-27690 gold for the 1 AP
from getting 3 Visage of the Khan-Ur, and the 12900 figure isn't likely possible as that assumes you would get 3 buy orders fulfilled and not be outbid, which won't happen.

So, Anet, unless you intended this to not be obtainable by anyone other than about 0.001% of players, please do something about it, like add another way to get it (account bound is fine by me) or
massively
increase the drop rates.

So? You get that like noone has it right? So that noone ahead of you has it and if they do they are a whole 1 ap further away. And if they make it easy at some point then you and the 150 in front of you will all get it so you make no progress. Focus your time on something else then a pointless half joke achievement. I would prefer they just remove the achieve because the skins would still be valuable but the pointless complaining would stop.

The really great thing about this is that once they addressed all the pointless complaining we'd only have the valid complaints left to resolve before the entire issue went away :)

We'd be like, what, over halfway there I'd say . . ?