PVE Scrapper build

Helvalith.2170

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't use my heal skill offensively @Yazeed.4971 .

I find your build to be lacking literally any utility, the point of my build is that you still bring a lot of utility through stuns/projectile deflection/projecting destroy/ Soft CC and evasion, using alchemy +grenades is pointless, you might as well drop scrapper all together if you are doing that and just go holo.

@Flame Of The Titan.3649 said:I don't use my heal skill offensively @"Yazeed.4971" .

I find your build to be lacking literally any utility, the point of my build is that you still bring a lot of utility through stuns/projectile deflection/projecting destroy/ Soft CC and evasion, using alchemy +grenades is pointless, you might as well drop scrapper all together if you are doing that and just go holo.

utility stuff that u mentaion " stuns/projectile deflection/projecting destroy/ Soft CC and evasion " is just another word of sustain for me

the main goal here is easily keeping urself alive no matter what u do

my build has good damage reduction source from protection, and good healing ability from passive heal and healing skill + water leap combo, also 3 condis clean /9s CDso there r no problem to keep myself alive, and don't forget medic gyro tool belt also provides protection to ally which is a damage reduction source similar with barrier gyro

after I can keep myself alive, the second thing i need is Strong DPS to crash any enermy ASAPand to max out DPS output, grenade is the best slot skill choice which does not pair with alchemy, alchemy is for Eixlir B + U for 100% quickness uptimefirearms trait is also for DPS, 332 is the best DPS output

of cause u can switch grenade to other uitility skill for better sustain if u want, but other things u choose just drag ur DPS downI don't like long long fight with trash mobs, they must die in 5s

also, i can switch Elite skill for better counter, not stuck in mortal kit and lose ur steath or CC ability

holo got very high DPS if group can provide 25 stack of might ,fury and quickness for u , but is very weak fight strong enermy like meta boss which can one hit KO u or even croud mobs with cc ability compare to scrapper

this build shine bacause it can not only very strong for sustain, but also got pretty high DPS output when fight alone, plus the variety of elite skills for different counter to use, i got 14K DPS for AB boss down the hole after meta is over.

• 1 month later...

[uPDATE]

The new patch has arrived and I've already got a couple of requests to "rework" my build. I cannot perform miracles, but I found a nice trade-off that works out. Sadly GW2skills.net is not updated yet, so I gonna write and explain.

ALCHEMY: 1-3-1*TOOLS: 1-1-1SCRAPPER: 3-3-3

Gear and Runes: Trinkets + Backpiece = Diviner, Weapon + Armor = your choice (mine Marauder's), Superior Rune of the Chronomancer

SIGILS: 1 Superior Sigil of Concentration

SKILLS: Hammer + Elixir H + Blast Gyro + Elixir U + Bulwark Gyro + Motar Kit

Mechanics

Object in Motion - This trait applies + 5 % damage when we have Swiftness, Superspeed or Stability. Maximum is 15 % = all three. That is our goal.

• Permanent Swiftness can be achieved by using the Heal Skill and swapping Motar Kit once in a while. That is the good old kit-engineer 101 Streamlined Kits function.
  • Stability comes from the Defense Field (Bulwark Gyro Toolbelt), Elixir U & Function Gyro.
  • Superspeed is generated via Bypass Coating (Blast Gyro Toolbelt), Throw Elixir U (Elixir U Toolbelt), Kinetic Battery (after using 5 Toolbelt skills), Leaping Through Lightning Fields (Hammer 5 = Thunderclap, Function Gyro) via Rocket Charge.

Stability and Superspeed cannot be maintained permanently, but the uptime is pretty good.

Excessive Energy - This trait applies + 10 % damage when we have vigor. Thanks to the above mentioned Motar Kit <-> Stremlined Kits synergy, we can get a nice uptime of vigor. With a little training, you can synchronize Stability+Superspeed+Vigor uptime. That means we get to + 25 % damage output in total - for a short time-window. Before the patch we had 10 % from Perfectly Weighted + 5 % from Impact Savant - all the time.

Downside - Maintaining 25 Might stacks is no longer guaranteed. You can still remain above 20 without problems. But it is no longer 25 all the time. The Concentration Sigil is used to balance this out without replacing any of your gear. You could increase the might stacks with replacing more parts of your gear with Diviner's stats. You also lose the cirt-chance improvements from Fire Arms, as well as a Fury source.

Positive Side Effects

• Better access to Quickness, thanks to Kinetic Battery. That allows you to focus more on the battle itself and timing Stability with Superspeed and Vigor.
  • Improved cooldowns of all Toolbelt Skills, which include the Function Gyro ^^.
  • Bonus Damage via Static Discharge.

Notes: Alchemy 1-3-1 could also be 1-2-1. In my case Backpack Regenerator makes more sense, since I switch to Motar Kit whenever I have low health. Then I stay ranged until my health is ~ 70 % again. If you are more into barrier, you can also use Emergency Elixir.

You are also free to pick another Sigil of your choice.

There is also an option to replace Mass Momentum with Gyroscopic Acceleration, which boost your Superspeed uptime significantly. This new trait generates Superspeed at the end of Wells/Gyros and upon using Function Gyro. However replacing Mass Momentum will result in lower might stacks. You also lose the stability source from the Function Gyro. This depends on your preferences. I stick to Mass Momentum.

Sadly I do not have a cure for the - 300 Vitality.

@"Lady Vanithy.6495" said:What do you think of the "drunk scrapper" using elixirs? Saw it posted and gave it a try. Had some laughs and it was stupid fun in bitterfrost doing my daily berries runs but of course did no hard things.I have been waiting on your update here though so thank you!

I toyed around with my "surprise mechanic" variant in the raid DPS arena. Obviously made some modifications for PvE. I was able to sustain about 20kDPS.

@Vagrant.7206 said:

@"Lady Vanithy.6495" said:What do you think of the "drunk scrapper" using elixirs? Saw it posted and gave it a try. Had some laughs and it was stupid fun in bitterfrost doing my daily berries runs but of course did no hard things.I have been waiting on your update here though so thank you!

I toyed around with my "surprise mechanic" variant in the raid DPS arena. Obviously made some modifications for PvE. I was able to sustain about 20kDPS.

Sadly, 20k - 25k is all you'll be able to muster with Scrapper Power damage. With Condi Scrapper, you can hit around 30k+, but I'm pretty sure core condi or holo condi is better, but that's for raids, Open World, you can do whatever build, but just saying :D

Something I am running at the moment in Open World.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdIQFASncT5miyrkXZ1VqrwNVBWQ7lNRLTG14IUBxnYzUABA9fn3BOA-jxxXABhcBB8QHBDKB1R9ncfQAAo8b09HECQJ-e

First of all, this build offers 100% Quickness uptime without and Concentration equipment. The sources are as follow, with duration all at base value:

• Elixir U with HGH: 7.2s / 32s (22.5% base coverage)
  • Applied Force: 3s / 10s (~33.3% base coverage)
  • Superior Sigil of Celerity with Spare Capacitor: 5s / 21.5s (~23.2% base coverage)

These add up to 75%+ base coverage of Quickness uptime, assuming every source is procced on cool down. This means that it takes only 33% bonus in Boon Duration (BD) in order to achieve 100% coverage, which is fairly achievable without allocating attribute points in Concentration. As you can see here, I managed to reach 46.33% with Superior Sigil of Concentration (10% BD), Superior Runes of Surging (15% BD), Compounding Chemicals (240 Concentration, or 16% BD) and Chocolate Raspberry Cream (80 Concentration, or 5.33% BD).

Furthermore, I took Tools specialization for Excessive Energy (10% damage bonus) for I already have permanent Vigor via Elixirs with HGH and Invigorating Speed. Kinetic Battery also makes it a bit easier to manage Quickness uptime. Takedown Round is an interesting double of Orbital Command in the Explosives line. Wikipedia contributors suggest that the Skill Coefficient of Takedown Round is actually 2.0 instead of 1.5, as shown in the tooltip, which means that, while the attack is blockable, it deals more damage on a shorter cool down. In terms of damage potential, I'd say Tool is not as far behind Explosives as generally perceived.

If Quickness uptime is not at all a problem for you and the need to break stun presents, swap Kinetic Battery for Gadgeteer and Static Discharge for Reactive Lenses.

As for the ascended trinkets in Captain attributes, those are more of a personal preference of myself. One can certainly run with a full set in Berserker while still remaining fairly tanky, thanks to Alchemy specialization. For group contents, switch Elixir B for Bulwark Gyro for better group sustainability, as you should receive plenty of Might and Vigor from allies.

My main point here though, is that permanent Quickess (in additional to Might, Fury, Vigor and Swiftness) is fairly achievable without Diviner or Harrier gear. I hope this would relief the suggested necessity of PoF expansion for access to the relevant attribute combinations from people with only HoT.

@"Virtuality.8351" said:Something I am running at the moment in Open World.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdIQFASncT5miyrkXZ1VqrwNVBWQ7lNRLTG14IUBxnYzUABA9fn3BOA-jxxXABhcBB8QHBDKB1R9ncfQAAo8b09HECQJ-e

First of all, this build offers 100% Quickness uptime without and Concentration equipment. The sources are as follow, with duration all at base value:

• Elixir U with HGH: 7.2s / 32s (22.5% base coverage)
  • Applied Force: 3s / 10s (~33.3% base coverage)
  • Superior Sigil of Celerity with Spare Capacitor: 5s / 21.5s (~23.2% base coverage)

These add up to 75%+ base coverage of Quickness uptime, assuming every source is procced on cool down. This means that it takes only 33% bonus in Boon Duration (BD) in order to achieve 100% coverage, which is fairly achievable without allocating attribute points in Concentration. As you can see here, I managed to reach 46.33% with Superior Sigil of Concentration (10% BD), Superior Runes of Surging (15% BD), Compounding Chemicals (240 Concentration, or 16% BD) and Chocolate Raspberry Cream (80 Concentration, or 5.33% BD).

Furthermore, I took Tools specialization for Excessive Energy (10% damage bonus) for I already have permanent Vigor via Elixirs with HGH and Invigorating Speed. Kinetic Battery also makes it a bit easier to manage Quickness uptime. Takedown Round is an interesting double of Orbital Command in the Explosives line. Wikipedia contributors suggest that the Skill Coefficient of Takedown Round is actually 2.0 instead of 1.5, as shown in the tooltip, which means that, while the attack is blockable, it deals more damage on a shorter cool down. In terms of damage potential, I'd say Tool is not as far behind Explosives as generally perceived.

If Quickness uptime is not at all a problem for you and the need to break stun presents, swap Kinetic Battery for Gadgeteer and Static Discharge for Reactive Lenses.

As for the ascended trinkets in Captain attributes, those are more of a personal preference of myself. One can certainly run with a full set in Berserker while still remaining fairly tanky, thanks to Alchemy specialization. For group contents, switch Elixir B for Bulwark Gyro for better group sustainability, as you should receive plenty of Might and Vigor from allies.

My main point here though, is that permanent Quickess (in additional to Might, Fury, Vigor and Swiftness) is fairly achievable without Diviner or Harrier gear. I hope this would relief the suggested necessity of PoF expansion for access to the relevant attribute combinations from people with only HoT.

U maybe can use firework or pack rune for better result since shocking aura is useless...

@Yazeed.4971 said:

@Virtuality.8351 said:These add up to 75%+ base coverage of Quickness uptime, assuming every source is procced on cool down. This means that it takes only 33% bonus in Boon Duration (BD) in order to achieve 100% coverage, which is fairly achievable without allocating attribute points in Concentration. As you can see here, I managed to reach 46.33% with Superior Sigil of Concentration (10% BD), Superior Runes of Surging (15% BD), Compounding Chemicals (240 Concentration, or 16% BD) and Chocolate Raspberry Cream (80 Concentration, or 5.33% BD).

U maybe can use firework or pack rune for better result since shocking aura is useless...

Yes, those two are certainly great alternatives, providing more consistent boon uptime. The choice is another thing, aside from the Captain trinkets, of my personal preference, just to merely match the theme of Scrapper.

• 2 months later...

@Stephane Lo Presti.7258 ArenaNet › 12:07AM edited 12:08AM

Engineer

When the scrapper's profession ability was changed to an F5 skill, the tool belt skill from Sneak Gyro, Detection Pulse, was replaced. That skill was sorely missed as it >provided useful and skilled counterplay if well timed. As the profession mechanic needed to remain on the F5 key, we looked elsewhere and saw that Purge Gyro, an >inherently defensive and utility-centric ability, had a tool belt skill that did not fit its intent. Scrapper is also getting a bit of a tune-up with its hammer skills and a >reduction to the vitality loss of the Impact Savant trait, which was leaving them a bit squishier than we intended for a bruiser style of play.

Equalizing Blow: Increased damage by 9%.Electro Whirl: Increased damage by 9%.Rocket Charge: Increased damage by 10%.Shock Shield: Reduced recharge from 20 seconds to 18 seconds.Thunderclap: Increased damage by 6%. Reduced recharge from 24 seconds to 20 seconds.Corona Burst: Reduced might gained in WvW to the same amount as granted in PvP. Reduced the damage of this skill by 20% in PvP and WvW.Holographic Shockwave: Reduced range from 600 to 300.Function Gyro: Increased damage by 100%. Increased land radius to 240 and underwater radius to 360. Added clarification to skill description to clarify that function gyros >are destroyed when their skill is interrupted. Reduced recharge from 30 seconds to 25 seconds.Shaped Charge: This trait now increases damage by 0.5% per stack of vulnerability instead of by a flat amount.Solar Focusing Lens: This trait now also grants 2 stacks of Afterburner when deactivating photon forge. Increased stacks granted from overheating from 5 to 6.Chemical Field: This skill has been replaced by Detection Pulse as the tool belt skill for Purge Gyro.Detection Pulse: This skill replaces Purge Gyro's previous tool belt skill, Chemical Field. The radius of this skill has been reduced from 1200 to 900, and its targeting has been >improved in large group settings.Purge Gyro: The tool belt skill for Purge Gyro has changed from Chemical Field to Detection Pulse.Sneak Gyro: Increased the cooldown of this skill from 45 to 60 seconds in WvW.Med Kit: This kit can now be used underwater.Med Blaster (Med Kit): Increased healing to match tooltip.Cleansing Field (Med Kit): Fixed a bug that caused this skill to remove more conditions than intended.Elixir U: Fixed a bug that could cause this skill to give endurance.Supply Crate: Fixed a bug in which the Healing Turret created from this skill would not overcharge.Health Insurance: Updated description and tooltips to accurately reflect the functionality of this trait. This trait increases incoming healing by 10% and increases outgoing >healing by 20% while using Med Kit.Mechanized Deployment: Fixed a bug that caused this trait to grant less than the listed 15% recharge reduction.Mass Momentum: Increased stability duration from 3 seconds to 5 seconds.Impact Savant: Reduced the vitality loss from this trait from 300 to 180.

These are the newest changes fo our beloved Scrapper. Maybe we should change our builds now?

Here we go again.

I've been experimenting with all kinds of builds since patch day. Sadly the barrier-situation is still unsatisfying, we are miles away from being a tank. Opposite to my previous attempts, I gave other rune-sets a try, as well as Adaptive Armor, even ran an entire test-line with the Superior Rune of Sanctuary. The results are not world-changing, but should work for now. Big thanks to @"Virtuality.8351" with the Sigil of Celerity, this finally gave me the freedom to think outside my box!

1.) Adaptive Armor BuildBasically my old build with a few improvements. Thanks to the above mentioned Sigil of Celerity, I was able to replace 3 of the Diviner's Pieces (Backpack + Earrings) and get entirely rid of the Sigil of Concentration. So except for the amulet and the rings, you can choose your own stats. I go with Marauder's, because of the extra Vitality, which results in 18,622 HP at the moment.

Boon uptime:+ Quickness 100 %+ 25 Might Stacks 100 %+ Stability: At the beginning of the fight, almost 100 %. The longer the fight takes, you may run into breaks with 8-10 seconds without stability. Open World PvE should be no problem.+ Vigor 100 %+ Swiftness 100 %+ Superspeed: ~ 16 seconds in a row, then 8-10 seconds cooldown. If you want to go for another long Superspeed phase, you may have to wait a few seconds longer.

Barrier:3,500 - 5,500 depending on how many damage multipliers are active. During peak times, when Bulwark Gyro is active, you can reach almost 10k. Adaptive Armor has one major flaw, it is not a multiplier although the tooltip appears like one. AA triggers after every barrier that was granted to you, adding the 15 % of it with the source Adaptive Armor = your system chat will be flooded with barrier messages. I ran a few tests with the Superior Rune of Sanctuary, it was one giant mess.

Damage output:Compared to the original one, it is almost identical. Slightly higher, but wasted potential. With my Marauder's gear I get somewhere near 4-4,4k. With more offensive stats, the result might be better. But as the barrier generation is not really high, running with low HP is risky.

Playstyle:

• Toolbelt skills to access Kinetic Battery. Superspeed from Bypass Coating, Throw Elixir U and Thunderclap + Leapfinisher (see below).
  • Thunderclap whenever it is ready and Rocket Charge to access Superspeed. If Thunderclap is on cooldown, you can also use the Rocket Charge inside the Funcion Gyro or active Bulwark Gyro.
  • Stability via Elixir U, Function Gyro and Defense Field
  • Swiftness via Motarkit swapping. If done correctly, it will not interrupt your rotation at all.
  • You can camp the auto-attack for damage, use Electro Whirl when ready and Shock Shield if you have to block an attack or need more barrier.
  • Permanent Vigor allows you to dodge almost every time you want to.

2.) Strength BuildBack to the roots, I used the Superior Rune of Strength ages ago in one of my early Scrapper builds. For the Might Generation, it is kind of an overkill, but you can build up the stacks in no time. This build is the first that gets rid of the Superior Rune of the Chronomancer, which is quite expensive nowadays. I wonder who buys all those. However Strength Runes are a lot cheaper at the moment. You get an additional damage multiplier of + 5 % whenever you have Might = always. Gear is the same, but instead of Adaptive Armor we return to Applied Force.

Boon uptime:+ Quickness 100 % (still)+ 25 Might Stacks 100 %+ Stability: Almost permanent, with only small gaps of a few seconds.+ Vigor 100 %+ Swiftness 100 %+ Superspeed 100 %

Barrier:3,600 - 4,500 depending on how many damage multipliers are active. This build still uses a Bulwark Gyro, so you can reach Barrier Peaks of ~ 10,000. (single target)

Damage output:Tested with my Marauder's setup against the golem, increased by ~ 1,500 DPS. Again with other stats, the gap might be greater.

Playstyle:

• Toolbelt skills to access Kinetic Battery. NOTE: Start with the Gyro, else you overwrite its Superspeed.
  • Make sure to cast the Gyros by turn and between the Leapfinisher phases. To close the gaps, you can Throw Elixir U.
  • Thunderclap whenever it is ready and Rocket Charge to access Superspeed. If you are at low health, you can also cast the Medic Gyro and use the Rocket Charge for greater HP recovery. If Thunderclap is on cooldown, you can also use the Rocket Charge inside the Funcion Gyro or active Bulwark Gyro.
  • Stability via Elixir U, Defense Field and Toss Elixir B.
  • Swiftness via Motarkit swapping. If done correctly, it will not interrupt your rotation at all.
  • You can camp the auto-attack for damage, use Electro Whirl when ready and Shock Shield if you have to block an attack or need more barrier.

3.) Furious BuildSlightly higher damage output with another Rune and an additional buff. Barrier generation is almost as high as with the Adaptive Armor Build.

Boon uptime:+ Quickness 100 %+ 25 Might Stacks+ Stability: Not permanent. Can be extended to ~ 22 seconds. But this results in a gap of 10-15 seconds.+ Vigor 100 %+ Swiftness 100 %+ Superspeed: Almost permanent, with only small gaps.+ Fury 100 %

Barrier:3,800 - 5,000 depending on how many damage multipliers are active. No Bulwark Gyro. (single target)

Damage output:Slightly higher than with the Strength Rune set, although you do not have as many multipliers as with the other builds. The Ferocity boost from Fury and the Runes boost your damage output drastically. Even on my Marauder's setup, I got close to 5k.

Playstyle:

• Elixir B and Utility Goggles for Fury uptime, cast when ready or in need of a stun-breaker.
  • Toolbelt skills to access Kinetic Battery. NOTE: Start with the Gyro, else you overwrite its Superspeed.
  • Thunderclap whenever it is ready and Rocket Charge to access Superspeed. If you are at low health, you can also cast the Medic Gyro and use the Rocket Charge for greater HP recovery.
  • Stability via Elixir U and Toss Elixir B.
  • Analyze always at the beginning of a fight, to increase your damage output early by 10 %.

GEAR: As with my previous builds, what you put in the slots for Armor, Weapon and 2x Earring + Backpack is totally up to you. For the buff-uptime as discribed above, you only need a Diviner's Amulet and 2 Diviner's Rings. You can also try out other gear with boon duration stats, the requirement is 345 Concentration / 23 % Boon Duration (without Alchemy traited). I use Marauder's for the extra Vitality to increase my survivability.

BARRIER: As you can see in my builds, the barrier-gain is quite unsatisfying. Nothing to tank anything for real, you are just a better bruiser. Thanks to how Impact Savant works atm, it is often better to boost your damage output and ignore Adaptive Armor completely. Using Applied Force allows you to pick more powerful Rune sets than the Chronomancer, which usually results in more barrier-gain than sticking with Chronomancer and Adaptive Armor. I do not like that. This is opposite to the tank-philosophy of the Scrapper. This is not the end of the road, especially for the balance team.

About Shaped Charge: Most of us still ponder about this fix. Why? Explosives was often taken as a multiplier-source, because it only required 1 stack of vulnerability. So it was a nerf to the Holosmith? That was my first thought. During the tests with Impact Savant I also made a few tries with the Bombkit, because I remembered our old abandoned Elixir infused Bombs trait. For those of you who have not been here so long, that trait allowed us to heal partymembers and ourselves by just spamming bombs. It was quite effective back then, long before HoT. The sad part is, bomb kit works with Impact Savant. Dealing with several enemies at once, it generates a lot of barrier quickly. And that is probably the 2nd reason why Shaped Charge got "balanced." Especially when dealing with multiple enemies, the 20 stacks are a joke. Even when I tried it against the golem, I was not able to go beyond 19. Feels almost like ANet does not want us to have access any easy damage-multipliers.

Superior Rune of Sanctuary: No build about that? I ran tests with it, but the barrier gain is not that much better. 20 % of the heals sounds good in theory. But I am currently running a full analysis of all classes & skills to see what truly works with the rune and what not. Yesterday I did Thief and I have to admit, I have an idea why the wiki entry is not detailed - IT IS A GIANT MESS! Thief has so many different sources of heals, barely half work with the rune. In my opinion, the Rune does not work with enough heals on Engineer to be useful to us. When I have the list completed, I'll post it on the forums.

This is the current state of my experiments. I reworked my build and tried to make use of the changes. Some things work well, others not. If I find something better, I give you an update. If you have any ideas yourself, please let us know. There are no stupid ideas.

The best thing for open world is to run the scrapper equivalent of the raid build for holosmith, changing impact sigil to strength

Hammer/force/strength and then laser disk becomes shredder gyro; holo 3 2 2 becomes scrapper 1 3 3 (1 is for the superspeed for damage bonus, really any of the 3 work well); in explosives, you can turn big boomer over to short fuse to allow your grenades to help you maintain fury.

You can swap rifle turret to bulwark gyro or personal battering ram, as appropriate, or even blast gyro; it's pretty much a free slot.

I hate to come off as condescending but of all the builds ive read through on this thread, this one blows them out of the water for sustain. 25 might stacks, something like 9-11K dps by yourself (25-26K on the raid golem), upwards of 25-30K burst when up against a bunch of mobs, and with it comes around 6800 barrier just...all the time. Constantly. Not to mention if you somehow go down, if your shredder gyro is still going at the time, it can rally you by finishing the kill just like we've all done with laser disk before. Run bulwark gyro over rifle turret? You become nigh unstoppable.

You can even cycle in your medic gyro for more superspeed, and its water fields are longer than those of the heal turret which allows for much stronger heals - lower cast time as well.

I love theorycrafting as much as anyone else, but it seems like overthinking the kitten out of things has robbed you of half your dps, and with it, all of your sustain. Your barrier comes from damage, so you need to focus on damage as your 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th priorities.

Oh, and as far as shaped charge goes, bomb kit is never worth it over grenade kit anymore; grenades are 3 explosions at a time instead of 1 allowing a much easier time maintaining vuln stacks, and before the buff to hammer skills last week, hammer autos were already about 5% stronger than bomb autos anyway. Cast grenade 2, 4, 5 off cooldown, and cast at least one of those or grenade 1 after every single hammer auto chain.

@Aooogah.1673 said:The best thing for open world is to run the scrapper equivalent of the raid build for holosmith, changing impact sigil to strength

Hammer/force/strength and then laser disk becomes shredder gyro; holo 3 2 2 becomes scrapper 1 3 3 (1 is for the superspeed for damage bonus, really any of the 3 work well); in explosives, you can turn big boomer over to short fuse to allow your grenades to help you maintain fury.

You can swap rifle turret to bulwark gyro or personal battering ram, as appropriate, or even blast gyro; it's pretty much a free slot.

I hate to come off as condescending but of all the builds ive read through on this thread, this one blows them out of the water for sustain. 25 might stacks, something like 9-11K dps by yourself (25-26K on the raid golem), upwards of 25-30K burst when up against a bunch of mobs, and with it comes around 6800 barrier just...all the time. Constantly. Not to mention if you somehow go down, if your shredder gyro is still going at the time, it can rally you by finishing the kill just like we've all done with laser disk before. Run bulwark gyro over rifle turret? You become nigh unstoppable.

**i don't even know how u going to get 25 might stacks, sigil of strength only give u 10 stack of might after 10 sec, without quickness, ur action is pretty slow, maybe only get 8 stack of might from sigil of strength

yes, hammer AA do give u 4 stacks of might each chain for 8 sec, u probabily need 2 chain to stack up for 10 might, however , for opening, it's always hammer 5 + 3 + 2 + grenade 2 + 4 + 5, then u start to hammer AA, so u basicly can't even reach 10 might for the first 10 sec.**

**without might, fury and quickness, just not possible reach 9K dps only by urself on golem

u only get alot barrier when full boons like meta event, solo? not really.**

You can even cycle in your medic gyro for more superspeed, and its water fields are longer than those of the heal turret which allows for much stronger heals - lower cast time as well.

I love theorycrafting as much as anyone else, but it seems like overthinking the kitten out of things has robbed you of half your dps, and with it, all of your sustain. Your barrier comes from damage, so you need to focus on damage as your 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th priorities.

Oh, and as far as shaped charge goes, bomb kit is never worth it over grenade kit anymore; grenades are 3 explosions at a time instead of 1 allowing a much easier time maintaining vuln stacks, and before the buff to hammer skills last week, hammer autos were already about 5% stronger than bomb autos anyway. Cast grenade 2, 4, 5 off cooldown, and cast at least one of those or grenade 1 after every single hammer auto chain.

Sad note: even after patch, bomb AA still beats hammer AA

ppl above , they want 100% quickness uptime, so they trade some damage for it. just different of play style

full serker build need others to provide boons to hit hard, without it , also hit like wet noodle

I stand corrected. On the raid golem, hammer AA got 15,861 dps and bomb autos got 17,865 (tested about 3 minutes ago).

ppl above , they want 100% quickness uptime, so they trade some damage for it. just different of play style

The goal for a lot of people seems to be sustain, and they seem to be cutting their damage for sake of maintaining quickness by a larger amount than quickness restores, for a net loss of damage and sustain. I am trying to point out that chasing quickness is lower dps than taking what quickness you do get (30% uptime) and chasing damage.

Possible exception might be something like BD runes vs Scholar runes, but even then, you have to remember that the ferocity alone from Scholar runes raises your crit damage by like 7% (15% out of ~230% total; 215% without the rune), and even on raid golem conditions where you're rocking around 4000 Power, 175 power from Scholar runes is another 4.5% (175 added to the 3856 power you have without the runes), and THEN you consider the flat 5% damage bonus. So even boon duration runes increasing quickness uptime from 30% to 34.5% wont matter to the roughly 12.5% DPS increase from Scholar runes (excluding the 175 power since that is contained in Pack runes too).

These numbers are for raid golem conditions, so keep in mind all those percentages get even bigger in open world, because your power isn't boosted by banner of strength, you're not jammed up to 25 Might stacks constantly, no Empower Allies, etc. So the ferocity increase is even higher as a percentage, the power matters more, etc.

Also, I am fairly certain rocket charge is lower DPS than even the hammer auto if you divide the total damage by the cast time, but I believe this gets outweighed if you use it to maintain your superspeed by always using it in a lightning field.

Prior to the buffs to hammer, right when they made the last big changes in July or so that introduced the controversial Impact Savant rework, I found myself really enjoying the new scrapper, and testing it on the fractal golem ("by yourself" conditions instead of the raid golem), arcDPS was reporting peaks of about 7800 with sustain closer to 7500-7600 dps. With the hammer buffs, and with you pointing out that bomb autos are even more damage than hammer autos, I believe 9K should be very achievable for solo content. Basically you would do Hammer 2 off cooldown right after Bomb 2, then one hammer auto chain (for might/vuln), then back to bomb autos and repeat, casting hammer 5/3 and grenade 2/4/5 and the toolbelts/shredder gyro off cooldown and weaved between that sequence. I'll test it out later, if I remember, though I will be using Impact sigil over Strength Sigil since I can't be bothered using an Upgrade Extractor on it.

I wonder, though, since Bombs costs you a utility slot that currently I run rifle turret in:

What is more DPS? Bomb autos, or Hammer autos + surprise shot + rifle turret?

EDIT: I just ran a single raid golem test using only the above Hammer autos + surprise shot + rifle turret and got 17,630 DPS, compared to the bomb autos at 17,865. I would describe that as close enough to Bomb autos that hammer becomes preferable a) due to less kit swapping and b) due to better might generation for open world. Notably, however, the rifle turret prevents you from chasing after targets, and the bombs hit 5 targets instead of 3. But single target, I'm running hammer and rifle turret.

@"Aooogah.1673" said:

I stand corrected. On the raid golem, hammer AA got 15,861 dps and bomb autos got 17,865 (tested about 3 minutes ago).

The goal for a lot of people seems to be sustain, and they seem to be cutting their damage for sake of maintaining quickness by a larger amount than quickness restores, for a net loss of damage and sustain. I am trying to point out that chasing quickness is lower dps than taking what quickness you do get (30% uptime) and chasing damage.

After damage to barrier patch, u do get great sustsin from all the output damage, so istead of invest hp or toughness, u can simply invest damge and get both.

Possible exception might be something like BD runes vs Scholar runes, but even then, you have to remember that the ferocity alone from Scholar runes raises your crit damage by like 7% (15% out of ~230% total; 215% without the rune), and even on raid golem conditions where you're rocking around 4000 Power, 175 power from Scholar runes is another 4.5% (175 added to the 3856 power you have without the runes), and THEN you consider the flat 5% damage bonus. So even boon duration runes increasing quickness uptime from 30% to 34.5% wont matter to the roughly 12.5% DPS increase from Scholar runes (excluding the 175 power since that is contained in Pack runes too).

For solo with full zerker build, u normally has 10 might with poorly cover of quickness means no 200 power for u.U can Only count on 3000 power which is 150 power for 5% damage.Its like 175+225+150=550 point from scholar rune

On th other hand

Pack rune only give u 175+125+225(BD) =525 point, however, it gives u might fury and swiftness(which also increase damage), 5 stack of might boost ur quickness up time, it also covers fury

Really not a bad choice for solo scrapper

But for pve meta ,full zerker is the best.

These numbers are for raid golem conditions, so keep in mind all those percentages get even bigger in open world, because your power isn't boosted by banner of strength, you're not jammed up to 25 Might stacks constantly, no Empower Allies, etc. So the ferocity increase is even higher as a percentage, the power matters more, etc.

Also, I am fairly certain rocket charge is lower DPS than even the hammer auto if you divide the total damage by the cast time, but I believe this gets outweighed if you use it to maintain your superspeed by always using it in a lightning field.

Rocket charge is a hard to tell skill, cast time is around 2 sec with 3.3 damage modify. Hammer AA is 0.88+0.88+1.2=2.96 but cast time might be little bit faster.However, 2 leap could be a 2 daze with lighting field or 2640 healing which is a great bonus for sure. Also a 7 second of superspeed. So only use it on the field, without it, just AA will be fine.

Prior to the buffs to hammer, right when they made the last big changes in July or so that introduced the controversial Impact Savant rework, I found myself really enjoying the new scrapper, and testing it on the fractal golem ("by yourself" conditions instead of the raid golem), arcDPS was reporting peaks of about 7800 with sustain closer to 7500-7600 dps. With the hammer buffs, and with you pointing out that bomb autos are even more damage than hammer autos, I believe 9K should be very achievable for solo content. Basically you would do Hammer 2 off cooldown right after Bomb 2, then one hammer auto chain (for might/vuln), then back to bomb autos and repeat, casting hammer 5/3 and grenade 2/4/5 and the toolbelts/shredder gyro off cooldown and weaved between that sequence. I'll test it out later, if I remember, though I will be using Impact sigil over Strength Sigil since I can't be bothered using an Upgrade Extractor on it.

Bomb is really hard to pair with hammer for me, althought bomb AA do have better damage than hammer AA, however, u cant use hammer 2 + grenade 2 everytime when its on because ur on the bomb skill, its really hard to count cd time. so u lose some damage for it

I wonder, though, since Bombs costs you a utility slot that currently I run rifle turret in:

What is more DPS? Bomb autos, or Hammer autos + surprise shot + rifle turret?

EDIT: I just ran a single raid golem test using only the above Hammer autos + surprise shot + rifle turret and got 17,630 DPS, compared to the bomb autos at 17,865. I would describe that as close enough to Bomb autos that hammer becomes preferable a) due to less kit swapping and b) due to better might generation for open world. Notably, however, the rifle turret prevents you from chasing after targets, and the bombs hit 5 targets instead of 3. But single target, I'm running hammer and rifle turret.

Thanks for testing though. A great note.

Bomb also has powerful toolbelt, so it beats rifle turret even more for sure on golem, however for open world, u dont want to bomb ur enermy away, its just waste more time to kill it I guess.

Bomb also has powerful toolbeltIgnoring your points about open world, which do make it even worse, for sake of testing, the bomb toolbelt is once every 20 seconds for around a 25K hit in raid golem conditions; call it a boost of about 1250 DPS. Surprise shot hits around 7-8K every 8 seconds, and is instant cast, making it easier to use, but call it about 1000 DPS. The rifle turret itself, which similar to the Big Ol Bomb you also cannot use that well in open world, would only have to hit a 500 every other second to outmatch the the difference between toolbelt skills, and on the raid golem I believe it hits closer to about a 3K.

Either way, they are both very close in damage, but as you point out the bomb autos rob you of precise timing on some of your harder hitting skills and in general cost you a lot of might generation when you're running around on your own, and these two factors make it hard to justify running bomb kit over rifle turret.

Pack rune only give u 175+125+225(BD) =525 point, however, it gives u might fury and swiftness(which also increase damage), 5 stack of might boost ur quickness up time, it also covers fury

The point about fury is interesting in a way you don't bring up: running pack firework runes (6/20 fury vs 8/30) and traiting Explosives for Big Boomer instead of Short Fuse allows a 94% uptime on Fury with the built-in BD (would be 86% uptime on pack), which is plenty for open world and gets you that big increase to ferocity. I have conducted pretty hefty testing on different rune combos with full berserk however and the effective power is still significantly lower running Firework or Pack instead of Scholar, even with the extra might from pack or firework, and even with the partial swiftness from pack:

http://puu.sh/Ept77.png

Note the scrollbar on the right, though most of it is from writing out different variations of traits and utilities to test theoretical fury uptime (No Scope, pack/firework/rage, utility goggles traited with gadgeteer and not traited with gadgeteer, and elixir b traited with HGH and not traited with HGH).

Here's the latest part I added, with some more details on my rotation for the raid golem (which I acknowledge is not the same conditions as in open world for solo):http://puu.sh/Eptdw.png

As it turns out, that rotation (with stability added to the raid golem despite this boon not being supported by official benchmarks) now generates around 25,500 DPS—more than the extrapolated 25,100. The best I could get using bombs came out to around 24,000, though I am happy to test it out again, and again, and again, because I love Scrapper.

@"Aooogah.1673" said:

Bomb also has powerful toolbeltIgnoring your points about open world, which do make it even worse, for sake of testing, the bomb toolbelt is once every 20 seconds for around a 25K hit in raid golem conditions; call it a boost of about 1250 DPS. Surprise shot hits around 7-8K every 8 seconds, and is instant cast, making it easier to use, but call it about 1000 DPS. The rifle turret itself, which similar to the Big Ol Bomb you also cannot use that well in open world, would only have to hit a 500 every other second to outmatch the the difference between toolbelt skills, and on the raid golem I believe it hits closer to about a 3K.

Since bomb AA only fill the gap when all skills on CD which is not that much time. So the actually different may be smaller than u compare pure AA for both, or even rifle turret is better than bomb kit. But u do get extra field for leap finisher which is nice to me!

Either way, they are both very close in damage, but as you point out the bomb autos rob you of precise timing on some of your harder hitting skills and in general cost you a lot of might generation when you're running around on your own, and these two factors make it hard to justify running bomb kit over rifle turret.

I have done some open world running, bomb kit actually match the rotation nicely, hammer 5+3+ spin gyro + grenafe belt+ hammer 2 +grenade 2+4+5+bomb belt+bomb 2+ hammer 2+grenade 2+fgyro+hammer3+5+spin gyro

Kinda connect with each other, better than I thought actually.

The point about fury is interesting in a way you don't bring up: running
pack
firework runes (6/20 fury vs 8/30) and traiting Explosives for Big Boomer instead of Short Fuse allows a 94% uptime on Fury with the built-in BD (would be 86% uptime on pack), which is plenty for open world and gets you that big increase to ferocity. I have conducted pretty hefty testing on different rune combos with full berserk however and the effective power is still significantly lower running Firework or Pack instead of Scholar, even with the extra might from pack or firework, and even with the partial swiftness from pack:

Pack rune got extra 125 pre, thats why I choose it. With eixlier build which is nice to have extra 6% critical rate.

For full zerker, firework might be better, or just use scholar.

Buy from ur list, pack actually beats scholar, and not even consider swiftness 5% buff?!

Note the scrollbar on the right, though most of it is from writing out different variations of traits and utilities to test theoretical fury uptime (No Scope, pack/firework/rage, utility goggles traited with gadgeteer and not traited with gadgeteer, and elixir b traited with HGH and not traited with HGH).

I have to say, all the data build on 15 might is not going to happen on full zerker build, without it , u struggle to even reach 10 might which means no 30% quickness and +200 power for u from the trait! It a big damage lose have to count it in as well.

If someone can provide boons to u, why bother even use strength sigil or other rune?

With Boon duration build, u can keep 25 stack of might fury and quickness uptime to 100%, thats why it has the chance to beat full zerker build which even hard to reach 10 might and has poorly quickness uptime when solo.

Here's the latest part I added, with some more details on my rotation for the raid golem (which I acknowledge is not the same conditions as in open world for solo):http://puu.sh/Eptdw.png

As it turns out, that rotation (with stability added to the raid golem despite this boon not being supported by official benchmarks) now generates around 25,500 DPS—more than the extrapolated 25,100. The best I could get using bombs came out to around 24,000, though I am happy to test it out again, and again, and again, because I love Scrapper.

According to wiki, full hammer AA chain cost 2.75 sec, even with quickness, its at least need 1.83 to finish the chain, hammer 3 should be slightly faster than it with quickness. This data is also confirmed by discord group. So after patch, I think hammer 3 is worth using now since it got extra superspeed buff.

Funny note:

hammer 1-1 actually has the highest dps than 1-2 1-3 ,since the cast time is pretty short.

Hammer 1-2 1-3 has the same damage output because 1-3 has the longest cast time.

So It doesnt matter if u break the chain , it wont cost u any dps lose, actually u gain dps if u just finished hammer 1-1 and stop the chain! Funny.

Golem dps could be higher, as bad as me, can almost reach 27k with stability. I use rifle turret for it. Maybe bomb kit is something new to try it. Eixlier gun 4 is too hard for me

Thanks for all ur reserch, great data thought!

I have to say, all the data build on 15 might is not going to happen on full zerker build, without it , u struggle to even reach 10 mightI'm willing to test it again but I'm pretty sure you hang out at around 14-15 stacks of might permanently doing one hammer auto chain between every other skill

from ur list, pack actually beats scholar, and not even consider swiftness 5% buff

Pack never beats scholar in open world. Scholar has around 6% stronger hits (in full berserk gear) due to all the ferocity, and another 5% from the listed damage boost above 90% health (which should be always, because barrier); the swiftness from pack runes has a 26% uptime resulting in an overall 1.3% boost to dps instead of the 5% advertised by the scrapper trait. The extra 6 5% critical chance from 125 precision points does not outweigh the ferocity from scholar runes.

According to wiki, full hammer AA chain cost 2.75 sec

I'm really not sure how this data is generated. As far as I can tell the aftercast only affects your next hammer 1, but you can go right into another ability with no problem—especially if it is coming from another kit. I think things like surprise shot or shredder gyro cancel this aftercast as well. I'll have to run some tests to confirm that delay.

Golem dps could be higher, as bad as me, can almost reach 27k with stability

What boons are you applying to yourself, which conditions to golem, and what is your build and rotation? I've spent...a long time in front of that thing (close to 40 hours based on how much food/utility ive used up) and I'm pretty confident that my rotation has very little to improve on.

If you apply all of the possible conditions to the golem, that results in 6% higher DPS than standard benchmark conditions due to the modified ammunition trait; if you apply all possible boons to yourself, that gets a few extra profession mechanics that raise your DPS as well. Standard benchmark conditions are bleed, burn, poison, torment, confusion, chill, cripple, blind, slow, and 25x vuln; standard boons are 25x might, fury, vigor, alacrity, quickness, regeneration, swiftness (and since scrappers uniquely get dps boost from stability, we add stability even though a raid group cant maintain perma stab); standard profession mechanics are spotter, sun spirit, frost spirit, empower allies, banner of discipline, and banner of strength. Our food is sweet and spicy butternut squash soup and our utility is potent superior sharpening stone.

I am very interested to see your rotation that generates 27K DPS under those conditions on the raid golem.

@Aooogah.1673 said:

I have to say, all the data build on 15 might is not going to happen on full zerker build, without it , u struggle to even reach 10 mightI'm willing to test it again but I'm pretty sure you hang out at around 14-15 stacks of might permanently doing one hammer auto chain between every other skill

from ur list, u write 25 stack of might on strength sigil and rest for 15 ...?

It should be 14-15 for strength and 6-7 for the rest I guess

However, for solo, ur opening burst is pretty weak, because u have no quickness + low might for first 7 second, it really hurts for most of situation for open world pve which combat ends pretty fast.

from ur list, pack actually beats scholar, and not even consider swiftness 5% buff

Pack never beats scholar in open world. Scholar has around 6% stronger hits (in full berserk gear) due to all the ferocity, and another 5% from the listed damage boost above 90% health (which should be always, because barrier); the swiftness from pack runes has a 26% uptime resulting in an overall 1.3% boost to dps instead of the 5% advertised by the scrapper trait. The extra
5% critical chance from 125 precision points does not outweigh the ferocity from scholar runes.

Ur data says

Scholar 8364

Pack 8419

???

I guess u should count pack for 80% crit only?

According to wiki, full hammer AA chain cost 2.75 sec

I'm really not sure how this data is generated. As far as I can tell the aftercast only affects your next hammer 1, but you can go right into another ability with no problem—especially if it is coming from another kit. I think things like surprise shot or shredder gyro cancel this aftercast as well. I'll have to run some tests to confirm that delay.

Golem dps could be higher, as bad as me, can almost reach 27k with stability

What boons are you applying to yourself, which conditions to golem, and what is your build and rotation? I've spent...a
long
time in front of that thing (close to 40 hours based on how much food/utility ive used up) and I'm pretty confident that my rotation has very little to improve on.

If you apply all of the possible conditions to the golem, that results in 6% higher DPS than standard benchmark conditions due to the modified ammunition trait; if you apply all possible boons to yourself, that gets a few extra profession mechanics that raise your DPS as well. Standard benchmark conditions are bleed, burn, poison, torment, confusion, chill, cripple, blind, slow, and 25x vuln; standard boons are 25x might, fury, vigor, alacrity, quickness, regeneration, swiftness (and since scrappers uniquely get dps boost from stability, we add stability even though a raid group cant maintain perma stab); standard profession mechanics are spotter, sun spirit, frost spirit, empower allies, banner of discipline, and banner of strength. Our food is sweet and spicy butternut squash soup and our utility is potent superior sharpening stone.

I usde excactly the same thing u wrote with 10 conditions, but I do remenber I used a assissan stance from revenant by mistake, I dont know if this one effect of any dps?

I am very interested to see your rotation that generates 27K DPS under those conditions on the raid golem.

I think the different is hammer 3, i use it all the time, I use it on the field everytime even with heal skill belt, and I only use spin gyro belt to pair with hammer 3, I also use f gyro to fill the gap for superspeed.

Opening burst could even reach 28k

There r not rotation, but I do have opening burst

Hammer 5+3, rifle belt ,spin gyro , grenade belt, hammer 2, grenade 2+4+5, hammer AA x1 , hammer 2+ grenade 2, spin gyro belt + hammer3

After that, I have no rotation.

Good luck on trying!

Ur data says

Scholar 8364

Pack 8419

At the top is the effective power running short fuse for 100% fury uptime which gets scholar to 8669 (assuming 80% uptime on 90%+ health, which should be closer to 100% uptime on our nice barrier-rich scrapper). 50% fury uptime by not running short fuse is definitely a big loss to DPS, and short fuse vs big boomer is the main thing we're examining when we look at "scholar rune" vs "rune that helps fury uptime"

Assassin's presence:

Putting it together in the build editor, full meta scrapper build using infusions has you at 100% crit chance (on the raid golem) with 3797 power and 1467 ferocity for a 247.8% critical damage. Assassin's presence adds 150 ferocity to allies, which equates to 10% critical damage at 1% every 15 points of ferocity, for a total of 257.8% critical damage. This is a 4% increase in DPS which would translate your reported 27K to 25,952—a good 1.8% above the 25,500 I have been able to achieve; I would say we are at the same level but using hammer 3 in lightning fields as a replacement of that auto chain, as well as practice at cycling the med/shredder/stealth/function gyro to also maintain super speed (scrapper 1 3 3 is group-meta because might is provided and that way you get superspeed), should result in maybe 26,500 as peak sustained DPS and bursts of around 30K for the first few seconds of the fight.

On another note, running firearms 3 3 2, explosives 3 2 2, tools 1 3 3, with rifle/bombs/throw mine/grenades/elite mortar kit, I have been able to sustain 26-27K DPS with the highest burst I saw being around an incredible (ignoring holosmith) 33K opener. As a power core engi without even using the benchmark hack of adding stability. You don't get the barrier running core engi, but wow, surely that's a sign that scrapper needs some significant buffs if the core spec can beat it despite being designed for condi DPS. It honestly blows my mind and really highlights just how much diversity this class really does have; I thought I already knew how diverse we are!

EDIT: thought I would clarify that, from what I can tell, the reason core power engineer does more DPS than scrapper on the raid golem is because of static discharge, which helps on your toolbelts (as infrequent as they are), and because you get +10% damage when you have vigor (100% uptime on vigor on raid golem); the comparison would be object in motion for scrapper which is 100% uptime on swiftness (+5%) and...maybe 50% uptime on superspeed? 60%? If it is 60% uptime on superspeed that's 60% of a +5% modifier for an aggregate of +3% and a total of +8% damage from object in motion. The tools trait outweighs it in intensity and simplicity.

@"Aooogah.1673" said:

Ur data says

Scholar 8364

Pack 8419

At the top is the effective power running short fuse for 100% fury uptime which gets scholar to 8669 (assuming 80% uptime on 90%+ health, which should be closer to 100% uptime on our nice barrier-rich scrapper). 50% fury uptime by not running short fuse is definitely a big loss to DPS, and short fuse vs big boomer is the main thing we're examining when we look at "scholar rune" vs "rune that helps fury uptime"

Assassin's presence:

Putting it together in the build editor, full meta scrapper build using infusions has you at 100% crit chance (on the raid golem) with 3797 power and 1467 ferocity for a 247.8% critical damage. Assassin's presence adds 150 ferocity to allies, which equates to 10% critical damage at 1% every 15 points of ferocity, for a total of 257.8% critical damage. This is a 4% increase in DPS which would translate your reported 27K to 25,952—a good 1.8% above the 25,500 I have been able to achieve; I would say we are at the same level but using hammer 3 in lightning fields as a replacement of that auto chain, as well as practice at cycling the med/shredder/stealth/function gyro to also maintain super speed (scrapper 1 3 3 is group-meta because might is provided and that way you get superspeed), should result in maybe 26,500 as peak sustained DPS and bursts of around 30K for the first few seconds of the fight.

nuh, not this one, it's Facet of Nature—Assassin, turns out also a dps increase, so i redo the golem again

and the hightest number i can get is 26475... most of it was around 26K, peak is around 32k which is really bad

few notes from testings:

1. bomb kit is a huge dps lose, down the number to around 24.5k

2. hammer 3 is still a bad skill for dps if u don't need leap for combo effect, cant even reach 26k...

3. hammer AA chain is useless if u don't need might, fell free to break it when other skill is up to use

4. Function gyro is really powerful DPS skill because the short cast time, so use it on CD

5. spin gyro tool belt can also increase few dps, but not so much

On another note, running firearms 3 3 2, explosives 3 2 2, tools 1 3 3, with rifle/bombs/throw mine/grenades/elite mortar kit, I have been able to sustain 26-27K DPS with the highest burst I saw being around an incredible (ignoring holosmith) 33K opener. As a power core engi without even using the benchmark hack of adding stability. You don't get the barrier running core engi, but wow, surely that's a sign that scrapper needs some significant buffs if the core spec can beat it despite being designed for condi DPS. It honestly blows my mind and really highlights just how much diversity this class really does have; I thought I already knew how diverse we are!

EDIT: thought I would clarify that, from what I can tell, the reason core power engineer does more DPS than scrapper on the raid golem is because of static discharge, which helps on your toolbelts (as infrequent as they are), and because you get +10% damage when you have vigor (100% uptime on vigor on raid golem); the comparison would be object in motion for scrapper which is 100% uptime on swiftness (+5%) and...maybe 50% uptime on superspeed? 60%? If it is 60% uptime on superspeed that's 60% of a +5% modifier for an aggregate of +3% and a total of +8% damage from object in motion. The tools trait outweighs it in intensity and simplicity.

scrapper trait is pretty lame for any dps , stability and superspeed buff should atleast give 12% buff instead 5% since u can't have it all the timealso quickness should give +300 power since other class can easily get +300 attibute from traitand hammer should get +10% damage buff from the trait as well !hammer skill 2 should get more dps buff compare to other class, 2.4 coefficent still so far behind, should at least be 3.5!spin gyro should also get 25% more damage buff and a blast finisher on the end, whirl finisher is pretty useless, can't even hit anyone lol

26.4K with stability is just gross...

It's tricky. I want to say a flat, simple, "core engineer shouldn't get more power DPS than scrapper because scrapper was designed to be the melee specialization of engineer" but it isn't that simple. Power scrapper gets all that barrier to compensate for being about 10% behind core power engineer. I don't know if I would rather see a 30K dps power scrapper through further buffs to the hammer skills/scrapper traits, or if I would prefer to see elixir gun be buffed to let you apply might and quickness to allies. I am leaning toward the latter because that would cement scrapper healer's awesomeness without encroaching on holosmith's DPS space.