Appeal of the Russian-speaking community Guild Wars 2

INOY.6945

Hello!

Last week, I published an appeal to ArenaNet on behalf of the Russian-speaking community, Guild Vars 2. This post is still in the top discussions. I did not write to you personally in the hope of your answer, but, unfortunately, I did not wait for it. In this regard, I have several questions:

1. Are you aware of this appeal and its contents?

2. Was this appeal discussed with the management of ArenaNet?

3. What decision was made after considering the appeal?

Respectfully,Alexander INOY Frolov.

Well tbh after that really distasteful angry outburst you put out in your other thread yesterday I am not sure it really deserves to be taken seriously with an informed response, which is a shame because up until your outburst the thread had been quite supportive and informative towards you and your fellow Russian posters request for Cyrillic support in game.

@Ol Nik.2518 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Wow. Are you posting under two names, then? Drevin
and
noviiparen?

Because I am absolutely certain I replied to Drevin and not noviiparen. Perhaps, a step back is indicated.

You replied to both of them at one point or another. They talk about different things. Drevin was talking about raids and noviiparen was talking about guild chat and general communication. I guess it is just a misunderstanding on all parts.

The particular game mode is irrelevant tbh as the use of things like discord would likely be a better option for a part of the community feeling they need something to help their gaming experience through being able to use/speak their own language rather than some limited 3rd party translation program.It would certainly be a far quicker solution to the issue at the very least.What was not warranted was the distasteful outburst from @noviiparen.8163 which added nothing to the discusiion, in fact it only served to hurt it imo.

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:

and
noviiparen?

Because I am absolutely certain I replied to Drevin and not noviiparen. Perhaps, a step back is indicated.

You replied to both of them at one point or another. They talk about different things. Drevin was talking about raids and noviiparen was talking about guild chat and general communication. I guess it is just a misunderstanding on all parts.

The particular game mode is irrelevant tbh as the use of things like discord would likely be a better option for a part of the community feeling they need something to help their gaming experience through being able to use/speak their own language rather than some limited 3rd party translation program.It would certainly be a far quicker solution to the issue at the very least.What was not warranted was the distasteful outburst from @noviiparen.8163 which added nothing to the discusiion, in fact it only served to hurt it imo.

I agree that noviiparen overreacted. I also agree that it hurts his cause a lot. That's why I pointed it out to him directly (this thread got heavily moderated, though).

Teamspeak/Discord/other third party application can be a solution that works for some, but not for all. It does not work for those of us who use older hardware and/or Macs. It does not work for players with attention problems, as well.

I do not know why you are talking about translation software. Support for multiple writing systems in chat does not require any translation software.

@Ol Nik.2518 said:

and
noviiparen?

I agree that noviiparen overreacted. I also agree that it hurts his cause a lot. That's why I pointed it out to him directly (this thread got heavily moderated, though).

Teamspeak/Discord/other third party application can be a solution that works for some, but not for all. It does not work for those of us who use older hardware and/or Macs. It does not work for players with attention problems, as well.

I do not know why you are talking about translation software. Support for multiple writing systems in chat does not require any translation software.

Wasn't just an overreaction tbh it was outright disgraceful.That said, yes your right.. I meant support of Cyrillic not language translation.. for some reason I was must of still been thinking of the original thread a while back discussing actual language support/ translation not Cyrillic .

TBH if your using older hardware that cant run discord, TS or the like then I am surprised their GW2 experience isn't already pretty poor. I think I've been using TS for 10years, discord is newer for sure, but my old Win7 Pentium run laptop runs GW2, granted not that great these days but those people your thinking of must be running steam driven PC's then... no idea on Mac's - never liked them so don't utilise them. As for poor attention span, I am no expert in that either, but sounds like that would have a effect just playing the game whether using Cyrillic, language translators or voice chat.

Of course, I do not condone the statements of one of my compatriots, but explaining his reaction is quite simple. have you seen the video appeal? a lot of time and effort was spent, everything was very sincere and kind. but instead of support, for example: "yes, our friends, we wish you to achieve your goal, we believe in you ..." we hear only skepticism. as if all the conversion is just some kind of misunderstanding, and all the forces were wasted. as a result - a nervous breakdown. is anyone here speaking on behalf of ANET? or does everyone express their point of view only?

As posted previously, the same video was shared in another thread with a Dev response. The official answer was there would be no changes.

Though, one never knows what the future may bring. Whilst awaiting any possible changes, one might consider taking advantage of other possible venues of communication.

(Do also consider: Moderation of the thread means it has been officially noticed.)

Good luck.

@"Drevin.5392" said:Of course, I do not condone the statements of one of my compatriots, but explaining his reaction is quite simple. have you seen the video appeal? a lot of time and effort was spent, everything was very sincere and kind. but instead of support, for example: "yes, our friends, we wish you to achieve your goal, we believe in you ..." we hear only skepticism. as if all the conversion is just some kind of misunderstanding, and all the forces were wasted. as a result - a nervous breakdown. is anyone here speaking on behalf of ANET? or does everyone express their point of view only?

So people are not allowed to be skeptical? People are not allowed to have a different opinion? Well, then maybe a forum is the wrong place for you.

@yoni.7015 said:

@"Drevin.5392" said:Of course, I do not condone the statements of one of my compatriots, but explaining his reaction is quite simple. have you seen the video appeal? a lot of time and effort was spent, everything was very sincere and kind. but instead of support, for example: "yes, our friends, we wish you to achieve your goal, we believe in you ..." we hear only skepticism. as if all the conversion is just some kind of misunderstanding, and all the forces were wasted. as a result - a nervous breakdown. is anyone here speaking on behalf of ANET? or does everyone express their point of view only?

So people are not allowed to be skeptical? People are not allowed to have a different opinion? Well, then maybe a forum is the wrong place for you.

and who said that you are forbidden to be a skeptic? )

@Drevin.5392 said:

@Drevin.5392 said:Of course, I do not condone the statements of one of my compatriots, but explaining his reaction is quite simple. have you seen the video appeal? a lot of time and effort was spent, everything was very sincere and kind. but instead of support, for example: "yes, our friends, we wish you to achieve your goal, we believe in you ..." we hear only skepticism. as if all the conversion is just some kind of misunderstanding, and all the forces were wasted. as a result - a nervous breakdown. is anyone here speaking on behalf of ANET? or does everyone express their point of view only?

Read the quote I was referring to. To expect only positive reactions is naive. And it is not true that there were only skeptical responses. There was a lot of support from other Russians.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:As posted previously, the same video was shared in another thread with a Dev response. The official answer was there would be no changes.

Though, one never knows what the future may bring. Whilst awaiting any possible changes, one might consider taking advantage of other possible venues of communication.

(Do also consider: Moderation of the thread means it has been officially noticed.)

Good luck.

Where is this thread with Dev response?

@yoni.7015 said:

@Drevin.5392 said:Of course, I do not condone the statements of one of my compatriots, but explaining his reaction is quite simple. have you seen the video appeal? a lot of time and effort was spent, everything was very sincere and kind. but instead of support, for example: "yes, our friends, we wish you to achieve your goal, we believe in you ..." we hear only skepticism. as if all the conversion is just some kind of misunderstanding, and all the forces were wasted. as a result - a nervous breakdown. is anyone here speaking on behalf of ANET? or does everyone express their point of view only?

Read the quote I was referring to. To expect only positive reactions is naive. And it is not true that there were only skeptical responses. There was a lot of support from other Russians.

This is my post. I know what I said. do not distort the essence of my words.

@noviiparen.8163 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:As posted previously, the same video was shared in another thread
with
a Dev response. The official answer was there would be no changes.

Good luck.

Where is this thread with Dev response?

I join the question. where is this message, give a link. I want to know our verdict.

@Drevin.5392 said:

I did not distort anything. But in a forum everyone can express their opinion, even if it is a different opinion than yours. Accepting different opinions is an essence of a democratic society. And to say that you only hear skepticism is just wrong. There was a lot of support. So where did you get this from, that you only hear skepticism?

@yoni.7015 said:

I did not distort anything. But in a forum everyone can express their opinion, even if it is a different opinion than yours. Accepting different opinions is an essence of a democratic society. And to say that you only hear skepticism is just wrong. There was a lot of support. So where did you get this from, that you
only
hear skepticism?

I completely agree with you on the account of democracy) and I will even say more - truth is born in a dispute. Speaking of skepticism naturally, I meant our Western friends. you say that many Russians spoke out positively - shouldn't that be so? it’s natural, to support your compatriots))) I didn’t want evil and forbade anything (you put it that way). and, if I’m wrong, then show me which of our Western friends, native English speakers, expressed words of support to us?

@Drevin.5392 said:

I did not distort anything. But in a forum everyone can express their opinion, even if it is a different opinion than yours. Accepting different opinions is an essence of a democratic society. And to say that you only hear skepticism is just wrong. There was a lot of support. So where did you get this from, that you
only
hear skepticism?

I completely agree with you on the account of democracy) and I will even say more - truth is born in a dispute. Speaking of skepticism naturally, I meant our Western friends. you say that many Russians spoke out positively - shouldn't that be so? it’s natural, to support your compatriots))) I didn’t want evil and forbade anything (you put it that way). and, if I’m wrong, then show me which of our Western friends, native English speakers, expressed words of support to us?

FYI I said near the start I had no issue with your request being implemented as it is a reasonable request that I’d want implemented if I was in your shoes. I just gave out reasons why Anet had declared no in the past.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:As posted previously, the same video was shared in another thread with a Dev response. The official answer was there would be no changes.

Good luck.

Are you talking about this link?

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:You might find this thread enlightening (Dev responses): https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/307741/#Comment_307741I believe it references the same video.

Good luck.

This response is dated 8 December 2017. It talks about localisations, not language support in chats. The thread references petition that is mentioned in the video. However, I can hardly see how it could reference the video posted in this thread since it was uploaded to YouTube on the 28 September 2019.

This thread and the video do not ask for localisation. They ask for Cyrillic support in chats.

I did not distort anything. But in a forum everyone can express their opinion, even if it is a different opinion than yours. Accepting different opinions is an essence of a democratic society. And to say that you only hear skepticism is just wrong. There was a lot of support. So where did you get this from, that you only hear skepticism?

Thank you, but we are not interested in the link two years ago with a request to translate the game into Russian. We speak English as you see. Yes, sometimes with pronunciation problems. But we make full use of the English language in raids, fractals, map chat, etc. But we would like to talk with a friend in our native language. We are not interested in localization.

@AlexVv.3965 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:As posted previously, the same video was shared in another thread
with
a Dev response. The official answer was there would be no changes.

Could you give a link to this official answer? And where is this topic? I did not see anything, and why if there was an answer, then it was not in this topic?

I think the thread Inculpatus is thinking about is the one relating to implementing full Russian language for the game, which also expanded into using external player resource to offer translational modding and wiki... that was no no'ed by ANET for the reasons already stated in this thread early on.. cost and can of worms.

However this thread is actually about the request for Cyrillic, which as some have pointed out is not the same thing as was previously requested...

EDIT - This is one such thread I recall, not sure if its the one @Inculpatus cedo.9234 was thinking ofhttps://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/59217/more-localizations-your-thoughts#first