Whats a prominent Lore Figure that dwell into Reality Warping/Time Manipulation/Reality Corruption?

Knighthonor.4061

Off the top of my head, Abaddon- whose version of the apocalypse involved twisting the world into a nightmarish extension of the Realm of Torment, complete with disturbing amounts of fleshy protrusions, milky eyes, and most especially, teeth- and I suppose maybe Lord Odran, an old human magic-user that breached a part of the Mists that may have facilitated time travel. Hard emphasis on the may. Oh, and Kralkatorrik's last shenanigans, breaking down Tyria's space-time with his rampant rift-making.

We might be able to give you better responses if you provide more detail on what you're looking for. Do you just need something vaguely in that territory, or are you looking for something to fill a more specific role?

@"Aaron Ansari.1604" said:Off the top of my head, Abaddon- whose version of the apocalypse involved twisting the world into a nightmarish extension of the Realm of Torment, complete with disturbing amounts of fleshy protrusions, milky eyes, and most especially, teeth- and I suppose maybe Lord Odran, an old human magic-user that breached a part of the Mists that may have facilitated time travel. Hard emphasis on the may.

We might be able to give you better responses if you provide more detail on what you're looking for. Do you just need something vaguely in that territory, or are you looking for something to fill a more specific role?

Looking for Reality warping, as in ,Change something from one thing into a different reality. Sort of like Scarlet Witch from Xmen.

I mentioned time manipulation because thats another method to change something from one thing to into another like Flashpoint in DC comics changed Batman from Bruce Wayne into Thomas Wayne instead.

I assume since the Mist deals with different reality and time works differently, that the lore figure in question would have great influence in Mist energy

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

@"Aaron Ansari.1604" said:Off the top of my head,
- whose version of the apocalypse involved twisting the world into a nightmarish extension of the Realm of Torment, complete with disturbing amounts of fleshy protrusions, milky eyes, and most especially, teeth- and I suppose maybe
, an old human magic-user that breached a part of the Mists that may have facilitated time travel. Hard emphasis on the
may

Looking for Reality warping, as in ,Change something from one thing into a different reality. Sort of like Scarlet Witch from Xmen.

I mentioned time manipulation because thats another method to change something from one thing to into another like Flashpoint in DC comics changed Batman from Bruce Wayne into Thomas Wayne instead.

I assume since the Mist deals with different reality and time works differently, that the lore figure in question would have great influence in Mist energy

So basically every revenant?

@RedShark.9548 said:

- whose version of the apocalypse involved twisting the world into a nightmarish extension of the Realm of Torment, complete with disturbing amounts of fleshy protrusions, milky eyes, and most especially, teeth- and I suppose maybe
, an old human magic-user that breached a part of the Mists that may have facilitated time travel. Hard emphasis on the
may

So basically every revenant?

no revenants dont warp reality to corrupt people.

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

may

To my knowledge, the only figure in GW lore to get even close to some of the shenaniganry attributed to Scarlet Witch was Abaddon. Maybe Shiro with the Jade Wind? Xera from the third raid wing would qualify on a smaller scale, but she's not quite a 'prominent lore figure'.

I mentioned time manipulation because thats another method to change something from one thing to into another like Flashpoint in DC comics changed Batman from Bruce Wayne into Thomas Wayne instead.Nothing like that.I assume since the Mist deals with different reality and time works differently, that the lore figure in question would have great influence in Mist energyWith the exception of the God of Secrets, the rule of thumb is that messing with the Mists produces splinter copies, things like the Fractals, instead of changing the original.

@Aaron Ansari.1604 said:

@Aaron Ansari.1604 said:Off the top of my head,
may

To my knowledge, the only figure in GW lore to get even close to some of the shenaniganry attributed to Scarlet Witch was Abaddon. Maybe Shiro with the
?
from the third raid wing would qualify on a smaller scale, but she's not quite a 'prominent lore figure'.

I mentioned time manipulation because thats another method to change something from one thing to into another like Flashpoint in DC comics changed Batman from Bruce Wayne into Thomas Wayne instead.Nothing like that.I assume since the Mist deals with different reality and time works differently, that the lore figure in question would have great influence in Mist energyWith the exception of the God of Secrets, the rule of thumb is that messing with the Mists produces splinter copies, things like the Fractals, instead of changing the original.

Abaddon seem to fit best but looking for others. But he best fit an example of what I mean. Like when he corrupted Shiro and sort of changed him.

I am looking for Lore figures that kind of do that sort of thing. If you know others to include in this please share. Thanks.

All of the Elder Dragons except Aurene (so far) visibly warped reality around them, especially Kralkatorrik.

All of the human Gods, at the height of their powers, have been shown to at least bend reality, though that was usually within The Mists, where reality is more fluid.

The Snaff Savant has a history of time- and reality-altering shenanigans, through their invention of the Infinity Ball.

Auris Weirdbringer is this universe's version of Doc Brown, though he's usually on the "repair" side of temporal corruption.

Corporal Bane (along with his helicopter) is Tyria's most famous confirmed time-travel manipulator and walking temporal paradox.

Mad King Thorn has a powerful corrupting influence while he's able to remain on Tyria. So much so that Candy Corn deposits and gateways to his realm appear all over the world.

Isgarren, and the previous owners of the Wizard's Tower have been known (but not observed) to wield world-altering magics.

Shiro Tagachi, with power granted to him as a destined Envoy, twisted and enhanced by Abbadon, created both the Jade Wind, and the plague of corruption that caused the Afflicted and Shiro'ken.

@Randulf.7614 said:What has been suggested is the closest you will find. There aren’t any that match your specific criteria

What do u need the info for?

Need a Revenant legend for idea. Could have just made up a character but figured I would ask first if a certain Lore figure fits what I am trying to do and use them. Obviously Abaddon fits this role the best, but not sure if invoking a God is in Revenant's legend boundaries. So I asked if anybody else fits that role of being able to change and corrupt other beings in the same way Abaddon did Shiro.But push come to shove I will just roll with Abaddon.

Depending on the level of "reality warping" you're talking about, without entering the realm of cosmic beings like gods and elder dragons, Kanaxai and Lord Odran would be the most lore prominent individuals for this. Maybe Shiro as well, but I wouldn't quite call a massive spell of petrification empowered by one god and warped by another to be "reality altering". But it depends on your level of defining such. If Shiro works, then on a small scale, any elementalist or monk would too.

Kanaxai is a "Nightmare Demon" who is able to enter and twist the minds of others nearby, turning them mad and ravenous; in time such individuals would turn into Oni. He's basically the Freddy Kruger of GW, given an extra layer of influence.

There's also The Blasphemy, though we know next to nothing about it. It's a dark spirit in service to Abaddon that Varesh left behind at the Grand Court of Sebelkeh to further along Nightfall after the ritual to weaken Abaddon's prison was completed.

And of course, there's Mad King Thorn, who's capable of warping Lion's Arch (and in GW1, Droknar's Forge, Tomb of the Primeval Kings, and Kamadan) into spooky visages of itself, as well as transform citizens.

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:What has been suggested is the closest you will find. There aren’t any that match your specific criteria

What do u need the info for?

Need a Revenant legend for idea. Could have just made up a character but figured I would ask first if a certain Lore figure fits what I am trying to do and use them. Obviously Abaddon fits this role the best, but not sure if invoking a God is in Revenant's legend boundaries. So I asked if anybody else fits that role of being able to change and corrupt other beings in the same way Abaddon did Shiro.But push come to shove I will just roll with Abaddon.

For role play your Rev could be a revived priestess/priest of Abbadon. She/he Never stopped honoring Abbadon. There are Abbadon skins .... I think.