How Good/Bad would it be

Khalisto.5780

@Khalisto.5780 said:How good/bad would be having a no downstate in spvp?

As some kind of weekend event/mini-season it would be pretty cool.Downstate brings a tactical aspect to the game that I enjoy. Rotting/other playmaking revolving around downstate injects decisions into a game that would otherwise be just a circlequest.Removing it completely would decrease the number of braincells required to play. So that's a nope from me.

There's upsides and downsides. On one hand, if you've ever played WvW during the No Downstate Weekends they've had, you know that it feels REALLY good, and just snappier gameplaywise when people actually die when you kill them. Being able to effortlessly handle 1vX by focusing a target full dead handily with no concern for their allies reviving them is a blast. On the other hand, Downstate really does bring a really unique, fun, and tactical edge to the game when you get into 2v2-5v5 scenarios.

And even 1v1, abusing downstate to rot a body off node for an additional 30 seconds especially if you catch them trying to bandage when they think you're not looking is AMAZING. Genuinely one of my favorite things to do in the game.

Overall there's too much work to gut both downstate out of the game entirely for SPvP. There are too many traits and skills across the classes that play with it.

I think No Downstate Weeks in Unranked or No Downstate in Ranked specifically during Off Season could be REALLY fun.

I think not having Downstate, having players fully die when their health is depleted and just having a number of specific skills spread across the classes that can resurrect allies in a very limited window before they go on respawn might have been healthier for the game in the long run. One of Guild Wars 2's many "What ifs".