[Feedback]Glacial Heart Improvements

FtoPScrub.5476

• For most purposes, Glacial Blow is actually worse than Mighty Blow. The small damage increase and 2.5seconds of chill is not nearly enough to offset a 50% cooldown increase. A skill that is supposed to be enhanced by a trait should not be arguably worse than the normal version of the skill.
  • The chill that applies on disables is borderline irrelevant because the chill duration is far too low. If I Banish(hammer 4) someone, by the time they can get back up and move around, the chill is already gone. The movement impairing effect is wasted. The only thing it does is increase opponent cooldown by a miniscule <1 second. Even with shorter lived CCs, like shield 5, the chill is at least half gone by the time they can move around.
  • The removal of the crit-ability means the damage on the skill hits for basically nothing. We are talking low 100s. At that point, why even include the extra damage? For a skill that is reliant on CCs(which generally have longer cooldowns) its so small it doesn't carry any consequence.

But the thing is, the design of the trait has significant potential. I know I'm not the only one who was excited for the possibilities upon reading the description of Glacial Heart, but the numerical values attached to it's effects aren't high enough to amount to anything useful. At least in competitive modes, its a trait that everyone wants to take but no one actually does.

My suggestion is this:

• Decrease the cooldown of Glacial Blow to match Mighty Blow. Hammer is a very underwhelming weapon and isn't used anywhere. There is virtually no risk of it making the weapon set suddenly OP.
  • Increase the chill duration to baseline 4 seconds. This would make the trait very interesting for a variety of builds, even those who aren't using Hammer.
  • Remove the damage portion. The trait is already feature rich. Given the suggested buffs to chill duration and glacial blow, adding damage on top of this is unnecessary.

@FtoPScrub.5476 said:

• For most purposes, Glacial Blow is actually worse than Mighty Blow. The small damage increase and 2.5seconds of chill is not nearly enough to offset a 50% cooldown increase. A skill that is supposed to be enhanced by a trait should not be arguably worse than the normal version of the skill.
  • The chill that applies on disables is borderline irrelevant because the chill duration is far too low. If I Banish(hammer 4) someone, by the time they can get back up and move around, the chill is already gone. The movement impairing effect is wasted. The only thing it does is increase opponent cooldown by a miniscule <1 second. Even with shorter lived CCs, like shield 5, the chill is at least half gone by the time they can move around.

Sage FB and burn DH disagree with you. This is an amazing trait that lands an extra condi AND counts towards VoJ Permeating Wrath

I fancy myself pretty competent with hammer while playing core medi guard. I would appreciate the buff but, this would be out of hand. The burst is already pretty damn good and lowering the cd on that would be OP. As far as the duration of chill, I have no problem using my kit to rack up a few stacks, and if used with Superior Sigil of Hydromancy, there's more than enough. Even if you disregard the chill on disable, Glacial Blow by itself, with it's increased dmg and inherent chill, is pretty beast.

I think you are mixing two things. Glacial Heart is great. Hammer is not. They are not mutually exclusive.

I do not think Glacial Heart needs any changes. Hammer though is garage. It is the worst guardian weapon, by a huge margin, and one of the worst weapons in the game.