Which spec is good for Conquest, but is not considered OP?

Greyjoy.5167

I am hanging on the forums for a while now.What I see - there is always at least one "completely broken, unhealthy, ridiculous" build at a time.If post complaining about any other build appears, it gets compared to what is "completely uber mega broken" and therefore changed to quality shitpost as any farther discussion makes no sense.Complain posts are never supported by proper comparison to anything it should/could be compared to. Rarely there is an evidence that somebody says truth (some screen shot of dmg ex.) Still, person complaining is literally never thinking of what he could do better to survive/win. It is always 100-0 combo from stealth or 3v1 or afk healing node.I went through really many posts like these. None provided anything useful for fixing the issues, majority not even pointed the issue or properly showd it.

So, to approach this from the other side - what are the specs\builds that fits meta, but are not OP by any means. Few words why would be nice. Please indicate which spec you are voting as I cannot make poll with more than 10 options ;/.

For me Scrapper after the buffs feels fine. Not too powerful, not too cheesy. Sustain is something staple for Engi, so that's intended. Quite versatile. Sometimes feel clunky, but that's most likely intended as well. Can bunker well if build correctly, but dmg costs are visible.

@Greyjoy.5167 said:For me Scrapper after the buffs feels fine. Not too powerful, not too cheesy. Sustain is something staple for Engi, so that's intended. Quite versatile. Sometimes feel clunky, but that's most likely intended as well. Can bunker well if build correctly, but dmg costs are visible.

I think most people would agree that Holosmith, an engineer spec, is frankly one of if not the single strongest build you can bring into ranked. Prot Holo or Rifle.

My vote is Necromancer. While it's always been really, really strong when used correctly, it's also comparatively very narrow in it's capabilities being almost exclusively a team fighter due to how it just can't survive or escape side noding if it ends up 1vX, as well as restrained by it's bottom of the barrel mobility and active mitigation. It has a very clear potent strength but also weaknesses to exploit and these same strengths and weaknesses hold true across all necromancer specs to varying degrees.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@Greyjoy.5167 said:For me Scrapper after the buffs feels fine. Not too powerful, not too cheesy. Sustain is something staple for Engi, so that's intended. Quite versatile. Sometimes feel clunky, but that's most likely intended as well. Can bunker well if build correctly, but dmg costs are visible.

I think most people would agree that Holosmith, an engineer spec, is frankly one of if not the single strongest build you can bring into ranked. Prot Holo or Rifle.

I was referring to Scrapper solely. I could not make more poll answers, so vote needs to be clarifien in the comment i guess :/.Holo is strong, but is it op? Dependednt on who is it facing i'd say. From my perspective Spellbreaker/Core Warr is absurdly op, but Holo is outplayable. Really hard to determine one verdict on what's the most op, so let's not do that please. Just give me what you feel is doing good, but is not broken.