How does Death Nova scale with power and precision?

Josiah.2967

To be honest with you im surprised they fixed the Deathnova its 100% better than it use to be as before strike damage was never applied. That said its in the death magic line and its still not that good. But it seems to scale alright ish for what is both power and condi but dont expect anything too crazy its weak and it scales up but is still weak compared to other options you could take.

@ZDragon.3046 said:To be honest with you im surprised they fixed the Deathnova its 100% better than it use to be as before strike damage was never applied. That said its in the death magic line and its still not that good. But it seems to scale alright ish for what is both power and condi but dont expect anything too crazy its weak and it scales up but is still weak compared to other options you could take.

Yeah, you get far more bang for the buck from Corrupters fervor.

@"Stand The Wall.6987" said:seems like its too weak. I think the coefficient should be doubled.

If, and I say "if", it truly does 4k on full berserker gear with infusion, food and all, I think more damage/higher coefficients would hurt the game. After all, "rise!" and summon madness exist and make such numbers pretty threatening (if not OP) in optimal situations.

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@"Stand The Wall.6987" said:seems like its too weak. I think the coefficient should be doubled.

If, and I say "if", it truly does 4k on full berserker gear with infusion, food and all, I think more damage/higher coefficients would hurt the game. After all,
"rise!"
and
summon madness
exist and make such numbers pretty threatening (if not OP) in optimal situations.

that number is with max might vs a no armor opponent. right now the coefficient is 0.75, 25% higher then an axe auto. both of those skills are easy to kite. lol reckless dodge in warrior strength traitline is 1.5 and that's a dodge we're talking about.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:seems like its too weak. I think the coefficient should be doubled.

If, and I say "if", it truly does 4k on full berserker gear with infusion, food and all, I think more damage/higher coefficients would hurt the game. After all,
"rise!"
and
summon madness
exist and make such numbers pretty threatening (if not OP) in optimal situations.

that number is with max might vs a no armor opponent. right now the coefficient is 0.75, 25% higher then an axe auto. both of those skills are easy to kite. lol reckless dodge in warrior strength traitline is 1.5 and that's a dodge we're talking about.

That's already more than what you can expect from other necromancer's traits that proc damage. And I'm not sure comparing a dodge trait to this trait hold any value. If you want to compare warrior's dodge trait to necromancer's, I'll totally accept that you could be unhappy about how weak the necromancer's trait is compared to the warrior's.

The fact is that death nova is a proc on which the necromancer have little to no control which deal relatively good aoe damage with some poison stacks added. ANet already put an 8 second ICD on the necromancer's dodge trait whose proc is objectively weaker than death nova poison cloud proc, how could you even expect ANet to double it's damage? It wouldn't even surprise me if ANet were to arbitrarily nerf it instead.

@Dadnir.5038 said:

"rise!"
and
summon madness

You mean like mesmer phantoms that are broken? on a class that has stealth invuln evades and everything better than necro