warrior war crier build

rextren.3874

final fix:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKFFwEW6TZBMNGG7iZiH3kZrH-zRxYBRJ8E03WEBdhNGJAbQgHSdigElARoEs7DIgeL+tZB-e

of course, weapon's sigil is optional.

notes:

the editor it's outdated, some passives are necessessary to this build works, you can heal 3k per shout, surviving and help some friends.i don't test with condition damage+heal, but it's can be an idea with berserker spec.

i like this build, it's not meda and works. ty everyone who help me out.

In PvE you will run into issues with 1.7k toughness, unless you want to tank, or are running in a static/guild group which accomodates your high toughness. In which case it makes no difference cause statics and guild groups would/should be allowing players to play anything anyway.

So, this is a support warrior build for WvW?In which case, I am wondering why you felt the need to put in a snowcrows diss when all their builds are raid related and have nothing to do with WvW to begin with...

@"Cyninja.2954" said:In PvE you will run into issues with 1.7k toughness, unless you want to tank, or are running in a static/guild group which accomodates your high toughness. In which case it makes no difference cause statics and guild groups would/should be allowing players to play anything anyway.

So, this is a support warrior build for WvW?In which case, I am wondering why you felt the need to put in a snowcrows diss when all their builds are raid related and have nothing to do with WvW to begin with...

i'm testing a new build.. well, works better than with power. check this out.

final fix, condi version (it's just works)

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKFFcEGbWZBMNGG7iZil2kZrH-zR5YMRMAFFQUQVYBpMGJAbQguhVKFEB1VAJmAFHCGMA-e

@rextren.3874 said:

@"Cyninja.2954" said:In PvE you will run into issues with 1.7k toughness, unless you want to tank, or are running in a static/guild group which accomodates your high toughness. In which case it makes no difference cause statics and guild groups would/should be allowing players to play anything anyway.

Works for what? Open world?

I'm sorry, all I see is someone playing around with the build editor throwing together random elements.

What exatly is this build for? How was it tested? What goal or game mode does it serve?

Usually when people come up with builds, the process is as follows:

• a patch hits, traits/abilities/etc change
  • someone has an idea for a build which either fullfills an established role in one of the game modes unless the changes are so ground breaking that a new meta develops
  • they then come up with a build based on what it's supposed to fulfill in the established roles (no matter the game mode, all 3 have certain roles in the top tier play)
  • they then test the build in the respective game mode

Playing around and changing traits and gear in a build editor is NOT testing or developing a build (you actually need a goal for that). Testing is done in game to see how well the build performs for its desired purpose.

So, what exactly is your build for? The new condi-melee-wvw-support meta? Because that trainwreck sure won't work in pve (and given you use gear, nor is it designed for pvp).

@rextren.3874 said:

There are so many things wrong with this, i dont even know where to start.

I dont rly want to go deep into this, cyninja said it all basically in his/her followup post.

Just one question: Why are you running axe in a supposed to be condi build?

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:In PvE you will run into issues with 1.7k toughness, unless you want to tank, or are running in a static/guild group which accomodates your high toughness. In which case it makes no difference cause statics and guild groups would/should be allowing players to play anything anyway.

So, this is a support warrior build for WvW?So, what exactly is your build for? The new condi-melee-wvw-support meta? Because that trainwreck sure won't work in pve.i play alot wvw and i love my build now, 3k per shout, and grants lots of condi dmg.last fix bellow.

*about pve, hm... i can help my friends now in raids, so, i enjoy raids now.

@RedShark.9548 said:

There are so many things wrong with this, i dont even know where to start.Just one question: Why are you running axe in a supposed to be condi build?

it's not wrong be a non-meta.

axe for one skill, axe throw lmao.

last fix bellow.

@rextren.3874 said:

There are so many things wrong with this, i dont even know where to start.Just one question: Why are you running axe in a supposed to be condi build?

last fix bellow.

I think you misunderstand what people are saying. You can be non-meta as much as you want, in open world. You can be non-meta in raids and other content too, but your build has to be good and fit into the roles needed.

If you are non-meta in your personal friend group and they are willing to take you along on a non specialized build, that's great. The build is still useless for most game modes and most groups would boot you for bringing such a build in pve or wvw.

In WvW there is far better shout builds which currently perform to the warriors role and strength (damage berserker, boon pressure spellbreaker, crowd control). You won't be replacing any Firebrand, tempest or scrapper supports in organized WvW groups as support. Publics your just another mediocre tag along build, which is fine.

In raids you are taking a useful spot because you neither provide the boon support required from heal builds, nor will you outperform meta healers. Your base 500 condi are pretty much useless as damage and even more useless given you use no condition weapons. At least you managed to drop your toughness to a level where most PUG chronos will be above as to not mess with their tanking.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:In PvE you will run into issues with 1.7k toughness, unless you want to tank, or are running in a static/guild group which accomodates your high toughness. In which case it makes no difference cause statics and guild groups would/should be allowing players to play anything anyway.

last fix bellow.

The build is still useless for most game modes and most groups would boot you for bringing such a build in pve or wvw.

thank you for your report, but i'll continue to play with my lovely build.

i'm really like this build.

that last answer make me down this post,stoping sharing my experience with this... "community " ... i can feel the poison of meta players (gw2 still have a toxic community).

that's gw2, you need to seek what you want, because no1 will help you. (just the true friends).

@"rextren.3874" said:that last answer make me down this post,stoping sharing my experience with this... "community " ... i can feel the poison of meta players (gw2 still have a toxic community).

that's gw2, you need to seek what you want, because no1 will help you. (just the true friends).

I think you are taking the wrong message here. There are indeed several way to do several different roles/tasks, but being upfront with the purpose of you build at the first post would have helped people better critique and advise on what you were trying to accomplish.

Looking at your last iteration it seems you settled mostly on a single gear choice (this was part of what was throwing some people for a loop). Its more clear now that you are going for hybrid DPS with healing. That's cool. Sword/sword is hybrid DPS anyway and looking to get more mileage out of the healing on Shrug It Off and Vigorous Shouts is useful.

You may find taking King of Flames or Bloody Roar will help your damage if you find that it is too low. Try Sword/Horn + Longbow, or Sword/Horn + Sword/Torch for some more variety.

• 5 months later...

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@"rextren.3874" said:that last answer make me down this post,stoping sharing my experience with this...
"community "
... i can feel the poison of meta players
(gw2 still have a toxic community).

that's gw2, you need to seek what you want, because no1 will help you.
(just the true friends).

I think you are taking the wrong message here. There are indeed several way to do several different roles/tasks, but being upfront with the purpose of you build at the first post would have helped people better critique and advise on what you were trying to accomplish.

Looking at your last iteration it seems you settled mostly on a single gear choice (this was part of what was throwing some people for a loop). Its more clear now that you are going for hybrid DPS with healing. That's cool. Sword/sword is hybrid DPS anyway and looking to get more mileage out of the healing on Shrug It Off and Vigorous Shouts is useful.

You
may
find taking King of Flames or Bloody Roar will help your damage if you find that it is too low. Try Sword/Horn + Longbow, or Sword/Horn + Sword/Torch for some more variety.

testing after offline days...