Headless Helm? and capes

EMPI.4013

I was just thinking is it possible to have a headless helm as an upcoming Halloween item? I dont know if its impossible to code or if it is simple. I just think it would be fun to have a headless norn or charr running around.Also a topic that has been discussed many times, could we get capes, I honestly think the technology is there. We can see it in many of the back items already.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:I could only see them doing that as an outfit then. That’s also assuming that it’s actually possible to hide part of the player model without breaking things. It may work if made as a combat tonic or some transform tonic since I believe those use a different model.

There's outfits that reshape the legs, and make parts of the torso and arms missing. I think it would be possible for an outfit to make the head disappear, too.

I mean, the head would still be there, and likely show up if you turn the head part of the outfit off, but it would just not display anything. Well, nothing save for some kind of cover for the neck hole. And it would look REALLY odd on charr.

I imagine the "neck hole" would just be a black void. Might be too gruesome for most people's taste otherwise. The combat tonic idea is good except we wouldn't be able to be on a mount headless which would be a disappointment for me. This would be a great helmet skin for halloween this year. I hope it happens but not holding my breath.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:I could only see them doing that as an outfit then. That’s also assuming that it’s actually possible to hide part of the player model without breaking things. It may work if made as a combat tonic or some transform tonic since I believe those use a different model.

I rather this be a combat Tonic.

And its totally possible as we seen with the Pirate leg which can totally replace the leg of the character with a stick.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:Please see all of the other threads on capes for that discussion. The forums search function is quite helpful in that regard.

Nah, because if it's a week old someone will scold for necro-ing. Everything is mouse wheel.

Point being that this has already been discussed so if one were to use the search function and read the old threads they would have the answer and not need to necro anything.

@kharmin.7683 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:Please see all of the other threads on capes for that discussion. The forums search function is quite helpful in that regard.

Nah, because if it's a week old someone will scold for necro-ing. Everything is mouse wheel.

Point being that this has already been discussed so if one were to use the search function and read the old threads they would have the answer and not need to necro anything.

Maybe they did search, and didn't find what they wanted.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

With all of the previous threads on the topic, I find this really hard to believe. The capes question has been resolved in more than one thread.

@kharmin.7683 said:

With all of the previous threads on the topic, I find this really hard to believe. The capes question has been resolved in more than one thread.

Well, then you didn't read anything but the title.

Because that is exactly what they said.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

Thanks for assuming that you knew what I did. Wrong. I did read it. Specifically this part...

@ErikTheTyrant.4527 said:Also a topic that has been discussed many times, could we get capes, I honestly think the technology is there. We can see it in many of the back items already.

Which, had the OP actually read the many threads on capes, then he/she would know that the technology is NOT there as it has been stated many times in those very threads.

Which is why I replied:

@kharmin.7683 said:

Thanks for assuming that you knew what I did. Wrong. I did read it. Specifically this part...

@ErikTheTyrant.4527 said:Also a topic that has been discussed many times, could we get capes, I honestly think the technology is there. We can see it in many of the back items already.

Which, had the OP actually read the many threads on capes, then he/she would know that the technology is NOT there as it has been stated many times in those very threads.

Which is why I replied:

It really doesn't look like you read it to me.

They made a valid point why they do believe the tech is there. (I'm inclined to agree that there is now)

Which means they did not find the answer they were looking for.

Which means it's okay for them to post about it.

But, no. Again, it has been said in previous threads that the tech is not there. Even if they believed that it was, reading previous threads would show that it is not. But whatever. I'm not going to continue to argue with you as doing so is getting neither of us anywhere.

@kharmin.7683 said:Even if they believed that it was, reading previous threads would show that it is not.

WAS not. Just as they once said the tech for sitting in chairs was not there. We've seen some interesting back items since then, including one that at least comes close to being a cape. It's not unreasonable to keep the request on their radar. They may at some point solve the problems, even if it's for something unrelated.