Reducing the server jumping

Latintiger.6024

It is sickening seeing servers go in total disarray, unbalanced, targeted etc.. I was thinking maybe the transfer fee should remain the same throughout but if you transfer the eligibility of skirmish rewards should be 1 month waiting period unless you pay extra gems with real money then it will be a 2 week waiting period. People that have the free transfers already unused would not be affected by this. This will limit the guilds for hire and the unbalanced population that happens at a moments notice.

Dunno, I think if anything will be done, they will instead make a server portal stone for gemstore. And then they can decide to further monetize it in a way to "save charges" so it gets 1 free transfer for every 10 charges you put into the stone. Of course each charge will cost some gems.

I shouldn't give them these nasty ideas :P

doesn't matter what gem store sells, need players in game to buy.transfers only affect wvw, then lose pips for a week after, why would I pay to lose rewards?I don't server transfer as $20 for automated transfer is 5x too much, easier to play something else awhile.why are we selecting a server to ally with when we could also have the option to choose what server to fight, and each week we'd follow that server to their match but be paired with the weaker or less populated of their 2 opponents.

Server transfers should work like gold to gems, somebody transfers from server a to server b, transfers to server a get a little more expensive, transfers to b get a little cheaper. This would update immediately with each transferring player just like gems to gkld and vice versa, immediately curbing mass exodus culture and potentially evening server playerbases

I think the vast majority of people don't care about rewards; wouldn't matter if they had to wait 6 months. A better option would be to stick a debuff on them that slowly lifted over a 4 week period. Getting sick of your server, so you want to transfer off in an attempt to farm pugs for bags (because that is mainly what this is about, no interest in actual competition), fine, you have a 40% reduction to all your stats. 40% reduction in health, damage, defense, mobility, all of it. Every week, it'd reduced 10% until on your 4th week you're squared away and on even grounds again. That and you force them into playing as well, as another ticking debuff that lasts say 10hrs, that forces someone to be in WvW for at least 10 hours each week to ensure the debuff reduces the following week.

Basically the pug farmers are going to become the pug "farmees" for 4 weeks. But of course, if someone really wanted to swap servers to say.. play with their friends or guildies, this wouldn't be an issue at all..

@LetoII.3782 said:

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:lol, anyone can grind their transfer fee via farming in a few days. I highly doubt transfers equate to any worthwhile profit.

Gems are only available for dollars.If you buy some with gold, someone else paid you to gold farm for them.. With gems they bought with dollars.

uh, what the hell am I reading? first you contradict yourself, then ignore the fact that you can farm for yourself for free, then state a falsehood that you can only pay someone with gems for farmed gold?

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:lol, anyone can grind their transfer fee via farming in a few days. I highly doubt transfers equate to any worthwhile profit.

Gems are only available for dollars.If you buy some with gold, someone else paid you to gold farm for them.. With gems they bought with dollars.

uh, what the hell am I reading? first you contradict yourself, then ignore the fact that you can farm for yourself
for free
, then state a falsehood that you can only pay someone with gems for farmed gold?

Every gem in the game was purchased with real money.Is that simplified enough for you?

@LetoII.3782 said:

Every gem in the game was purchased with real money.Is that simplified enough for you?

There is something called Currency Exchange where you convert gems to gold and gold to gems. This means you can convert YOUR gold to gems for YOU, if you are considering in game gold as real money I guess you made sense but it's not real money :P

@Dinas Dragonbane.2978 said:

There is something called Currency Exchange where you convert gems to gold and gold to gems. This means you can convert YOUR gold to gems for YOU, if you are considering in game gold as real money I guess you made sense but it's not real money :P

The gems in the currency exchange are from players who first buy them with real money. They then (indirectly) sell these gems to players who have gold and want gems through the gem and gold pools in the currency exchange.

It works like thisPlayer A wants to buy gold. He buys gems with real money then puts the gems in the gem pool and pulls gold out of the gold pool.Player B wants to buy gems. He puts gold in the gold pool and pulls gems out of the gem pool.

This way ANet gets paid with real money for gems first traded in the currency exchange and since gold bought by the gem sellers isn’t created out of thin air it doesn’t inflate the economy. It also provides an approved way for players to buy gold which decreases buying from gold sellers. In addition, it’s self balancing as expensive currency exchange gems encourages real money gems purchases to buy gold and cheap gems encourages selling gold to buy gems.

When I came up with this crazy idea it was to deter a sudden imbalance in which in the past has disrupted the linking. This is more a type of penalty for the massive movement of population. Yes it can be a money sink for Anet but I also want for the guilds to pay an extra price if they want their rewards. No wants to log into a sudden surge of people across the way from you and the ones that pay are the ones on the receiving end without any notice or warning. My feeling is if you want to reap the rewards for making things unfair and unbalanced then you should also pay the price for the benefits. If you cant pay and still want to jump then you will pay by not getting any rewards for a month.