As title says, after year, 4x 80 lvls near full masteries etc i want to start learn one spec for raiding. And before it start - I'm asking for third opinion, beacuse I can't decide by myself what spec i like most. I played all possible combinations already, at least in pvp and i love some aspect in almost all specializations. Also all specializations have plaring issue, which makes them even ground for me. So please, give me some suggestions, which spec will be suiting my needs. I really appreciate any suggestions.
Now for some details:
1. Quite straigthforward or non-existing rotation.: I'm coming mainy from wow, where pressing 7 buttons in rotation was called hard rotation. 46 button sequences seem overwhelming to me. That's why I'd prefer to start slow, so i could focus more on making boss tactics my second nature instead of following my buttons mid fight.
2. Generally accepted build: While i have one guild, i'm not sure how often I'll be raiding with them, that why i expect, that I'll be learining boss mechanics with pug training groups. Tha't why i prefer to run character, which can join these groups without question instead of off meta builds.
3. I need spec, which give me some room for mistakes.
4. I won't be playing Elementalist, Tempest or Weaver. Ever.
1. While i don't mind playing supports/tanks (in fact, I always main healers/supports in other mmo) i'd prefer to start as dps, as this role carries less responsibilities, so if i fail horribly, i won't be dragging anyone with me.
2. If possible, I'd like to start with class with multiple viable builds, so I could switch build mid raid if that's necessary instead of switching whole character. Also i think, that transition from easier to harder build while playing same character will be easier than learning new char from scratch.
3. I'd like to be able to fight at range, if boss forces group to disengage, so ranged weapon as baseline part of rotation will be nice.