What are your thoughts about the incoming nerfs to the Longbow Auto?

anduriell.6280

@Dragonzhunter.8506 said:

@CutesySylveon.8290 said:The amount of animosity coming from some of these ranger mains is ridiculous, as well as some of the doom and gloom statements. The best one had to be calling LB on ranger a bad weapon. You’re really naive if you believe that.

I only use shortbow, longbow is useless and far too slow.

I think I already mentioned that the weapon is not slow in any way shape or form. Rev hammer is slow, necro staff AA is slow. LB for ranger is not slow. Period.

Edit: that was another thread. Let’s look at the weapon then.

AA is faster than Necro and rev, slower than a sb but with nearly twice the range, boo hoo if you believe that slow. It does more than REVENANT AA levels of damage when stacked with buffs, which is ridiculous. Rev hammer AA is ridiculous but at least it’s dumb slow.

2 skill needs no explanation. It’s always been good.

3 skill gives you stealth, meaning you have potential disegage and the ability to reposition for bettter kiting.

4 skill ignores LoS, so you can shoot it inside anything you see while covering a respectable area and slowing people down.

5 skill is a super fast CC that gets stronger the closer you are to someone, giving you better potential to keep someone away from you and kite. It also pairs good with traits like Ancient Seeds and Rapid Fire to lock people down and pew pew to death.

If you really believe this weapon is bad, you’re either lying or just really ignorant.

I'm offended, why did you switch skill 4 and 5?

Because they don’t know what they are talking about.

Me forgetting a skill order has nothing to do with what I said. Can you refute any of it?

I’m not saying it lacks utility, but damage wise, it is certainly not the best, especially when it needs to be traited to pierce multiple targets which is baseline for a lot of other weapons with 1200 range. The 600 or so range different in autoattacks can be easily negated by the numerous gap closers, invuns, and reflect. In wvw mounts with 3 evades makes having 1800 range and damage scaling with distance as near useless since longbow rangers are already fighting at close range with damage weaker than a wet noodle damage and with the recent nerfs to melee weapons, it’s just that much harder to fight other classes that are better suited for melee combat.

It’s the single longest reaching range weapon besides rifle thief but they have to be stationary to get that range. The damage on it is ridiculous as it is and gets bonkers with buffs from soulbeast. Like I already said, the weapon has numerous ways of helping you kite or straight up push people off of you. It has everything it needs to be a functional range weapon. Compare it to something like Hammer Revenant, which is possibly the WORST range weapon that has only one redeeming factor; damage.

AA is slow, CoR is busted and holds the weapon up more than anything. Phase Smash breaks the game and doesn’t even work properly half the time. The projectile block is good, but Drop The Hammer is probably the SLOWEST non channeling weapon skill in the game. There’s no way to kite or escape with hammer, you have to hope you kill someone with raw damage, but the skills are so ridiculously slow you have little chance to. Compare any of this to LB ranger and tell me LB is a bad weapon again.

Do you even play ranger? Because you seem like you think longbow counters everything with having a long range auto when it doesn’t due to oh idk, every gap closer ever, mounts and every skill that provides stability and oh reveal which counters stealth. On paper it looks great, but in game when playing against other classes that have any amount of the above skills, then you are put on the back foot with having a low damage close range auto or you switch to melee, which again was also nerfed.

With its range and dps even when enemy uses gap closers u can push back rapid fire and good chance down them and if they have block or stability up u at least have a significant chunk of their hp gone and slb/ranger is also very good at melee so.

Sure, it can happen if they run up to you on foot, but in wvw with mounts, having longer ranged autos doesn’t help since mounts can dodge 3 times right up to your face and even if you pbs them, they are close enough to engage with their autos and other skills and at this range ranger auto attack is on the low side of things.

Lb has good melee range options like push back rapid combo or invis switch to gs and maul etc. Dont forget ranger esp slb is great melee fighter. Ur acting as if slb is garbage in melee and once they reach u ur dead meat and that should not be the case. Slb is amazing at range AND melee

LB is trash for medium and close combat. That's why they should keep AA damage like it was before. You don't nerf a weapon for it is range, just because in melee you can use another one. Period. You must take in consideration the medium and melee damage that weapon does too. If you decrease range damage, balance the medium and close damage.Now with the nerf of GS too, the combo LB+GS get a big,biG,bIG, BIG nerf. Practically they diminished the range damage and also the medium/melee combat and sustainability for LB+GS build. I don't know any other class who get nerf on 2 weapons of a build.

I understand lb is beat at range but it can be useful medium range due to the skills I mentioned which is better than not at all. The fact that it's designed to be a ranged weapon dies not mean it should do the same damage at 1800+ range as a melee weapon due to the fact it's free dps that can be dealt far out of other classes range putting the ranger at a far safer position. Things like that have to be considered so we don't have low skilled players not needing to improve with the class due to being able to just run around and pew pew pew pew other classes to death from out of range and would make +1 super easy not that it's not really easy to +1 with lb now lol

LB is not a support weapon as Sword, Warhorn or Dagger. It was designed to be a damage weapon. That's why LB shined at range and paled at medium/close distance. That's why for medium/close combat was given to us Axe, GS, Shortbow (well this last weapon it is still somewhere to nowhere). The fact they nerfed LB range damage, the only 1500 Ranger weapon and also they nerfed the GS weapon (which was the best solution combined with LB) they made Ranger not a ranger class anymore. LB AA was the last weapon to chase Thieves and Mesmers. Now, they took the only range weapon who could compete with Thiefs one of the Ranger's biggest enemy.The Ranger is not the only class who can pew pew other class from distance, thieves can, a warrior with rifle can. Remember that many classes now can diminish in 1 sec the distance between a LB Ranger and them. It is not like LB is ultimate weapon. LB is good when you are starting the fight first, othwerise you can't do much vs many classes. This was the spot where GS cames. Medium/Close combat. But now they nerfed them both.

Non can pew pew from the range of ranger. It doesn't matter if lb is support or dps at the range that lb has it would be incredibly broken to have the dps of a melee attack. Due to the range and effectiveness of dps at that range especially with skills like rapid fire other than bias I really can't see how someone could actually think that a ranged weapon such as lb should match the dps of a melee weapon, its absurd. DE being a spec I dislike very much at least is glass if u catch it where as ranger especially slb or druid can be very sustainable and can duel with the best of em (slb). DE has less range, rifle I'd say is a lesser weapon and u have to depend on stealth and surprise or its garbage for most, totally different playstyle as the rest are to.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:At the safety and convenience of 1800+ range seems fair to meTo be fair, this game has more projectile mitigation and quick gap closing than any other I've played. Single target line-based projectiles on any profession at any range just doesn't strike me as all that advantageous anymore, outside of catching people off guard (which many close range builds are also capable of doing). Core ranger longbow damage isn't stellar either, so I don't find it a broken.

(Also, few people roam on Druid these days and even fewer die to them.)

~ Kovu

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@CutesySylveon.8290 said:The amount of animosity coming from some of these ranger mains is ridiculous, as well as some of the doom and gloom statements. The best one had to be calling LB on ranger a bad weapon. You’re really naive if you believe that.

I think I already mentioned that the weapon is not slow in any way shape or form. Rev hammer is slow, necro staff AA is slow. LB for ranger is not slow. Period.

AA is faster than Necro and rev, slower than a sb but with nearly twice the range, boo hoo if you believe that slow. It does more than REVENANT AA levels of damage when stacked with buffs, which is ridiculous. Rev hammer AA is ridiculous but at least it’s dumb slow.

3 skill gives you stealth, meaning you have potential disegage and the ability to reposition for bettter kiting.

4 skill ignores LoS, so you can shoot it inside anything you see while covering a respectable area and slowing people down.

5 skill is a super fast CC that gets stronger the closer you are to someone, giving you better potential to keep someone away from you and kite. It also pairs good with traits like Ancient Seeds and Rapid Fire to lock people down and pew pew to death.

If you really believe this weapon is bad, you’re either lying or just really ignorant.

Me forgetting a skill order has nothing to do with what I said. Can you refute any of it?

I’m not saying it lacks utility, but damage wise, it is certainly not the best, especially when it needs to be traited to pierce multiple targets which is baseline for a lot of other weapons with 1200 range. The 600 or so range different in autoattacks can be easily negated by the numerous gap closers, invuns, and reflect. In wvw mounts with 3 evades makes having 1800 range and damage scaling with distance as near useless since longbow rangers are already fighting at close range with damage weaker than a wet noodle damage and with the recent nerfs to melee weapons, it’s just that much harder to fight other classes that are better suited for melee combat.

It’s the single longest reaching range weapon besides rifle thief but they have to be stationary to get that range. The damage on it is ridiculous as it is and gets bonkers with buffs from soulbeast. Like I already said, the weapon has numerous ways of helping you kite or straight up push people off of you. It has everything it needs to be a functional range weapon. Compare it to something like Hammer Revenant, which is possibly the WORST range weapon that has only one redeeming factor; damage.

AA is slow, CoR is busted and holds the weapon up more than anything. Phase Smash breaks the game and doesn’t even work properly half the time. The projectile block is good, but Drop The Hammer is probably the SLOWEST non channeling weapon skill in the game. There’s no way to kite or escape with hammer, you have to hope you kill someone with raw damage, but the skills are so ridiculously slow you have little chance to. Compare any of this to LB ranger and tell me LB is a bad weapon again.

Do you even play ranger? Because you seem like you think longbow counters everything with having a long range auto when it doesn’t due to oh idk, every gap closer ever, mounts and every skill that provides stability and oh reveal which counters stealth. On paper it looks great, but in game when playing against other classes that have any amount of the above skills, then you are put on the back foot with having a low damage close range auto or you switch to melee, which again was also nerfed.

With its range and dps even when enemy uses gap closers u can push back rapid fire and good chance down them and if they have block or stability up u at least have a significant chunk of their hp gone and slb/ranger is also very good at melee so.

Sure, it can happen if they run up to you on foot, but in wvw with mounts, having longer ranged autos doesn’t help since mounts can dodge 3 times right up to your face and even if you pbs them, they are close enough to engage with their autos and other skills and at this range ranger auto attack is on the low side of things.

Do you spend every waking moment in a fight immobilized?? You are aware you’re not supposed to stand still and hope you can burst someone to death before they reach you? You’re supposed to reposition and play around with terrain and other skills, like the stealth ability on LB itself. If someone has endless gap closers, reveals, etc etc, congratulations that’s called being countered, and every build has some counter. LB has all the tools it needs to be effective and they work in good conjunction with one another. If YOU can’t make them work, that’s a YOU problem.

Of course not and while I’m doing that, enemies are using their skills and abilities to counter what I’m doing, as is what happens in a fight which is what you seem to ignore when talking about how great the long bow is and how ridiculous the damage is, when in fact it’s not. The weapon has good utility, but that’s pretty much is.> @Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Lb has good melee range options like push back rapid combo or invis switch to gs and maul etc. Dont forget ranger esp slb is great melee fighter. Ur acting as if slb is garbage in melee and once they reach u ur dead meat and that should not be the case. Slb is amazing at range AND melee

No I’m not, I’m saying it’s not as suited for melee combat as other classes especially with the nerfs gs/sword just received.> @Psycoprophet.8107 said:

LB is trash for medium and close combat. That's why they should keep AA damage like it was before. You don't nerf a weapon for it is range, just because in melee you can use another one. Period. You must take in consideration the medium and melee damage that weapon does too. If you decrease range damage, balance the medium and close damage.Now with the nerf of GS too, the combo LB+GS get a big,biG,bIG, BIG nerf. Practically they diminished the range damage and also the medium/melee combat and sustainability for LB+GS build. I don't know any other class who get nerf on 2 weapons of a build.

I understand lb is beat at range but it can be useful medium range due to the skills I mentioned which is better than not at all. The fact that it's designed to be a ranged weapon dies not mean it should do the same damage at 1800+ range as a melee weapon due to the fact it's free dps that can be dealt far out of other classes range putting the ranger at a far safer position. Things like that have to be considered so we don't have low skilled players not needing to improve with the class due to being able to just run around and pew pew pew pew other classes to death from out of range and would make +1 super easy not that it's not really easy to +1 with lb now lol

If all weapons had the same attack speed, then yes, longbow doing the same damage than melee weapons would be massively overpowered, but melee weapons have a higher attack speed, thus dps is a lot higher with melee weapons than it is with a longbow attacking at 1800 range.

Um lb auto attack pretty fast and rapid fires CD isnt very long imo

1 shot per second compared to melee autoattacks ranging between 1/4 to 1/2 seconds hits

At the safety and convenience of 1800+ range seems fair to me

Right, so it’s fair damage at 1800 range, yet we have people calling it “ridiculous” damage.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

LB is not a support weapon as Sword, Warhorn or Dagger. It was designed to be a damage weapon. That's why LB shined at range and paled at medium/close distance. That's why for medium/close combat was given to us Axe, GS, Shortbow (well this last weapon it is still somewhere to nowhere). The fact they nerfed LB range damage, the only 1500 Ranger weapon and also they nerfed the GS weapon (which was the best solution combined with LB) they made Ranger not a ranger class anymore. LB AA was the last weapon to chase Thieves and Mesmers. Now, they took the only range weapon who could compete with Thiefs one of the Ranger's biggest enemy.The Ranger is not the only class who can pew pew other class from distance, thieves can, a warrior with rifle can. Remember that many classes now can diminish in 1 sec the distance between a LB Ranger and them. It is not like LB is ultimate weapon. LB is good when you are starting the fight first, othwerise you can't do much vs many classes. This was the spot where GS cames. Medium/Close combat. But now they nerfed them both.

Non can pew pew from the range of ranger. It doesn't matter if lb is support or dps at the range that lb has it would be incredibly broken to have the dps of a melee attack. Due to the range and effectiveness of dps at that range especially with skills like rapid fire other than bias I really can't see how someone could actually think that a ranged weapon such as lb should match the dps of a melee weapon, its absurd. DE being a spec I dislike very much at least is glass if u catch it where as ranger especially slb or druid can be very sustainable and can duel with the best of em (slb). DE has less range, rifle I'd say is a lesser weapon and u have to depend on stealth and surprise or its garbage for most, totally different playstyle as the rest are to.

Are you joking, right? In a fight 1 vs 1 , Ranger vs Thief, both glass cannon, the Ranger will be melted. AA of LB on Ranger is powerful when you play glass cannon or full marauder. Otherwise, the damage is not so huge as ppl are saying.Or in a reality, when you want to campare 2 classes with range weapon, as you said Deadeye and Soulbeast, you should compare them keep in mind that both should have the same gear. Or with the same gear (glass cannon in this case), Ranger has almost zero chances to survivability.Guys, you should compare and talk about things , regarding the real combat/fight , not only theoretically.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:At the safety and convenience of 1800+ range seems fair to me

1. When many classes now just teleport to you in 1 sec, I can't call 1500-1800 a safety range
  2. below 600 LB became trash ...

Obviously you don't know to compare apple with apple. You want a long-range weapon to have less damage than a melee range weapon, and at the same time that long-range weapon should do less damage in medium/melee range too. May I ask you, why in the name of God, should we use such a weapon? Before you answer me, remember that these days the distance between a Ranger and his opponent (Thief, Necro, Elementalist, Warrior, DH, Revenant) means nothing, due to the skills all these class have them they could be almos instant near Ranger, in that 0-600 range zone. Also, arrows are more predictable than any other spells.

Are you joking, right? In a fight 1 vs 1 , Ranger vs Thief, both glass cannon, the Ranger will be melted. AA of LB on Ranger is powerful when you play glass cannon or full marauder. Otherwise, the damage is not so huge as ppl are saying.Or in a reality, when you want to campare 2 classes with range weapon, as you said Deadeye and Soulbeast, you should compare them keep in mind that both should have the same gear. Or with the same gear (glass cannon in this case), Ranger has almost zero chances to survivability.Guys, you should compare and talk about things , regarding the real combat/fight , not only theoretically.

Lmao yeah thief destroys slb in 1v1, definitely far better duelers.

@Abyssisis.3971 said:

Do you spend every waking moment in a fight immobilized?? You are aware you’re not supposed to stand still and hope you can burst someone to death before they reach you? You’re supposed to reposition and play around with terrain and other skills, like the stealth ability on LB itself. If someone has endless gap closers, reveals, etc etc, congratulations that’s called being countered, and every build has some counter. LB has all the tools it needs to be effective and they work in good conjunction with one another. If YOU can’t make them work, that’s a YOU problem.

Of course not and while I’m doing that, enemies are using their skills and abilities to counter what I’m doing, as is what happens in a fight which is what you seem to ignore when talking about how great the long bow is and how ridiculous the damage is, when in fact it’s not. The weapon has good utility, but that’s pretty much is.> @Psycoprophet.8107 said:

No I’m not, I’m saying it’s not as suited for melee combat as other classes especially with the nerfs gs/sword just received.> @Psycoprophet.8107 said:

If all weapons had the same attack speed, then yes, longbow doing the same damage than melee weapons would be massively overpowered, but melee weapons have a higher attack speed, thus dps is a lot higher with melee weapons than it is with a longbow attacking at 1800 range.

1 shot per second compared to melee autoattacks ranging between 1/4 to 1/2 seconds hits

Right, so it’s fair damage at 1800 range, yet we have people calling it “ridiculous” damage.

When I can get hit with 6-8k AA’s, it’s a bit ridiculous. Anets methods of stopping that aren’t usually in the right areas, but no class should ever hit that hard with an AA for any reason, ever. Before anyone starts crying that it’s SLB doing that, even without the e spec you can get upwards of 2-3k per shot with might stacked. Everyone agrees Revenant’s AA damage is busted, including me as a Revenant main, and it’s no different here. And to everyone whining about gap closers, you remember you have gap widening skills and kiting abilities? Against a Thief or Revenant in Shiro, you’re not wrong about endless gap closers, but you aren’t gonna get the same issue to anywhere near the same extent from other classes.

“Buff my class and nerf everyone else.”

@CutesySylveon.8290 said:

When I can get hit with 6-8k AA’s, it’s a bit ridiculous. Anets methods of stopping that aren’t usually in the right areas, but no class should ever hit that hard with an AA for any reason, ever. Before anyone starts crying that it’s SLB doing that, even without the e spec you can get upwards of 2-3k per shot with might stacked. Everyone agrees Revenant’s AA damage is busted, including me as a Revenant main, and it’s no different here. And to everyone whining about gap closers, you remember you have gap widening skills and kiting abilities? Against a Thief or Revenant in Shiro, you’re not wrong about endless gap closers, but you aren’t gonna get the same issue to anywhere near the same extent from other classes.

If you are Revenant main, what are you doing here? Please go on Revenant forum, and yell there to nerf Revenant because his damage it is too higher.God, ppl these days ...

If you are Revenant main, what are you doing here? Please go on Revenant forum, and yell there to nerf Revenant because his damage it is too higher.God, ppl these days ...

Way to miss the point, and try to tell me I or other people that we can’t have an opinion on Ranger because it’s not our main glass. News flash: We play other classes too.

Take your gatekeeping somewhere else, like the trash can.

Stop playing glass cannon if you don’t want to get hit that hard.

Way to miss the point, and try to tell me I or other people that we can’t have an opinion on Ranger because it’s not our main glass. News flash: We play other classes too.

Ofc you can have an opinion, and you can share it with everybody. Still in my opinion (if we share the opinions) someone who agree his main class is OP, but he didn't start a thread to nerf that class, instead he is coming to another class forum thread and is saying that this one should be nerfed because it is too OP, well, I can say that this kind of person doesn't deserve my respect or Rangers respect. Because this kind of person is sneaky ... you got it? I am wondering, why all classes haters are not starting thread about how to nerf the class they want to be nerfed on their main class forum. Why they are looking always to go to neighbour court and bespattered with mud. Guys (the haters) you are so low ppl ? You don't have honor, respect? Almost 99% of people who are coming on Ranger forum to yell for a ranger nerf, don't have nothing in common with this class. Oh yes, everybody is saying I play ranger too ... lol, having all classes and playing with them, doesn't mean you really know what all those comunities classes want or need.99% when someone is starting a thread on Ranger forum, you will see those ppl who are playing other classes as main, who started to complain about how OP is Ranger, Druid etc. They have no shame, and I am thinking they are the same in real life too.

Have a good day, @CutesySylveon.8290 !

PS: I think you are very happy about how bad the Druid was nerfed too, right?

I think that after this update people who complain about the LB ranger will continue to die because the problem is not the profession.What angers me is seeing other professions get reworked and instead the ranger sees nothing new from these nerf.

@knite.1542 said:I am interested to see what the next round of ranger nerfs will be. Hopefully they hit boonbeast next.

The only thing they haven't touched on yet is beastmode, I think an increase of beastmode cd would decree the end of slb.

Ofc you can have an opinion, and you can share it with everybody. Still in my opinion (if we share the opinions) someone who agree his main class is OP, but he didn't start a thread to nerf that class, instead he is coming to another class forum thread and is saying that this one should be nerfed because it is too OP, well, I can say that this kind of person doesn't deserve my respect or Rangers respect. Because this kind of person is sneaky ... you got it? I am wondering, why all classes haters are not starting thread about how to nerf the class they want to be nerfed on their main class forum. Why they are looking always to go to neighbour court and bespattered with mud. Guys (the haters) you are so low ppl ? You don't have honor, respect? Almost 99% of people who are coming on Ranger forum to yell for a ranger nerf, don't have nothing in common with this class. Oh yes, everybody is saying I play ranger too ... lol, having all classes and playing with them, doesn't mean you really know what all those comunities classes want or need.99% when someone is starting a thread on Ranger forum, you will see those ppl who are playing other classes as main, who started to complain about how OP is Ranger, Druid etc. They have no shame, and I am thinking they are the same in real life too.

Once again, you miss the point. Either you’re being willfully ignorant and ignoring it, making YOU the sneaky person you accused me of, or you’re just not that bright.

Pointing out problems both classes face, even if the issues are 100% the same, is just being realistic. Rangers, obligatory not all rangers, seem to think everyone is out to get them and only want to nerf their favorite class. Newslfash, every sweaty main thinks that even when a justified nerf happens. Sound familiar?

Balance is a game problem, not a ranger only problem. If you can’t look at your main class and be honest about what needs changing, especially what might be overtuned, then YOU’RE the dishonest, dishonorable person and you’re just projecting.

And no, I’m not happy Druid was nerfed into oblivion. I want to see as many builds and specs viable as possible.

Once again, you miss the point. Either you’re being willfully ignorant and ignoring it, making YOU the sneaky person you accused me of, or you’re just not that bright.

Pointing out problems both classes face, even if the issues are 100% the same, is just being realistic. Rangers, obligatory not all rangers, seem to think everyone is out to get them and only want to nerf their favorite class. Newslfash, every sweaty main thinks that even when a justified nerf happens. Sound familiar?

Balance is a game problem, not a ranger only problem. If you can’t look at your main class and be honest about what needs changing, especially what might be overtuned, then YOU’RE the dishonest, dishonorable person and you’re just projecting.

And no, I’m not happy Druid was nerfed into oblivion. I want to see as many builds and specs viable as possible.

I am asking you again, did you make a thread on the Revenant forum about nerfing that class?Nerfing Ranger in so many ways is not a balance. The only, again the ONLY specialty we can play properly in sPVP and WvW is Soulbeast. When you nerf the only specialty without buffing in some way the other 2 (core ranger or druid) then we can't talk about balance. Another thing, we got nerf for things which no one complained before, why? because no one considered was something OP. Ranger wasn't OP at all, other classes won this title. But yes, for roaming and duelling, Ranger was one of the best-balanced class.Another question, because it seems you are ignorant, if Anet nerfed Longbow and Greatsword, and it is known that Rangers are good in WvW only for duelling and roaming, what Anet give back for Ranger could join a zerk for example? Nothing .... oh, sorry, I forgot, they give us a buff for a dagger, maybe it will work in WvW raids and they changed sword skills/animation, a really buff for Ranger so they can join the raids now.

Pointing out problems both classes face, even if the issues are 100% the same, is just being realistic. Rangers, obligatory not all rangers, seem to think everyone is out to get them and only want to nerf their favourite class. Newslfash, every sweaty main thinks that even when a justified nerf happens. Sound familiar?

Don't talk garbage ... I am a Ranger and I didn't go to other forum classes to complain about x,y,z. I didn't go to another forum class to say "YES, the x skill must be nerfed because it is too OP". Usually, Rangers are talking on Ranger forum, and they are trying to find solutions, build to improve this class, not to send it to oblivion.

And again, if you are so realistic person, did you or you didn't make a thread about nerfing Revenant?

I am asking you again, did you make a thread on the Revenant forum about nerfing that class?Nerfing Ranger in so many ways is not a balance. The only, again the ONLY specialty we can play properly in sPVP and WvW is Soulbeast. When you nerf the only specialty without buffing in some way the other 2 (core ranger or druid) then we can't talk about balance. Another thing, we got nerf for things which no one complained before, why? because no one considered was something OP. Ranger wasn't OP at all, other classes won this title. But yes, for roaming and duelling, Ranger was one of the best-balanced class.Another question, because it seems you are ignorant, if Anet nerfed Longbow and Greatsword, and it is known that Rangers are good in WvW only for duelling and roaming, what Anet give back for Ranger could join a zerk for example? Nothing .... oh, sorry, I forgot, they give us a buff for a dagger, maybe it will work in WvW raids and they changed sword skills/animation, a really buff for Ranger so they can join the raids now.

Pointing out problems both classes face, even if the issues are 100% the same, is just being realistic. Rangers, obligatory not all rangers, seem to think everyone is out to get them and only want to nerf their favourite class. Newslfash, every sweaty main thinks that even when a justified nerf happens. Sound familiar?

Don't talk garbage ... I am a Ranger and I didn't go to other forum classes to complain about x,y,z. I didn't go to another forum class to say "YES, the x skill must be nerfed because it is too OP". Usually, Rangers are talking on Ranger forum, and they are trying to find solutions, build to improve this class, not to send it to oblivion.

And again, if you are so realistic person, did you or you didn't make a thread about nerfing Revenant?

I’ve been beating the drum of improving Revenant for years, especially hammer so it gets a proper rework and not just minor changes. It’s a bad weapon held only by its damage and is only useful in one game mode. Nobody likes getting insta bursted or hit with 10k attacks that hammer dishes out, and it’s needs changing in terms of both nerfs and reworks.

Similar to how Revenant does too much damage at range, so does Ranger, just for different reasons. Ranger at the very least has a great range weapon that is cohesive and works well.

Rangers are one of the best roaming classes in the game and can give any roaming build a VERY hard time if you’re smart. It’s not a Zerg class and likely never will be and that’s just how it is. Every class has weak points that it struggles with and that’s one of rangers shortcomings; it’s not zerg viable. You know what else isn’t? Thief, the best roaming class. Neither of these classes will likely ever be Zerg viable but they dominate the roaming scene. You can’t have it all.

I’m all for buffing core ranger and Druid, just like I want core Revenant buffed and Renegade reworked; ranger isn’t the only class with one e-spec viable, you know.

Back to the discussion at hand, LB still does way too much damage, but a flat nerf to the AA wasn’t the answer.