Halloween October 15th to November 5th

New skins as usual, which is exciting, but does the fact that the article doesn’t talk about new content mean there isn’t anything? Last year returned reapers rumble and added a new race. Was hoping for something, anything, to be added each year but maybe not...

But in any case I’m ready and very excited! I’m just really feeling the season this year

Considering it's a popular set, especially the GS, I am sure some people will be happy for additional colours/ effects.I might grind for a scepter and Warhorn (and maybe the dagger) if it actually turn out to be the entire set (except the aquatic weapons, obviously) and it's NOT a black kitty set.

Easily my favourite festival of the year after Four Winds. I mainly like the fact that LA becomes transformed with lots more players there, server population generally increases a bit after a quiet summer. The individual events are generally good fun, grindy Labyrinth there if you want to farm ( great for them Trick or Treat Bags: To sell or open that is the question?! or just grinding out a ton of XP if you're after Masteries or plain ol' Spirit Shards). Nice mixture of loots from the ToT bags.

If you are a new player, Halloween is awesome fun if it's your first time, great atmosphere, and one of the best times to grind out some gold, or XP, acquire some spooky skins, and just generally chill out with lots of players in Lion's Arch.

For old timer's it would be nice if they had some new Halloween content to keep 'em amused - New achievements, skins, harder more challenging group content ( Personally I'd love so see a Halloween dual arena in LA for PvP'ers and potential PvP'ers ! ( Solo, duo and 5v5 teams) to enter a league or tournament with a chance of winning graduated prizes ( e.g. ToT bag rewards and the tier level prize dependent on the round progression through the tournament etc): I think it would be something different to see a player vs player challenge based on competitive game skill with the chance of rewards increasing the further the progression. The gear could even be standardised upon participation so that each player has a full set of exotics. Not like this is going to happen anytime but maybe one for the future in a festival especially to give something for PvP'ers to keep them occupied, especially if it's a chance to competitively win an infusion born out of game skill and nothing else. Also I'd love to see a Halloween Raid or Fractal: Just something completely different or random would be off the wall for a change.....

…..but who I am kidding ? This is A r e n a N e t - chances are we will the same or perhaps a few different Gem Store Skins at best lul

Well anyways, I'll settle for the same Halloween as last year, if anything its simply a fun break and something different from your normal daily routine whatever that is: Fracs, Raids, WoW, HoT Meta Farm, SW farm, slogging away on yet another insane collection - whatever it is - just nice to take a break from the monotony of what you normally do!

I really, really, really, REALLY want another crack at the Emissary of the Mad King title from '12. Wasn't able to get thanks to a combination of having to play GW on a crappy toaster, not having a lot of free time thanks to an even crappier job, as well as just not being very good at the game at the time of the first Halloween event in GW2. Please, let me prove myself to the Made King, Anet!

@Fueki.4753 said:The Weapons on the picture look like AC weapon recolours.

They are but it's a good (if dated) weapon set and having a version that goes all fiery instead of neon ghost blue at night is going to be nice.

Much rather these than those ugly candle weapons from last year.

Just hope they are reasonably priced. Not really eager to spend 200G+ in cobs for a single skin

@Trinnitty.8256 said:looking forward to getting my ap done then going back to do what I do..Yeah this is probably me too tbh. I like mad king says, the jp and the beetle race, and none of those are really farmable. The dungeon is okay too I guess but I don't remember doing it much last year. BUT, I do understand that a lot of players really love this festival, spend hours in the lab, etc., and so I still look forward to its return as something that is good for the game . . .@The Greyhawk.9107 said:I really, really, really, REALLY want another crack at the Emissary of the Mad King title from '12. Wasn't able to get thanks to a combination of having to play GW on a crappy toaster, not having a lot of free time thanks to an even crappier job, as well as just not being very good at the game at the time of the first Halloween event in GW2. Please, let me prove myself to the Made King, Anet!There must be some other way to get that title bc I have it and I didn't really do gw2 halloween until 2014 or 2015, iirc . . .

@Gop.8713 said:

@Trinnitty.8256 said:looking forward to getting my ap done then going back to do what I do..Yeah this is probably me too tbh. I like mad king says, the jp and the beetle race, and none of those are really farmable. The dungeon is okay too I guess but I don't remember doing it much last year. BUT, I do understand that a lot of players really love this festival, spend hours in the lab, etc., and so I still look forward to its return as something that is good for the game . . .@"The Greyhawk.9107" said:I really, really,
really
REALLY
want another crack at the Emissary of the Mad King title from '12. Wasn't able to get thanks to a combination of having to play GW on a crappy toaster, not having a lot of free time thanks to an even crappier job, as well as just not being very good at the game at the time of the first Halloween event in GW2. Please, let me prove myself to the Made King, Anet!There must be some other way to get that title bc I have it and I didn't really do gw2 halloween until 2014 or 2015, iirc . . .

Yes, you can acquire it here: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mad_Memorial

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@Trinnitty.8256 said:looking forward to getting my ap done then going back to do what I do..Yeah this is probably me too tbh. I like mad king says, the jp and the beetle race, and none of those are really farmable. The dungeon is okay too I guess but I don't remember doing it much last year. BUT, I do understand that a lot of players really love this festival, spend hours in the lab, etc., and so I still look forward to its return as something that is good for the game . . .@"The Greyhawk.9107" said:I really, really,
really
REALLY
want another crack at the Emissary of the Mad King title from '12. Wasn't able to get thanks to a combination of having to play GW on a crappy toaster, not having a lot of free time thanks to an even crappier job, as well as just not being very good at the game at the time of the first Halloween event in GW2. Please, let me prove myself to the Made King, Anet!There must be some other way to get that title bc I have it and I didn't really do gw2 halloween until 2014 or 2015, iirc . . .

Yes, you can acquire it here:

God I feel stupid. All these years I wanted to get this title, but I just didn't see it available like most of the other achievements.

Just out of curiosity do other games normally add new content for festivals each year? The only other MMO I'm playing is Elder Scrolls Online which doesn't even add content - their idea of a festival is double drops from bosses or if you're lucky a special RNG bag (like Trick-or-Trick bags) dropping from the normal bosses which are available all year round.

@Calvsie.3675 said:Doesn't look like anything really new, but still one of my favorite festivals...Also Lol, who does the races on a warclaw?

Someone who cares more about having a variety of mounts in their video than winning? Or just doesn't care about winning generally. I did the race around the Pavillion during the Festival of the Four Winds as a quaggan carrying a balloon, just because I'd done it on a mount and on foot and wanted to try something different. Once this year a couple of people were nice enough to clear out some of the enemies for me, like people will for guild rushes.