Thinking about playing.

Hi,I already have a 80lv guardian with full ascended set. After crafting that, I stopped bc of that I had no clue what can I do next. I like grinding, doing dungeons to get some stuff from them I can sell and invest in gear or progress my character so I felt a bit bored in gw2.On the other hand I tried some mmos, for example BDO which should interest me the most and I missed fashion wars because of that I do love different looks of armor and weapon - all these outfit stuff.So maybe can u share your opinion about that.How about the last update of gw? Did Anet add some more except the story?

how long you had play gw2 for? and how long you away for?for me i also played both gw2 and BDO. i just come back from BDO for 3 yrs break on gw2. i played gw2 since release by the time i left i just bought HoT. and got specializations for my necro and memser to reaper and chronomancer.when i got back i bought POF. it had been 4 month for me. still lot to play and having fun on it.rebuild lots of my class, work on mount, work on new set armor. etc. its not like the time on core game you do dungeon and fractals a lot. todays gw2 is more living story, meta run, and lots of achievement.

@Hederath.2350 said:Hi,I already have a 80lv guardian with full ascended set. After crafting that, I stopped bc of that I had no clue what can I do next. I like grinding, doing dungeons to get some stuff from them I can sell and invest in gear or progress my character so I felt a bit bored in gw2.On the other hand I tried some mmos, for example BDO which should interest me the most and I missed fashion wars because of that I do love different looks of armor and weapon - all these outfit stuff.So maybe can u share your opinion about that.How about the last update of gw? Did Anet add some more except the story?

Unfortunately, no.That is the conundrum most players are facing now. The end-game of gw2 is suffering from lack of content and updates and meaningful balance (which is rare at best).Fortunately, though, if you are into the fashions...this is the game for you. It isn't called fashionwars for nothing :)Plus, you can work on in-game fashion without spending any money, which I would avoid doing until a new 'path' is clearly outlined.If you can play for free as long as you can you will have no regrets.

Guild Wars going back to it's root with GW1 was never about giving you tons to do "end game". This was because the intention was to always have new story to follow and when you were done with that you had the freedom to do other things and not feel tied down to the one game like every other game out there. The core ideal behind the game was to be story focused and not force you to endlessly grind as you went like just about every other game out there at the time. They did however have achievements, skins you needed a good deal of time to get, and in GW1 the green items (GW2 did that skin collecting thing different). And then there was PvP for those who like both, PvP was kind of an "end game" thing. The idea was that grind was optional. So it is all really a matter of what you like about the game. For me games have to have a great story, and I enjoy repeating the story with other character classes etc for the variation the playing experience gets as a result of the differences just the mechanics of the class alone offers let alone the variation the story itself gets as a result of certain key things outside of that.. The personal story has that more than the rest of the game unfortunately. If you look at the MMO industry you will find that GW and one or two others that chose to think out of the box and not clone the early days have influenced quite a bit how MMO games are designed today. That really says something about just how good the designers and developers were/are. And the continued popularity and longevity of this and those select other games really says something of just how well the games have maintained their vision goals. But like any other game out there if you play it long enough it doesn't matter how good, fun, etc the game is, one will get tired of it. And there is nothing wrong with that. Take a long enough break away and those old feelings of fun and joy etc of playing the game will be like new and you will probably find spending just as much time playing it as you had beforehand.