Infinite harvesting implements

The difference is animation not the glyphs. The cheapest unbreakable tools are as slow as regular tools.

I would strongly suggest buying tools with glyphs only and check animations for their length per stroke. The fastest tools are Molten/consortium sickle and unbound magic mining beam and axe.

@"Daddicus.6128" said:I've noticed that some infinite harvesting tools in the gem store are 700 gems, and others are 1000.

What is the difference between those types? I can't see a reason from the descriptions. The all have glyph slots and animations.

What tools in the gem store are 700 gems? Are they marked as discounted?

There are bundles, and that of course tend to offer a discount compared to single purchases. Bundles such as the Unbound or Volatile sets costs 2700 gems, or an effective discount of 10% compared to buying 3 single tools.

There's also a bundle of "plain" unbreakable tools that don't offer any special animation, and correspondingly is slightly cheaper than bundles of those that do: 2400 gems for the set, so 800 gems/tool.

As for glyphs - all tools, infinite and regular, have a glyph slot except those vendor-bought ones that have a glyph-effect "baked in".The prices for gem store tools have not been updated after the Glyph system was introduced, so the cost the same as they did before, whether they include a glyph or not.

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

@"Daddicus.6128" said:I've noticed that some infinite harvesting tools in the gem store are 700 gems, and others are 1000.

What is the difference between those types? I can't see a reason from the descriptions. The all have glyph slots and animations.

There are bundles, and that of course tend to offer a discount compared to single purchases. Bundles such as the Unbound or Volatile sets costs 2700 gems, or an effective discount of 10% compared to buying 3 single tools.

There's also a bundle of "plain" unbreakable tools that don't offer any special animation, and correspondingly is slightly cheaper than bundles of those that do: 2400 gems for the set, so 800 gems/tool.

As for glyphs - all tools, infinite and regular, have a glyph slot except those vendor-bought ones that have a glyph-effect "baked in".The prices for gem store tools have not been updated after the Glyph system was introduced, so the cost the same as they did before, whether they include a glyph or not.

Glitter Bomb Harvesting Tool, andThresher-Sickle 5000

Both are listed at 700 gems on https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gem_Store#Utility (towards the bottom of the utility section).

@Daddicus.6128 said:Thanks!

I think Ol Nik's answer seems correct, but I'm going to wait for a few more posts before marking it. Others might have more suggestions.

I was writing in a hurry. I'll try to elaborate a bit.

All gem store tools have unlimited uses. All those tools have custom animations (except the 2400-gem bundle) and glyph slots.

New generation unbreakable tools (introduced after the glyph system) have glyphs. Older generation tools can come with (watchwork sproket axe, unbound magic tools, lucky dog, etc.) or without glyphs (e.g. Molten/Consortium tools), but all of them have glyph slots. The price of tools sold individually is usually 1000 gems regardless of glyph's presence or type. A few tools are sold for 700 gems, but they also have glyph slots and do not need replacement. I suppose that this price difference comes from the earlier popularity of their skins or some other reasons that are no longer valid.

With this in mind, If you are into min/max and have gems, the most efficient strategy would be:

• get unbound magic tools bundle (since axe and mining beam skins have the shortest animations);
  • get Molten or Consortium sickle (their animations differ slightly, but have the same length time-wise; these are the fastest tools for gathering herbs; occasionally can be bought with black lion statuettes);
  • get tools with the glyphs you want or buy glyphs you want from the TP (it is cheaper to buy tools than some more popular glyphs);
  • use transmutation charges to change your unbreakable tools into the Molten/Consortium sickle and unbound magic axe and mining beam (if you bought other tools with the glyphs you want) or alternatively replace glyphs on your unbound magic tools and add a glyph to your Molten/Consortium sickle.

@Daddicus.6128 said:

@Daddicus.6128 said:I've noticed that some infinite harvesting tools in the gem store are 700 gems, and others are 1000.

Both are listed at 700 gems on
(towards the bottom of the utility section).

Strange, I'm pretty sure I've seen at least the glitter bomb at 1000.I note that the gem store history of both have their latest appearance as 30% off. I wonder if someone updated their price to what was actually the discounted price.

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

@Daddicus.6128 said:I've noticed that some infinite harvesting tools in the gem store are 700 gems, and others are 1000.

Strange, I'm pretty sure I've seen at least the glitter bomb at 1000.I note that the gem store history of both have their latest appearance as 30% off. I wonder if someone updated their price to what was actually the discounted price.

Could be, but there's also the Chop-It-All Logging Axe at 700. Someone would have had to make the mistake three times.

However, your post got me interested, and I looked at previous versions of the table. There are dozens of items missing from the table now AND the table a year ago. I'm going to flag it on the wiki for someone to take a look.

@Daddicus.6128 said:

Could be, but there's also the Chop-It-All Logging Axe at 700. Someone would have had to make the mistake three times.

However, your post got me interested, and I looked at previous versions of the table. There are dozens of items missing from the table now AND the table a year ago. I'm going to flag it on the wiki for someone to take a look.

I finally found the right place to check History. All three tools were edited at once, July 5. I'm not 100% sure of how the gem store is supposed to be reported on the wiki, so good that you flagged it!