When do you think Episode 1 of the Icebrood Saga will be released?

I voted December, because the holidays, Then I remembered it's the holidays.It's October so were going to have Halloween, November will be a bit of a break with Thanksgiving in the US, and/or skill update/gem store patch. Then we will have Wintersday in December. During this holiday season many of the Dev's and players will be traveling. I do not believe they will want to add a big "playable" content patch in the middle, it seems like just too much.With the new patch we seem to be going further North which in the later half of Jan. beginning of Feb, Seem's more likely as it will be the dead of winter. What better time to launch a cold winter like patch...

@"NYG.2568" said:I voted December, because the holidays, Then I remembered it's the holidays.It's October so were going to have Halloween, November will be a bit of a break with Thanksgiving in the US, and/or skill update/gem store patch. Then we will have Wintersday in December. During this holiday season many of the Dev's and players will be traveling. I do not believe they will want to add a big "playable" content patch in the middle, it seems like just too much.With the new patch we seem to be going further North which in the later half of Jan. beginning of Feb, Seem's more likely as it will be the dead of winter. What better time to launch a cold winter like patch...

Thanksgiving isn't until the end of November (according to Wikipedia this year it will be on the 26th 28th) so it won't have much effect on releases in November. It's a pretty safe bet we won't get anything released that week (especially since Thanksgiving is on the Tuesday) but they could release something before then.

Anet is usually closed between Christmas and New Year, with just a few staff monitoring essential things but that usually only means we don't get anything released in early January. Last year there was additional delay because of heaby snow and power cuts if I remember correctly, but hopefully that won't happen every year.

It's hard to say for sure, especially with the planned schedule having changed recently. But my guess is we'll get episode 1 in November, Wintersday in December, and Episode 2 in late January/early February.

@Danikat.8537 said:

@"NYG.2568" said:I voted December, because the holidays, Then I remembered it's the holidays.It's October so were going to have Halloween, November will be a bit of a break with Thanksgiving in the US, and/or skill update/gem store patch. Then we will have Wintersday in December. During this holiday season many of the Dev's and players will be traveling. I do not believe they will want to add a big "playable" content patch in the middle, it seems like just too much.With the new patch we seem to be going further North which in the later half of Jan. beginning of Feb, Seem's more likely as it will be the dead of winter. What better time to launch a cold winter like patch...

Thanksgiving isn't until the end of November (according to Wikipedia this year it will be on the 26th) so it won't have much effect on releases in November. It's a pretty safe bet we won't get anything released that week (especially since Thanksgiving is on the Tuesday) but they could release something before then.

Anet is usually closed between Christmas and New Year, with just a few staff monitoring essential things but that usually only means we don't get anything released in early January. Last year there was additional delay because of heaby snow and power cuts if I remember correctly, but hopefully that won't happen every year.

It's hard to say for sure, especially with the planned schedule having changed recently. But my guess is we'll get episode 1 in November, Wintersday in December, and Episode 2 in late January/early February.

Just an FYI: Thanksgiving (in the US) is always on a Thursday, specifically the 4th Thursday of November. (Not sure which Wiki you looked at. Oh, you must have looked at the year 2020.) ;)

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Thanksgiving isn't until the end of November (according to Wikipedia this year it will be on the 26th) so it won't have much effect on releases in November. It's a pretty safe bet we won't get anything released that week (especially since Thanksgiving is on the Tuesday) but they could release something before then.

Just an FYI: Thanksgiving (in the US) is always on a Thursday, specifically the 4th Thursday of November. (Not sure which Wiki you looked at. Oh, you must have looked at the year 2020.) ;)

Yeah, I'm an idiot. I spent all morning working on events in 2020 for my work, so I was still in '2020 mode' when responding to this and got the wrong date from Wikipedia, then looked at the calendar on my PC to see what day of the week it would be.