Who's burns is this?

Crab Fear.1624

@SeikeNz.3526 said:also i dk what is wrong with 8k burn if some classes like holo/warrior/ranger hit for 10k-20k in one skill lol

well It would be fine if the burning has only 1 tick ... but most of the time it's more than that... and then each stack of burning expire but continues to tick till the last single stack...which gives you 8k - 8k - 8k -6k-6k-4k-4k-2k-2k-1k-1k-0.5k (total dmg delt = 50k) ofc these are random numbers and not tacking into account nor the reapplication or the cleansing.

@Nath Forge Tempete.1645 said:

@SeikeNz.3526 said:also i dk what is wrong with 8k burn if some classes like holo/warrior/ranger hit for 10k-20k in one skill lol

well It would be fine if the burning has only 1 tick ... but most of the time it's more than that... and then each stack of burning expire but continues to tick till the last single stack...which gives you 8k - 8k - 8k -6k-6k-4k-4k-2k-2k-1k-1k-0.5k (total dmg delt = 50k) ofc these are random numbers and not tacking into account nor the reapplication or the cleansing.

In order to reach that much burning, they would have to hit you 10+ times.

I've got news for you; if you let a power build hit you 10+ times, they'll also end up doing 50k+ damage.

@Ragnar.4257 said:

I've got news for you; if you let a power build hit you 10+ times, they'll also end up doing 50k+ damage.

Actually more like 3-4 times.Anyhow the issue with condi is you get the damage even when the other player is not hitting you anymore. If you don't have any cleanses left because the spamming nature of those builds, which can reapply those 8k every couple of seconds, you end up dying to damage which ignore LoS and distance.Against a power build you can use obstacles and distance additionally to dodges\blocks\evades\inmmuties.

Also because how the stat sets are setup you are pretty safe playing as condi as you also get toughness and vitality in those sets. If you would need 3 stats to make condi work (condi damage + expertise + notankystat) it would be more fair. Right now with the spammy and long application of conditions is very difficult to balance that.

@anduriell.6280 said:

@"SeikeNz.3526" said:also i dk what is wrong with 8k burn if some classes like holo/warrior/ranger hit for 10k-20k in one skill lol

Actually more like 3-4 times.Anyhow the issue with condi is you get the damage even when the other player is not hitting you anymore. If you don't have any cleanses left because the spamming nature of those builds, which can reapply those 8k every couple of seconds, you end up dying to damage which ignore LoS and distance.Against a power build you can use obstacles and distance additionally to dodges\blocks\evades\inmmuties.

Also because how the stat sets are setup you are pretty safe playing as condi as you also get toughness and vitality in those sets. If you would need 3 stats to make condi work (condi damage + expertise + notankystat) it would be more fair. Right now with the spammy and long application of conditions is very difficult to balance that.

Show me the amulet that has toughness vitality and condi.

And show me the skills that can reach 50k burning in only 3 hits. I'll wait.

Also, your point about "you get the damage even when the other player is not hitting you anymore" doesn't make any sense.

Power attack: 1 hit, does 5k damage up front

Condi attack: 1 hit, does 1k damage every second for 5 seconds = total 5k damage

Just because it happens over a period of time, doesn't mean that the condi attack doesn't need to hit you. It doesn't "continue to do damage"..... the damage has already been done, you've already been hit. It just has a delayed arrival.

Its like the old Pulminary Impact. The hit would land, and then a short time later the target would be damaged. It doesn't mean that it was "continuing to do damage"..... the damage had already been done, it just had a delayed arrival.

@anduriell.6280 said:

thank you !

@anduriell.6280 said:Also because how the stat sets are setup you are pretty safe playing as condi as you also get toughness and vitality in those sets. If you would need 3 stats to make condi work (condi damage + expertise + notankystat) it would be more fair. Right now with the spammy and long application of conditions is very difficult to balance that.

AFAIK the only sets that have toughness and vitality are Paladins and Celestial. One is a power set the other is an all rounder. Over all between the power and condi amulets they all have pretty much the same balance of offesive and defensive stats.

Have you ever seen a berserker in pvp? Yes, a foolish team will wipe in the first match because of their 20k damage.

But then, the whole team focuses on that berserker and bursts him to death while dodging at the right moments to avoid 20k Dps. The great thing about power builds is, they usually put all their effort into damage and are extremely squishy. Power builds that have damage and sustain are constantly being complained about : holo, spellbreaker, now even scrapper threads.

However, so many condi builds are first spammy, high pressure and lastly heavily defensive. Where's the trade off?

@"Crab Fear.1624" said:ZRzNRnD.png

Are we in a condi meta?

Or, no?

I can't tell.

I do know that with 25 might, you can do this kind of stuff and still not be glass.

this honestly proves how bad condi damage is.the fact that you propably had to eat 10+ hard hitting attacks to finally die ( I presume you died? )against power builds you dont get to live long enaught for the damage to rack up.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@"Crab Fear.1624" said:
ZRzNRnD.png

Are we in a condi meta?

Or, no?

I can't tell.

I do know that with 25 might, you can do this kind of stuff and still not be glass.

this honestly proves how bad condi damage is.the fact that you propably had to eat 10+ hard hitting attacks to finally die ( I presume you died? )against power builds you dont get to live long enaught for the damage to rack up.

I have the full report.

It was not 10 hits.

Take a guess at the class.

@Ragnar.4257 said:

@"SeikeNz.3526" said:also i dk what is wrong with 8k burn if some classes like holo/warrior/ranger hit for 10k-20k in one skill lol

Show me the amulet that has toughness vitality and condi.

And show me the skills that can reach 50k burning in only 3 hits. I'll wait.

Also, your point about "you get the damage even when the other player is not hitting you anymore" doesn't make any sense.

Power attack: 1 hit, does 5k damage up front

Condi attack: 1 hit, does 1k damage every second for 5 seconds = total 5k damage

Just because it happens over a period of time, doesn't mean that the condi attack doesn't need to hit you. It doesn't "continue to do damage"..... the damage has already been done, you've already been hit. It just has a delayed arrival.

Its like the old Pulminary Impact. The hit would land, and then a short time later the target would be damaged. It doesn't mean that it was "continuing to do damage"..... the damage had already been done, it just had a delayed arrival.

While I agree with most of what you say, and completely agree the general consensus of the post. Most Condi skills are scaled way higher in damage (and for good reason) than power builds are.

My favorite example in these threads is blowtorch, engineer pistol 4. The skill isn't considered good, even if this skill alone does 17k damage over it's period.

Due to the stupid amount of passive cleansing in the game, almost no classes can compete on condition builds. The few that can aren't meta because of the conditions themselves, but due to the "cheesy" play style behind the builds themselves. Not the conditions

These are Condi thieves with their monkey play style. Mirages with just about every boon and condition in the game and Weaver chaining evades and invulns.

All three of these classes deal their damage while evading, which is why most people have an issue with them.