Gem store prices

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@SinisterSlay.6973 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:And you know this .... how?

It's blatantly obvious.Tell me, has anet ever asked a non spender why they don't spend?

No, but anytime the subject of the gemstore comes up in the forum there’s always posts by people saying why they don’t buy this, that, or never. I’m guessing they don’t need to spend money to ask since they get told for free,

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:Minor nitpick

● Trading post.

It’s Gemstore, not Trading Post. The Trading Post is where you sell your loot for gold/silver.

But a lot of stuff on sale is complete and utter useless, such as a rock for a mini.

Them’s fighting words. I love my Mini Pet Rock.

Gem store, right right.Thanks for that....and lol. You actually bought the mini pet Rock?It does have its charm. It's hilarious, I might add.

Of course I bought it. What sane person could pass up a pet rock with googly eyes‽

All jokes aside, the OP has a point, there are some really silly things that have been put up for sale in the store. I mean they could probably drop a mini dog poop into the gemstore and players would rush to buy it.. 400 gems for a scoop of poop to follow us around,.. errm plz ANET don't take this seriously, its not meant as a suggestion :)

If it sells it sells, simple as that and no ones forced to buy it.

@kharmin.7683 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:I'm sure that ANet has done their research and has a much better idea of what price points they need to hit to maximize sales while meeting their financial goals than anyone here on the forums. I don't think it is completely a matter of people showing off their wealth.

If that were true they wouldn't have had to lose a third of their staff.The game targets whales and we all know it.

Finances weren't the entire reason for the lay-offs; I thought everyone knew that. Of course they target whales, but again, they have all of the metrics and all of the facts so what is being said here is pure speculation.

You are right. We do not have access to data, so we speculate. And since you are not an ArenaNet employee privvy to their business strategy and marketing campaigns your statements are also mere speculation. Please keep in mind that ArenaNet having data does not mean that they take action based on that data or even that they have someone qualified enough to make sense of that data. There are plenty of examples of companies doing weird things against their own business interests despite having all the data to avoid poor decisions.

@Ol Nik.2518 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:I'm sure that ANet has done their research and has a much better idea of what price points they need to hit to maximize sales while meeting their financial goals than anyone here on the forums. I don't think it is completely a matter of people showing off their wealth.

If that were true they wouldn't have had to lose a third of their staff.The game targets whales and we all know it.

Finances weren't the entire reason for the lay-offs; I thought everyone knew that. Of course they target whales, but again, they have all of the metrics and all of the facts so what is being said here is pure speculation.

You are right. We do not have access to data, so we speculate. And since you are not an ArenaNet employee privvy to their business strategy and marketing campaigns your statements are also mere speculation. Please keep in mind that ArenaNet having data does not mean that they take action based on that data or even that they have someone qualified enough to make sense of that data. There are plenty of examples of companies doing weird things against their own business interests despite having all the data to avoid poor decisions.

Oh, I admit that I don't have that data either. What boils me is the people around here who try to make their points based on knowledge that none of us have, and then expect others to not argue those points.