Headless Helm? and capes

EMPI.4013

@kharmin.7683 said:But, no. Again, it has been said in previous threads that the tech is not there. Even if they believed that it was, reading previous threads would show that it is not. But whatever. I'm not going to continue to argue with you as doing so is getting neither of us anywhere.

Yeah, but we have seen with banners and some gemstone backpacks that the tech is there.

Some of the gem store outfits with streamers.

Also with the racing scarf.

The tech for the physics are there, is it a problem with getting guild emblem on it?

Doubt it because cavalier weapons have guild versions with streamers on them holding guild logos.

I just dont see the need to tell everyone to use the search feature when it doesn't really work that well, and assuming the person is satisfied but just spam posting.

Well, there's this comment: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/532417/#Comment_532417

@MatthewMedina.5419 said:Capes work in Guild Wars 1 because we only had human characters and our armor "footprints" were pretty standardized. As such, their absence in GW2 was an unfortunate casualty of moving to a MUCH more complicated composite system, and our increasing character art standards. Capes are tricky even when you have finite sets of armor to work off of, but when you go and build a system designed to be highly expandable, making sure capes work with all those possibilities without clipping across the ten different race/gender combinations, well it just became a WAY bigger deal.

And...

@"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" replied:Capes are problematic. They are difficult to animate well. Especially when it comes to tails. I know we had them in GW1, but animations there were much less complicated, including not having the ability to jump.

Literally took less than 2 minutes to find these answers by searching "capes"

I'm for a headless outfit. They'd need to do something to the neck portion, make it bloody or raggedy, perhaps.

How about the opposite -- a non-combat tonic that makes your body disappear, so you look like a floating head? Then there could be headless bodies standing around with floating heads, or a whole train of heads floating by.