Current WvW faction is dead, so what can I do now?

Knighthonor.4061

@SoulGuardian.6203 said:

@Mil.3562 said:

@SoulGuardian.6203 said:I don't think ANet would be very happy to read here that some people are advising you to go play some other game.If I worked for ANet, well... let's just say in the kindest way possible that it was a minus.I find it to be a very rude and childish thing to say; but this is not the first game it happens, it won't be the last.

Now, onto your question.I do love a wvw game, occasionally, as much as the next; however I am in this wonderful game mostly because of pve, just like its ancestor.

I have read some good suggestions; such as leveling up other characters, but you could also get into crafting, or doing rare collections.There is so much to do in this game, that there is no reason to be bored with it.

If you feel disappointed with wvw, which sounds to me that it's more likely to be the case, well, that's a whole different cake.

I tell you what. I'm in the process to level up a character, and I have an empty guild I created.If you wish, we can help eachother out.If not, it's all good the same; as I am mostly a loner anyways, and will only seek out help when extremely necessary, such as getting them delicious HoT and PoF HPs... or world bosses, etc... but whatever you do; do Not leave GW2.

This game is worth every second you spend on it.Even if you just do dailies.

You must be new.

Are you saying that all players should be happy and continue to Support ANet after what happened recently? So the customers have to please the company now? New business model?

What happened recently?Is that a habit of yours to state something, and leave the most important part out?I don't know what happened no.

Am I happy with the nerfs?No!Am I happy that wvw is dead?No!That, and other reasons...Do I tell people to go play something else?No!Again, that's very childish, and insulting to the person you're saying it to... as a way to try convey to them that the game is rubbish and that they are not smart enough to make up their own darn minds.First, if the game is that rubbish, why are you still here?Then leave and stop trying to make others leave.Secondly, it's not your business if people want to play the game.They can make their own minds.People are smart enough.I stopped playing other games, but you never see me going around their forums telling people to leave and bad mouthing it.Those are symptoms of sociopaths.Since I am not one, I am able to accept whatever changes they make to the game, or just leave, peacefully, quietly, without any resentment.

That's an adult and mature rationale.Not of an infant who can't get their way.

It's cathartic for people to express themselves this way.In wvw, we have earned our cynicism ;)

Plus, if ppl decide to come back they would like something to come back to...thus, want to still be heard.

@SoulGuardian.6203 said:

@Mil.3562 said:

@SoulGuardian.6203 said:I don't think ANet would be very happy to read here that some people are advising you to go play some other game.If I worked for ANet, well... let's just say in the kindest way possible that it was a minus.I find it to be a very rude and childish thing to say; but this is not the first game it happens, it won't be the last.

Now, onto your question.I do love a wvw game, occasionally, as much as the next; however I am in this wonderful game mostly because of pve, just like its ancestor.

I have read some good suggestions; such as leveling up other characters, but you could also get into crafting, or doing rare collections.There is so much to do in this game, that there is no reason to be bored with it.

If you feel disappointed with wvw, which sounds to me that it's more likely to be the case, well, that's a whole different cake.

I tell you what. I'm in the process to level up a character, and I have an empty guild I created.If you wish, we can help eachother out.If not, it's all good the same; as I am mostly a loner anyways, and will only seek out help when extremely necessary, such as getting them delicious HoT and PoF HPs... or world bosses, etc... but whatever you do; do Not leave GW2.

You must be new.

Are you saying that all players should be happy and continue to Support ANet after what happened recently? So the customers have to please the company now? New business model?

What happened recently?Is that a habit of yours to state something, and leave the most important part out?I don't know what happened no.

Am I happy with the nerfs?No!Am I happy that wvw is dead?No!That, and other reasons...Do I tell people to go play something else?No!Again, that's very childish, and insulting to the person you're saying it to... as a way to try convey to them that the game is rubbish and that they are not smart enough to make up their own darn minds.First, if the game is that rubbish, why are you still here?Then leave and stop trying to make others leave.Secondly, it's not your business if people want to play the game.They can make their own minds.People are smart enough.I stopped playing other games, but you never see me going around their forums telling people to leave and bad mouthing it.Those are symptoms of sociopaths.Since I am not one, I am able to accept whatever changes they make to the game, or just leave, peacefully, quietly, without any resentment.

This forums needs another option for 'LOL'.

and your most amusing comment:

That's your opinion, not a statement of fact. If you have got to the stage of just doing dailies then you're really just hanging on hoping for something to change that will rekindle your enjoyment of the game. This game isn't 'worth' any time you spend on it, nor is any other game, unless you derive enjoyment from it or it fills a hole in your life.

Don't compare people who are quite rightly expressing their displeasure on the lack of progress on the game mode they care about with sociopaths or infants- that's neither adult or mature. Coming on to the wvw forums and throwing names at people for expressing their opinions on the game mode they play exclusively whilst you openly admit to being a pve player who might drop into wvw occassionally at best then telling us all how to think doesn't paint you in a very flattering light. Perhaps if you had been more involved in the game mode you'd understand more the frustration many of us feel at the lack of resources devoted to wvw. How would you feel if there had been no living story or new pve map in 3 years?

@Baldrick.8967 said:

@Mil.3562 said:

You must be new.

That's your opinion, not a statement of fact. If you have got to the stage of just doing dailies then you're really just hanging on hoping for something to change that will rekindle your enjoyment of the game. This game isn't 'worth' any time you spend on it, nor is any other game, unless you derive enjoyment from it or it fills a hole in your life.

Don't compare people who are quite rightly expressing their displeasure on the lack of progress on the game mode they care about with sociopaths or infants- that's neither adult or mature. Coming on to the wvw forums and throwing names at people for expressing their opinions on the game mode they play exclusively whilst you openly admit to being a pve player who might drop into wvw occassionally at best then telling us all how to think doesn't paint you in a very flattering light. Perhaps if you had been more involved in the game mode you'd understand more the frustration many of us feel at the lack of resources devoted to wvw. How would you feel if there had been no living story or new pve map in 3 years?

You obviously haven't read or paid attention to all my comments.It is obvious that you're only highlighting the part that interests you, in order to give the answer that suits you.Trying to manipulate my comments and make it your own way, doesn't make you half as smart as you think you are.

Now, I do only play wvw occasionally, and that's due to the fact that it is dead.I do occasionally play a significant amount of time, but often get bored.I think I've established that I do agree and am displeased with it.However, my exact point of saying, as you contradicted yourself, that you are generalising GW2 as a whole being only wvw.Let's make it clear that you or nobody else has the right to tell other people to stop playing the game.Especially when gw2 does not revolve entirely around wvw; which leads to "expressing yourself".Going to the right section and making suggestions about game changes is a lot more constructive than telling people to leave.Again, why don't you leave instead of telling others to do so?There is nothing constructive about that, and you're going to achieve precisely squat.If the game isn't worth it to you, is just your sole oppinion.If you feel that strongly over a videogame, then perhaps you should be finding something more responsible to do with your time, and...Stop complaining.

@SoulGuardian.6203 said:

@Mil.3562 said:

You must be new.

You obviously haven't read or paid attention to all my comments.It is obvious that you're only highlighting the part that interests you, in order to give the answer that suits you.Trying to manipulate my comments and make it your own way, doesn't make you half as smart as you think you are.

Now, I do only play wvw occasionally, and that's due to the fact that it is dead.I do occasionally play a significant amount of time, but often get bored.I think I've established that I do agree and am displeased with it.However, my exact point of saying, as you contradicted yourself, that you are generalising GW2 as a whole being only wvw.Let's make it clear that you or nobody else has the right to tell other people to stop playing the game.Especially when gw2 does not revolve entirely around wvw; which leads to "expressing yourself".Going to the right section and making suggestions about game changes is a lot more constructive than telling people to leave.Again, why don't you leave instead of telling others to do so?There is nothing constructive about that, and you're going to achieve precisely squat.If the game isn't worth it to you, is just your sole oppinion.If you feel that strongly over a videogame, then perhaps you should be finding something more responsible to do with your time, and...Stop complaining.

Methinks perhaps one doth protest too much (as well as not actually dealing with my comments at all). Have a good life.

@Baldrick.8967 said:

@Mil.3562 said:

You must be new.

Methinks perhaps one doth protest too much (as well as not actually dealing with my comments at all). Have a good life.

I'm not against you, and was actually agreeing in certain aspects of the game.I do enjoy playing wvw, and feel it should be revived.I agree 100%I often question why ANet overpowers some classes, whilst nerfing others... such as OP Holos and nerfing Scourge or Druids.It's so frustrating, I know.However, it just really bugs the hell out of me when players tell others to go play other games.As I mentioned, it's not just this one.I shouldn't be advertising, but since the other game is dead anyways, it doesn't matter.In Nexon forums, Combat Arms; which was a pretty decent game, if you ask me, often was the typical answer.I just think there are better ways to solving issues other than just quit, or leave.Yet, they remain, so to keep moaning and complaining.I think to myself, no pun intended; are people that dumb, that the only thing they can say is: "Go play other game" ?I'm sorry, but that's dumb and stupid.

On a side note, ANet provably makes a lot more money from pve and hence wvw is being left behind a bit; which is not fare; again, I agree.

I want to collect those tomes of knowledge, but ended up roaming around aimlessly and collecting only 3 in about 2 hours worth of gameplay.I can level a charater to 10 or more in the same amount of time in pve.

Cheers.

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

@"Strider Pj.2193" said:I guess I am puzzled though: you say population is better post mounts, but you have nothing to do now...

Something is rotten in Denmark...

No I said the "Decline" has been reduced since Mounts were added. Didn't say it stopped declining

warclaws in wvw without thinking how it would affect community-after years of wvwers asking please not to add mounts in game you did anyways, killing roaming in this game,

Stop just stop. Roamers are a small minority of WvW players and many people were asking for Mounts in WvW.

WvW was dead prior to Mounts getting added. Mounts actually made WvW more popular.

Yeah.... no. Good day.

@"Knighthonor.4061" said:No I said the "Decline" has been reduced since Mounts were added. Didn't say it stopped decliningAnd where's the statistics to backup your claims?Care to explain why there are only one full, one very high and six high population servers in NA?

@Lalary.3561 said:

@"Knighthonor.4061" said:No I said the "Decline" has been reduced since Mounts were added. Didn't say it stopped decliningAnd where's the statistics to backup your claims?Care to explain why there are only one full, one very high and six high population servers in NA?

because WvW is dying perhaps. Was dying before Mounts as well.

We've seen like 15 guilds quit after mounts came out, and the game's population just looking at NA server statuses is the lowest I've ever seen. I don't know where you're getting this notion that the mounts somehow made decline slower, but I'm gonna have to call BS.