Random Buff to Main-hand Dagger

Kageseigi.2150

The one thing I liked about playing Pistol/Pistol is that when it did hit, it hit hard. And when jumping onto the edge of a fight without being noticed, Unload with its Might stacking really melted baddies, allowing quick +1's with relative safety. However, going back to Dagger after that, it just felt like it was rather wimpy, yet much riskier... having to enter into melee (full of AoE) to have any effect.

Assuming Malicious Backstab lethality is dealt with, I would offer up this change for Main-hand Dagger...

Each skill in the auto-attack chain applies Might for 5 seconds on a successful strike (4 Might total per chain if all strikes land).

Reasoning: Main-hand Dagger is meant to be the aggressive, in-your-face damage dealer. Again, it requires entering and maintaining melee range to be effective... where absolutely anything and everything can hit you. The ability to stack Might would reward an aggressive Thief for the risk of sticking so close to his enemy. It would also create a useful filler in between initiative-based skills, and would further enhance their lethality as well as Backstab's.

By its nature, Might would improve both Power and Condition Thieves. However, in the case of Dagger/Dagger evasion builds, in order to stack Might, the Thief must successfully auto-attack, which would open windows between evasions for the opponent to counter.

And also, since this would require successful auto-attacks in order to build Might, the infamous "perma-Stealth one-shot" Thief will gain absolutely nothing from this change.

I think vuln would be a better fit here. It would keep in line with the thief's tendency to stick to one target for the kill, while might would easily let them switch targets with impunity. Vuln stacks would also give thief a bit more oomph in a teamfight (should they ever happen to be in one) due to vuln benefitting teammates.

Note - another benefit of vuln over might: it would prevent the thief from being too terribly vulnerable to corrupts/strips.

Or, heck, just add might and vuln to dagger AA's LAST strike - nice risk, nice reward, nice well...roundedness. Adding most of the benefit to the last strike would give a bit more counterplay by giving your opponent more value out of dodging or mitigating the last AA somehow.

Ofc I still wish dagger AA's themselves had their 'wet noodle' status reversed', but...eh.

I don't agree with this. The reason why Unload stacks might is because you pay for it with initiatives. Auto-attacks would stack might faster than unload in your proposition and that would be a big problem.

IMO, the solution instead is to reduce the risk. Since Lotus Strike has .25s casting time, I think that would be the best skill to add a .25s evade frame.