Issues with F1-F3 when camping sbeast mode

DemonSeed.3528

Game mode: WvWIssue: when I camp in sbeast mode, after a fight or two I am locked out of F1-F3 skills, whether it's using actual F1-F3 keys or the alternate keybinds I have set, and even the ui won't let me click to activate them sometimes. Anyone getting this issue in the last few days? I already posted in account & technical problem but I thought I should ask here too in case anyone was getting this problem. I've tested all the other classes and there are no F key issues, just my sbeast when I camp in sbeast mode. When I'm playing my other builds and constantly swapping pets and getting in/out of sbeast mode I do not have this issue. Just been happening in last few days. I can also switch into another app and use the f keys no problem, and toggle back to gw2 and it will work again. Something funky is going on.

I lost a lot of fights because of this in WvW lol, some of them were hilarious because I was clicking to no avail and one time the only thing left I had was point blank which I decided was better than nothing [i was fighting a scrapper], sending myself to a nice swan dive off sm as it was reflected back at me - another one was against a spellbreaker which initially I was doing ok against, until they magebane tethered me and I couldn't swoop away as he leapt off a cliff dragging me to my doom. You definitely don't need to go in/out of water to trigger this [going in/out of water has its own set of long standing problems, and I think it was reintroduced again in last few days as well]. So these two issues are quite the annoying thing to deal with, although I still fight. I did not do any pve/pvp to know the effects or if it is present there but poster above mentions it affects pve too. I wonder what triggers it if I am just camping beast mode and have not gotten in/out of water [i will have to double check and pay more attention to the on/off mount thing]. Thanks for mentioning that, maybe it could be related to that as sometimes I initiate combat in that way with warclaw 1. Will update soon when I test it.

Maybe you are right - I did not have this issue when I play my normal build which constantly swaps pets and has an interactive in/out beast mode play. Maybe the problem is being in beast mode and flipping between in/out water or on/off mount back into the beast mode. I guess the only way around this is to not be in beast mode when going in/out of water or before you mount. Anet needs to fix this.

@Dragonzhunter.8506 said:

@""DemonSeed.3528"@Sleepwalker.1398

It's happening in PVE too. Not only when you get out from the water, sometimes even I am getting off from my flying mounts.I don't have any F1,F2 and F3 available, and I must use beast mode key again to have them.

^ This....and the frequency seems to be increasing. I have the dismount issue far more often in pve, but the water lock-out is becoming commonplace in WvW. I was about to write a ticket when I saw this. Glad to know I'm not the only one. It definitely qualifies as a blocking progress issue, since I lost a handful of fights due to screwing with rotation in/out of soulbeast from the water situation.