Do you enjoy playing vs. a deadeye in PvP?

Happy Yes.1453

No cause their theme is a sniper but the gameplay is about clicking on you and then landing a projectile there is no aiming involved. Forced camera with aiming reticle for them i say. If i have to aim with Reaper of all professions (Executioner's Scythe) they will need to have aiming as well. How can you have sniper that doesn't have aiming gameplay is beyond me.

@Vancho.8750 said:No cause their theme is a sniper but the gameplay is about clicking on you and then landing a projectile there is no aiming involved. Forced camera with aiming reticle for them i say. If i have to aim with Reaper of all professions (Executioner's Scythe) they will need to have aiming as well. How can you have sniper that doesn't have aiming gameplay is beyond me.

cuz this isn't a fps

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

@Vancho.8750 said:No cause their theme is a sniper but the gameplay is about clicking on you and then landing a projectile there is no aiming involved. Forced camera with aiming reticle for them i say. If i have to aim with Reaper of all professions (Executioner's Scythe) they will need to have aiming as well. How can you have sniper that doesn't have aiming gameplay is beyond me.

cuz this isn't a fpsThen why do we have camera with reticles and why do we have sniper class?Why are people fighting FPS class with a knife? There clearly ways to do skillshots in the game.

Depends on the build. I certainly dislike one shot malicious backstab builds or condi-invis and poof builds. But a rifle deadeye is a really good opponent to devise other strategies on. I really like when someone outplays me and I can learn from the experience. Unlike some builds that are flat out stronger than anything else, rifle deadeye is not that much of a problem.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

@"Vancho.8750" said:No cause their theme is a sniper but the gameplay is about clicking on you and then landing a projectile there is no aiming involved. Forced camera with aiming reticle for them i say. If i have to aim with Reaper of all professions (Executioner's Scythe) they will need to have aiming as well. How can you have sniper that doesn't have aiming gameplay is beyond me.

cuz this isn't a fps

A game doesn't have to be an FPS to aim, Darkfall, ESO, etc have/had aiming, where as GW2 is basically a glorified tab-targeted game that provides a sort of faux "action" combat requiring a much lower level of mechanical ability.

And it is also precisely why a lot of things are so broken in this game, because when attack is so heavily based on the low skilled premise of "action" combat where the game passively aims for you, then the only way to balance that is an equal amount of low skilled cheese defensively. But as the playerbase is so bad in GW2 most only complain about the defensive aspect (passive traits, invurn, etc) as they roll their face across the keyboard, whilst never mentioning that the single biggest thing that reduces the skill in this game, is the game aiming for you.

I hate fignting the good ones or at the very least I hate them on biased maps such as Temple of the Silent Storm.

I can't really vote because I don't enjoy fighting the bad ones because that's not a challenge and I dont enjoy fighting the good ones because that's an annoying challenge.

As a Deadeye myself, I neither enjoy nor dislike fighting other Deadeyes.Permastealth DE can be annoying because the 1v1 fight comes down to who can stack stealth the best and get the drop on the other. In PvP that is somewhat counter productive because it makes it harder to contribute to team fights. But, as a DE I can be just as annoying to them.Non-permastealth DE are easy kills most of the time. Not because stealth is OP but because without stealth you can more easily avoid their damage and the whole team can target them. An exposed DE is usually a dead DE.

I play fa ele so if I'm quick enough deadeye just becomes food for me the entire match. Now if we're talking about kill shot warriors that anoth issue. There double unlockable signet is really really strong against me. But with a few well timed dodges and some supernatural 360 sharingan awareness they also become food.

I don't enjoy but it's far better than it has been in the past.I hate fighting condi thief tho - DE needs to be standing still to dish damage and then he can stealth/dodge to escape... condi thief just dodges to escape + burst at the same time :tired_face: