Invisible Footwear Skin - Gemstore

@Ol Nik.2518 said:

@Ototo.3214 said:But they have a point, why should one expensive item be added to the gem store and not another just because you want it?

Maybe because invisible boots are a rare RNG drop while a legendary weapon is a guaranteed reward for determined players

And yet, a determined player that wants to grind the gold can have the skin as well.

@Ol Nik.2518 said:

@"Ototo.3214" said:But they have a point, why should one expensive item be added to the gem store and not another just because you want it?

Maybe because invisible boots are a rare RNG drop while a legendary weapon is a guaranteed reward for determined players

Not sure how that's suppose to be an argument. You can buy the Invisible footwear on the TP for gold, therefore also making it a "guaranteed reward for determined players."

@Mil.3562 said:Those invisible slippers in the TP are too ridiculously priced.

ANet please put up a different kind of invisible footwears in the Gemstore and I will buy them even if they cost 2k gems.

This will help bring down the price of the invisible slippers and also make some $$$ for ANet.

You are essentially asking for a price cap on a prestige item.

If the developers wanted the price for this item to be lower, they would increase the drop rate. No need to offer it on the gem store and mess with the ingame economy.

@Mil.3562 said:

@Cronospere.8143 said:You wouldnt want those slippers if it wasnt a prestige reward as it is now..

If they become a gemstore item, it woudn't be prestige anymore isn't it?

What he is suggesting is: your desire for the item is in part driven by it's scarcity. A scarcity which you would reduce when adding it to the gem store, thus reducing your desire to own the item.

@Mil.3562 said:

@Cronospere.8143 said:You wouldnt want those slippers if it wasnt a prestige reward as it is now..

That's the whole point. To make it less prestige. Unlike infusions or legendary weapons with high stats, the slippers are totally cosmetic.

I want the Hellfire and Radiant Backpieces on the gemstore too! I don't want to grind AP to achieve it. Unlike infusions or legendary weapons with high stats, those backpieces are totally cosmetic.

@Ototo.3214 said:

@Ototo.3214 said:But they have a point, why should one expensive item be added to the gem store and not another just because you want it?

Not sure how that's suppose to be an argument. You can buy the Invisible footwear on the TP for gold, therefore also making it a "guaranteed reward for determined players."

Also looking at the current prices you could get almost all the gold needed to buy invisible footwear by making and selling Twilight or Sunrise (list it for sale rather than selling instantly, then use a buy order to get the shoes), so it would be the same process too.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

And yet, a determined player that wants to grind the gold can have the skin as well.

and also @Inculpatus cedo.9234 , @Ototo.3214

I just suggested a reason for the OP's proposal. Please do not assume that I support the OP's idea.

I do not think that putting rare drops in the gem store is a good idea. It's a slippery slope ending with pay-to-win, in my opinion. However, I do think that there should be alternative, non-RNG-based ways to obtain those rare drops. Buying from TP is not one of those ways.

Ideally, I would love to see more meaningful collections. However, it might take too much time and effort for developers to come up with collections for each rare item in the game. A more realistic approach would be a guaranteed drop after a certain number of kills. For example, 300 Treasure Mushroom kills would guarantee an invisible boots box. If you are lucky to drop them before that time, the counter resets.

If implemented, this drop mechanic will inevitably lead to grinding for those players who are determined to get a certain item. However, there will be much less frustration since people will know that even in the worst case they are still guaranteed to get their shiny within a very well determined time. Attainable goals make people happy.

@Mil.3562 said:Those invisible slippers in the TP are too ridiculously priced.

ANet please put up a different kind of invisible footwears in the Gemstore and I will buy them even if they cost 2k gems.

This will help bring down the price of the invisible slippers and also make some $$$ for ANet.

This game doesn't have a gear treadmill, thats why only real prestige items are cosmetics, take those away and this game doesn't have anything good loot/gear wise.

@Ol Nik.2518 said:

How so?I've played since beta. I should have had a precursor dropped guaranteed?If grinding money is your idea of being a determined player, the same applies to the boots again

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

@"Ototo.3214" said:But they have a point, why should one expensive item be added to the gem store and not another just because you want it?

How so?I've played since beta. I should have had a precursor dropped guaranteed?If grinding money is your idea of being a determined player, the same applies to the boots again

Precursor crafting. You haven't needed to wait for one to drop (or buy it from a lucky player) since HoT was released. Of course these days many of them are cheaper to buy than to craft, but that's because the crafting was introduced. Before then the prices were going up steadily with no sign that would ever change.

@Ol Nik.2518 said:

I just suggested a reason for the OP's proposal. Please do not assume that I support the OP's idea.

I do not think that putting rare drops in the gem store is a good idea. It's a slippery slope ending with pay-to-win, in my opinion. However, I do think that there should be alternative, non-RNG-based ways to obtain those rare drops. Buying from TP is
not
one of those ways.

Ideally, I would love to see more meaningful collections. However, it might take too much time and effort for developers to come up with collections for each rare item in the game. A more realistic approach would be a guaranteed drop after a certain number of kills. For example, 300 Treasure Mushroom kills would guarantee an invisible boots box. If you are lucky to drop them before that time, the counter resets.

If implemented, this drop mechanic will inevitably lead to grinding for those players who are determined to get a certain item. However, there will be much less frustration since people will know that even in the worst case they are still guaranteed to get their shiny within a very well determined time. Attainable goals make people happy.

My reply was furthering the argument, not assuming you support a position.

What amazes me about this particular item is unlike some prestige items, you literally can’t see this one unless you link it it chat....

Totally blows me away.

Infusions at least blind people (or add to the color theme you are trying to pull off) but this one? Heh..

Anet outdid themselves with this one..