Unfair with ranger's weapon

Mystic.4293

Is not right what you guys did with ranger weapons. Is unfair that the skills need a build to bows pierce an enemy with basic hits, I think it could be from weapons itself.Let’s measure, the necro’s staff it pierce the enemies without a build and the revenant’s shortbow burst in area. Mesmer’s Greatsword that don’t even count as projectile pierce through enemies on the way, the mesmer’s staff that hit in area causing a lot of damage and buffing.Axe in first hand says that hit in several targets but hits just 2. I believe that should be something like thief shortbow. If hit even 3 then could be called “several” targets.If the build reduce the skills cooldown would be right cause we could use the weapon with all the mechanic without need build. If I need one weapon to pierce a target I need to use an all trait just for that, is not fair.

Mystic

First,long range shot has over 1850 range,1s/attack. Necrotic grasp has fixed 1200 range,1.3s/attack.Ranger's longbow has a HUGE range, not having pierce by nature is a trade off. And about the other classes weapon you mentioned, they doens't have the attack speed and projectil speed the ranger longbow has.

Second,Ricochet gives might per enemy stuck, if you hits 3 enemies everytime you cast auto attack, you will get roughly 4-5 might per second. Might stacking will be an issue. And again, trade off.

Third, rangers was designed to be a ranged class, capable to kill from distance, they are not designed to be aoe damage dealer. If I could, I'd ask for a trait that increases my elementalist attack range and remove it's multi target hit factor.

@Mystic.4293 said:Is not right what you guys did with ranger weapons. Is unfair that the skills need a build to bows pierce an enemy with basic hits, I think it could be from weapons itself.Let’s measure, the necro’s staff it pierce the enemies without a build and the revenant’s shortbow burst in area. Mesmer’s Greatsword that don’t even count as projectile pierce through enemies on the way, the mesmer’s staff that hit in area causing a lot of damage and buffing.Axe in first hand says that hit in several targets but hits just 2. I believe that should be something like thief shortbow. If hit even 3 then could be called “several” targets.If the build reduce the skills cooldown would be right cause we could use the weapon with all the mechanic without need build. If I need one weapon to pierce a target I need to use an all trait just for that, is not fair.

Mystic

May I ask what has brought on your complaint here? Are you new to playing Ranger and discovering that you dislike the current Longbow mechanic? Have you been playing for a long time and you just don't like this aspect of LB?

To put the piercing in to a larger context: Both the Ranger Shortbow and the Renegade Shortbow require separate traits to get piercing arrows. Thief has a slightly different mechanic which is a bounce, not a pierce, and is something that they have done with other Thief projectiles, it is a thief thing. Dragon hunter LB auto attack kinda pierces, but only the auto, none of the rest of the LB skills do. Each profession has some things different to give each their own flavor. Rangers & Renegades get piercing arrows, but you have to trait for it. I play a Ranger main and have for years. I play both a DPS oriented build using LB and a Condi build with SB. Both are excellent, fun and effective builds with nothing lost at all in having to intentionally trait to get piercing. Don't even get me started on Ranger Axe! I am likely to bore you with my enthusiasm for the weapon. I like it even better than Longbow!

Please help me understand how then I as a Ranger (and occasional Renegade) along with all the other Ranger players are being treated unfairly in this?

@len.7809 said:First,long range shot has over 1850 range,1s/attack. Necrotic grasp has fixed 1200 range,1.3s/attack.Ranger's longbow has a HUGE range, not having pierce by nature is a trade off. And about the other classes weapon you mentioned, they doens't have the attack speed and projectil speed the ranger longbow has.

Second,Ricochet gives might per enemy stuck, if you hits 3 enemies everytime you cast auto attack, you will get roughly 4-5 might per second. Might stacking will be an issue. And again, trade off.

Third, rangers was designed to be a ranged class, capable to kill from distance, they are not designed to be aoe damage dealer. If I could, I'd ask for a trait that increases my elementalist attack range and remove it's multi target hit factor.

As a ranger main i'd take necro staff over longbow any day..

@Durzlla.6295 said:

@Dante.1508 said:As a ranger main i'd take necro staff over longbow any day..

You are joking, ofc ... isn't?

I sure hope so omg.

No kidding, I wouldn’t even take necro staff over Druid staff

All necro's that reading that post are wishing their staff was anything close to as effective as rangers lb lol

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@Dante.1508 said:As a ranger main i'd take necro staff over longbow any day..

You are joking, ofc ... isn't?

I sure hope so omg.

No kidding, I wouldn’t even take necro staff over Druid staff

All necro's that reading that post are wishing their staff was anything close to as effective as rangers lb lol

I would gladly exchange the lb for the necro staff.

They can deal with the single target damage which after the nerfs is trash tier which all utility is based in you being able to hit. Which is never because of invisible terrain blocked, or reflects or blocks.