Can we just replace stronghold queue with a permanent 2v2

Nebilim.5127

Please? I know you guys already said you want conquest to be this game future forever, and while i believe this is a huge mistake, and the reason many people left pvp, i believe that at very least, replacing a truly dead mode with something else for us for fun, would be good. This harms no one, as i doubt anyone ever play stronghold.

Yes, im aware Anet plan to add 2v2 as special seasons, but i think what deserve to have that is stronghold instead. So pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, add 2v2/3v3

@RedShark.9548 said:

@Durzlla.6295 said:Why do it instead of stronghold? Just tack on a permanent 2v2 que in addition to stronghold.

With more options you divert the declining pvp population even more, resulting in even more unbalanced matches or way longer queue times

That’s true, I keep forgetting that GW2s PvP is on life support.

Yeah then screw it throw out stronghold and bring in 2v2s. As much fun as stronghold COULD be (with a few tweaks) they’ve already proven they have no desire to fix the mode, just axe it and give us a mode people want.

@RedShark.9548 said:

@Durzlla.6295 said:Why do it instead of stronghold? Just tack on a permanent 2v2 que in addition to stronghold.

With more options you divert the declining pvp population even more, resulting in even more unbalanced matches or way longer queue times

people that play stronghold will most likely not want to play 2v2. the tiny fraction of people that actually play it... more choices isn't a bad thing. different people like different things, you can't have only one choice and expect everyone to like it. with this logic we might as well ban especs in pvp cuz they present too many balance issues. limit conquest to only one point while we're at it since a lot of people have trouble rotating. the way to improving something isn't to limit it.

If anyone has played more then just one or 2 stronghold games randomly. They know my Reaper toons Sarrah and Mordy that i use to play stronghold alot.. lol Gave up the cesspool crudfrest that is "ranked" when it became the win trade wars in season 6.

If they were to remove stronghold and it's because they are finally growing balls and making pvp playable again with the choice of Conq or 2v2 TDM unranked (maybe 2v2 ranked later). i would give up stronghold indefinitely and would not put up one complaint because that means there is hope that they can make pvp competitive again and pre season 5 duo wintrade wars crap.

If they move in the direction of tdm ranked then I'm all aboard. Hell i may actually start to enjoy the game again enough to buy gems..

@RedShark.9548 said:

If there's barely anyone playing the mode to begin with, keeping Stronghold would stand to satisfy those niche players that like it and wouldn't really draw from the main population anyway. If someone wants to play Stronghold, they can queue exclusively for Stronghold. They aren't a part of the conquest population at that point anyway.

If someone would rather play both and leave it to chance, they can multi queue; which doesn't subtract from the population at all.

Removing features on the premise that there isn't enough people playing them is only going to alienate the people that still do, and look like giving up on it to those who don't. Innovation and improvement does a whole lot better at retaining players and potentially bringing in new ones.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

people that play stronghold will most likely not want to play 2v2. the tiny fraction of people that actually play it... more choices isn't a bad thing. different people like different things, you can't have only one choice and expect everyone to like it. with this logic we might as well ban especs in pvp cuz they present too many balance issues. limit conquest to only one point while we're at it since a lot of people have trouble rotating. the way to improving something isn't to limit it.

There will always be ppl that would play both modes, and its just my own opinion without data to back it up, but id say those are more ppl than those that ONLY play stronghold.Sure youd kitten up the stronghold only players but you would probably have more ppl queue up for 2v2 than you would have with stronghold still around

@Tycura.1982 said:Does anyone actually prefer stronghold over circlequest? Man they've got to be the most ignored minority in the game.

I would if the games didn’t just abruptly end so quickly. Could at least do a “Victory or death” style thing like in GW1 or something and give teams a buff based on how many gates they’ve taken down up to that point or something.