New WvW builds using Death Magic?

EremiteAngel.9765

I have been playing solo, roaming necromancer in WVW.

I have tried with a condition build, as well as a reaper / death magic / soul reaping build that incorporates lots of toughness plus precision and a bit of ferocity.

Full disclaimer - I am not by any stretch a professional WVWer.

From what I can tell, even with 4000+ armor on my reaper build, the playstyle is such that you run in, assassinate someone in reaper mode, and then get out.Building the 25 stacks and sustaining them is basically impossible because if you are sticking around too long, you are going to get bursted anyways.

I have also tried with a condition build but in general I had bad luck with that.The whole carapace mechanic seems completely unsuitable to WVW in my opinion. In PVE I found it was great, combined with a minion build.However, solo open-world minionmaster builds didn't need any help and this carapace mechanic makes what was already good even better, but seems to do nothing for any other type of build in my opinion.

Also, stacking toughness still seems stupid to me because I can have (this happened literally two nights ago) 4500+ toughness, AND PROTECTION running, and be bursted in roughly two seconds. I don't even know what I should do in such a situation.

Thank you :)

@"Fellwitch.4536" said:I have been playing solo, roaming necromancer in WVW.

I have tried with a condition build, as well as a reaper / death magic / soul reaping build that incorporates lots of toughness plus precision and a bit of ferocity.

Full disclaimer - I am not by any stretch a professional WVWer.

From what I can tell, even with 4000+ armor on my reaper build, the playstyle is such that you run in, assassinate someone in reaper mode, and then get out.Building the 25 stacks and sustaining them is basically impossible because if you are sticking around too long, you are going to get bursted anyways.

I have also tried with a condition build but in general I had bad luck with that.The whole carapace mechanic seems completely unsuitable to WVW in my opinion. In PVE I found it was great, combined with a minion build.However, solo open-world minionmaster builds didn't need any help and this carapace mechanic makes what was already good even better, but seems to do nothing for any other type of build in my opinion.

Also, stacking toughness still seems stupid to me because I can have (this happened literally two nights ago) 4500+ toughness, AND PROTECTION running, and be bursted in roughly two seconds. I don't even know what I should do in such a situation.

Thank you :)

More than ~2.700-2.800 armor isn't worth.Has something to do with how the dmg reduction from armor works.Better build vitality instead of more toughness than this "cap"

Fun fact. I just went to build editor. Seems like we can get 4564 armor with full carapace stacks xD