Issues with Ultra-wide Monitors!

Hi all,I have recently returned to GW2 due to my friend starting to play the game again. Since last time I have upgraded my PC specs including the monitor. I am currently playing on an UltraWide Acer Monitor (3840x1600). I love the way the game looks on it. My only concern here is the fact that during cutscenes the characters model and the NPC's models are much taller then they should be. I have spent multiple hours trying to research a solution that yielded negative results.

I am not going to list all the options here because it will take too much time/space and no one wants to read a wall post. Here is a picture of what is actually going on and if you have a solution please let me know. I am desperate. There are a lot of cutscenes in the game and that's one of the best things about it but not being able to see your character's head is turning me down. Https://i.imgur.com/NhNWpzC.jpg

Please Help!

You could try putting in a support ticket. I don't normally advocate putting trivial things to them...however I have found Anet like some other MMO companies, are usually willing to solve even minor technical difficulty issues through a ticket.

That's not to say you shouldn't wait for a community response, but don't be entirely dissuaded to go a more direct route for this issue

One thing though - those particular cutscenes only exist for the original story arc. They are entirely removed for Season 2, HoT, S3, PoF, S4 and S5 which uses in game character dialogues. You should find no repeat occurrence of the issue after you finish the first story arc

I don't think there is anything you can do to fix this issue. Just like they - inconveniently - created a set scaling for the races in the character selection screen and preview windows, making certain races look huge and beyond the visible borders, the scaling for story dialogue suffers the same problem.

The only solution is to play the core campaign on just one monitor, then switch to all later on.

@"Ashantara.8731" said:I don't think there is anything you can do to fix this issue. Just like they - inconveniently - created a set scaling for the races in the character selection screen and preview windows, making certain races look huge and beyond the visible borders, the scaling for story dialogue suffers the same problem.

> The only solution is to play the core campaign on just one monitor, then switch to all later on.

I am playing on one monitor. I do not believe that the core problem is in the scaling of certain NPCs or character models but in fact in the monitors that are 21:9 resolution. I was having a similar problem in other games where my FOV felt a bit off. Usually, resolving this issue was to access the files and change the FOV to Y-AXIS instead of X-AXIS. Unfortunately, I am not familiar with GW2 files and they (Anet) do not allow you to change them anyways.

I have found multiple forum posts advising of similar problems or the visible stretching on the sides of the screen. A great example of this is in this screenshot ( https://i.imgur.com/aHJtvhm.jpg ). If you look at the bottom left, you can see that the roof of the building is stretched out and it looks like it is getting pulled into that bottom left corner.

I do however understand what you are saying reference the models themselves.

Thank you for replying and attempting to help. :)

@RussMafia.7109 said:I do not believe that the core problem is in the scaling of certain NPCs or character models

Trust me, it is. There is a story mission where you hop into a golem suit, and your character model breaks out of the given frame in a crazy way. The scaling is calculated by a character model's width rather than their height, and certainly a wider resolution makes that matter only worse.

I don't think support will be able to assist you with this as the engine would need to be reconfigured to solve this issue.

I have a 3440x1440 monitor also. Thankfully new living world episodes don't use this side view character talking feature. I completely forgot about this bug. I think they render those scenes with a fixed camera designed for 16:9 so when it stretches out to 21:9 the top and bottom get cut off. I'm guessing it was easier to just stop using that cinematic feature than to fix it. (plus I know some people hated that side view talking feature)