Nerf condi thief

SeikeNz.3526

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@lare.5129 said:about what nerf talking? lolwe should make thief more strongerI was try play whit condi thief, is so hard, and so fast die .. If someone think that thief is op - welcome- login as thief and play.

I did, the only time i die is becouse i got so lazy that i dont even pay attention whats going on.

Lmao yeah u were unkillable. Sure there chief and we all believe u.Someone give this guy a hero cookie :)

try d/d + d/d bleed thief then talk to me again

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Condi thief and other PvP related issues did not get addressed with the last balancing patch. Maybe the balancing guy doesn't think there are problems or he doesn't care. Maybe he was busy with other things or maybe he is incompetent. Whatever it is there wont be any change to the better with the direction Anet goes.

@Marxx.5021 said:Condi thief and other PvP related issues did not get addressed with the last balancing patch. Maybe the balancing guy doesn't think there are problems or he doesn't care. Maybe he was busy with other things or maybe he is incompetent. Whatever it is there wont be any change to the better with the direction Anet goes.

Well u will be happy to hear there is one less condi thief around as I uninstalled the game lol but I still think that condi thief is no different than the BS specs that are what most of this games roster consists off.

If you learned how to play against condi you would see that thief is very easy to counter. Im a condi thief and in matches I can easily find the easy kills vs the players that know how to setup their class right pretty fast. And the ones that actually know how to fight condi thieves are the ones I tend to stay away from. But people like the ones in these forums are the ones I like to farm on the field. :)

@kraai.7265 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:259 hits........... 78k damage.

That must have been a really long engagement, I bet the Thief felt useless for the first 5 minutes.

well if you do the math78400/259 = 303 per tickthey put on you 10 stacks per atkso it's 3k dmg of poison per second:o

hit the cleanse button then? or build for more cleanses?

is there any decent condi thief willing to fight me? maybe thats my issue, maybe I havent seen anyone decent at the build.

i was playing guardian do u want more cleanse than that lol

DH and Core should have been able to kill the Thief and the FB has got cleanses but no pressure..

Which perspective are you? The FB that would have died eventually or the DH/Core who couldn't kill a Thief?

either way... Im not sure what the issue is but I may not have faced a decent player on this build yet.

i love statments like "this class should have killed that class" haven't you heard about player skills?

Yes and I spoke from mine so the rest of what you said is pointless.. but lets entertain the rest of your comment.My Guardians literally wipe the floors with Thieves. Core is bursty and DH has traps which is hilarious because the Thief dies before Ive used any skills.

the outcome of duels isn't always defined by class in use, but about playstyles, if that thief only hit and run all match, how would a dh or core killed him?

Judges intervention and burst...

remember thiefs just tp on your face dodge and go back, nothing else, they avoid damage while putting condis on you and they can spam this rotations 3 times every 10 seconds...

Burst them?

plus they have tons of diesngage mechanics, such as dagger 5 for stealth, shortbow 5 for running away, shb 3 to keep chaining dodges

Which is useless if you burst them.

condi thief is busted right now, and it's not okay neither to say thiefs are fine just play something anti condi, because that's not balance at all, it's the oppsite

No that's called balance... to beat conditions you have to play something with condition cleansing. DH has it easy here, remove a condition when you block an attack.

What class do you play? Maybe I can help.

@rowdy.5107 said:If you learned how to play against condi you would see that thief is very easy to counter. Im a condi thief and in matches I can easily find the easy kills vs the players that know how to setup their class right pretty fast. And the ones that actually know how to fight condi thieves are the ones I tend to stay away from. But people like the ones in these forums are the ones I like to farm on the field. :)

I bet you do judging from 90% of these posts actually

@sephiroth.4217 said:

That must have been a really long engagement, I bet the Thief felt useless for the first 5 minutes.

well if you do the math78400/259 = 303 per tickthey put on you 10 stacks per atkso it's 3k dmg of poison per second:o

is there any decent condi thief willing to fight me? maybe thats my issue, maybe I havent seen anyone decent at the build.

DH and Core should have been able to kill the Thief and the FB has got cleanses but no pressure..

Which perspective are you? The FB that would have died eventually or the DH/Core who couldn't kill a Thief?

either way... Im not sure what the issue is but I may not have faced a decent player on this build yet.

i love statments like "this class should have killed that class" haven't you heard about player skills?

Yes and I spoke from mine so the rest of what you said is pointless.. but lets entertain the rest of your comment.My Guardians literally wipe the floors with Thieves. Core is bursty and DH has traps which is hilarious because the Thief dies before Ive used any skills.

the outcome of duels isn't always defined by class in use, but about playstyles, if that thief only hit and run all match, how would a dh or core killed him?

remember thiefs just tp on your face dodge and go back, nothing else, they avoid damage while putting condis on you and they can spam this rotations 3 times every 10 seconds...

Burst them?

plus they have tons of diesngage mechanics, such as dagger 5 for stealth, shortbow 5 for running away, shb 3 to keep chaining dodges

condi thief is busted right now, and it's not okay neither to say thiefs are fine just play something anti condi, because that's not balance at all, it's the oppsite

No that's called balance... to beat conditions you have to play something with condition cleansing. DH has it easy here, remove a condition when you block an attack.

LOL, hilarious, so your grandmaster tip is to just burst? really explainatory, you seem to have all figured out buddy

it seems you only encounter bad thieves, maybe the day you encounter a good thief that.. you know.. can react and evade your all mighty burst, or won't stand there recieving damage from your traps you will understand why that build is unfair

but who am i to tell, keep schooling people on the forum you seem like a master pro with that tip, remember guys, you have trouble with condi thief? just play guardian, carry a few condi cleanses an burst! that simple, and don't worry according to this pro player right here, thieves will just eat the damage and stay still, inside your traps, or right next to you while you burst them downLMAO

@kraai.7265 said:

Burst them?

LOL, hilarious, so your grandmaster tip is to just burst? really explainatory, you seem to have all figured out buddy

Its effective and works better than crying on the forums. Try it.

it seems you only encounter bad thieves, maybe the day you encounter a good thief that.. you know.. can react and evade your all mighty burst, or won't stand there recieving damage from your traps you will understand why that build is unfair

Whst sort of player does that... its pretty easy to precast Dragons Maw with Judges intervention.No wonder you struggle with a mindset like that.

but who am i to tell, keep schooling people on the forum you seem like a master pro with that tip, remember guys, you have trouble with condi thief? just play guardian, carry a few condi cleanses an burst!

It really IS that simple for DH.. Theres literally an anti condition trait that removes conditions on block and Guardian has a LOT of blocks. Cycle them properly.

that simple, and don't worry according to this pro player right here, thieves will just eat the damage and stay still, inside your traps, or right next to you while you burst them downLMAO

Again I can see why you struggle with a minset like that.. "hurrdurr stand in traps and dont move, whats a pull, CC is a chip and not crowd control"...

I asked for you to post a class but instead you kept crying.

Oh and im not a pro either... Im just an experienced scrub that can deal with a build designed to kill inexperienced scrubs.

there was a time years ago when perplexity runes were a thing and condi thief was literally twice as strong as what it is now... (some will remember those 25 stacks of confusion and 20 stacks of bleed/poison)

Then there was the ghost thief condi build after that...

Todays version of condi thief is a joke and a noob killer at best but its all that it has left after the countless unnecessary nerfs its recieved due to player tears.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

Burst them?

Whst sort of player does that... its pretty easy to precast Dragons Maw with Judges intervention.No wonder you struggle with a mindset like that.

but who am i to tell, keep schooling people on the forum you seem like a master pro with that tip, remember guys, you have trouble with condi thief? just play guardian, carry a few condi cleanses an burst!

It really IS that simple for DH.. Theres literally an anti condition trait that removes conditions on block and Guardian has a LOT of blocks. Cycle them properly.

that simple, and don't worry according to this pro player right here, thieves will just eat the damage and stay still, inside your traps, or right next to you while you burst them downLMAO

Again I can see why you struggle with a minset like that.. "hurrdurr stand in traps and dont move"...

Oh and im not a pro either... Im just an experienced scrub that can deal with a build designed to kill inexperienced scrubs.

there was a time years ago when perplexity runes were a thing and condi thief was literally twice as strong as what it is now... (some will remember those 25 stacks of confusion and 20 stacks of bleed/poison)

Todays version of condi thief is a joke and a noob killer at best.

let's play your game:you are so bad as a thief that you can't kill people even as a condi thiefjust press 2 forever and dodge to kill someone

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

Burst them?

Again I can see why you struggle with a minset like that.. "hurrdurr stand in traps and dont move"...

Todays version of condi thief is a joke and a noob killer at best.

let's play your game:you are so bad as a thief that you can't kill people even as a condi thiefjust press 2 forever and dodge to kill someone

That might work against another bad player... anyone with half a brain moves towards the spot the Thief is spamming 2 from.

This version of condi thief is much easier to deal with than the old perplexity thieves or ghost thieves...

@sephiroth.4217 said:

Burst them?

it's so funny when people tallk like they got every matchup figured out, you are just showing what a piece of keyboard warrior you are, maybe you know every skill, passive and whatever but yet you talk like if you were hitting a dummy or a pve mob. guess what genius, that burst is as easy to land as to avoid, roll for initiative? never heard of it? shortbow 3? no? how about a good timed dodge? or shadowstep maybe? actually you don't even have to avoid it, dagger storm? ring any bell?No ofc, the thieves you fight only know how to press sword 2, dodge, and 2 again.

ok cool, yet even tho guards have lots of blocks, blocks have cd, you know what doesn't have cd and recharges faster than anything else? endurance... you understand where are we getting to now?

Again I can see why you struggle with a minset like that.. "hurrdurr stand in traps and dont move, whats a pull, CC is a chip and not crowd control"...

you seem very experienced... only on the forum, any experienced player would know the outcome of a fight is unsure, because timing,build, lag, skills, positioning and reaction has more to do than just knowing your passives and activesthere was a time years ago when perplexity runes were a thing and condi thief was literally twice as strong as what it is now... (some will remember those 25 stacks of confusion and 20 stacks of bleed/poison)

Todays version of condi thief is a joke and a noob killer at best but its all that it has left after the countless unnecessary nerfs its recieved due to player tears.

As i said before, you mighty god of pvp, you grandmaster genius of guardian skills, you talk like you are hitting a training dummy in the pvp lobby, your only argument is "burst" and "block" or my favorite "stop crying" , yet you talk like you know everything but you don't aknowledge all of the skills a thief can use, you just asume it's a win win because it seems you never found yet a thief that could avoid one of your almighty bursts, only the ones that bandwagon an abusive spec but only know how to get in dodge and get out... maybe the day you find a real main thief that actually uses that build you will se how abusive they can be, and you can stop beeing such a lame keyboard warrior talking like you know everything and foresee every outcome

and btw, im not like you, i don't think just because thieves got all the right tools they would win a match against any guardian anytime, my opinion was that this build is abusive, of a broken mechanic involving doing damage while beeing invulnerable, theres a difference between cries and opinions, usually kids are the ones who label others opinion as cries just to stand their ground, and you are not a kid aren't you? theres no need to be so childish you mighty god of guardians, hero among mortals!

@kraai.7265 said:

Burst them?

it's so funny when people tallk like they got every matchup figured out, you are just showing what a piece of keyboard warrior you are, maybe you know every skill, passive and whatever but yet you talk like if you were hitting a dummy or a pve mob. guess what genius, that burst is as easy to land as to avoid, roll for initiative? never heard of it? shortbow 3? no? how about a good timed dodge? or shadowstep maybe? actually you don't even have to avoid it, dagger storm? ring any bell?No ofc, the thieves you fight only know how to press sword 2, dodge, and 2 again.

ok cool, yet even tho guards have lots of blocks, blocks have cd, you know what doesn't have cd and recharges faster than anything else? endurance... you understand where are we getting to now?

you seem very experienced... only on the forum, any experienced player would know the outcome of a fight is unsure, because timing,build, lag, skills, positioning and reaction has more to do than just knowing your passives and activesthere was a time years ago when perplexity runes were a thing and condi thief was literally twice as strong as what it is now... (some will remember those 25 stacks of confusion and 20 stacks of bleed/poison)

As i said before, you mighty god of pvp, you grandmaster genius of guardian skills, you talk like you are hitting a training dummy in the pvp lobby, your only argument is "burst" and "block" or my favorite "stop crying" , yet you talk like you know everything but you don't aknowledge all of the skills a thief can use, you just asume it's a win win because it seems you never found yet a thief that could avoid one of your almighty bursts, only the ones that bandwagon an abusive spec but only know how to get in dodge and get out... maybe the day you find a real main thief that actually uses that build you will se how abusive they can be, and you can stop beeing such a lame keyboard warrior talking like you know everything and foresee every outcome

and btw, im not like you, i don't think just because thieves got all the right tools they would win a match against any guardian anytime, my opinion was that this build is abusive, of a broken mechanic involving doing damage while beeing invulnerable, theres a difference between cries and opinions, usually kids are the ones who label others opinion as cries just to stand their ground, and you are not a kid aren't you? theres no need to be so childish you mighty god of guardians, hero among mortals!

Sounds like your issues.I do fine, you dont. I learnt how to deal with condi Thief about 5 years ago. Enough said.

By the way you're the one name calling like a child, not me. I offered help and you found it easier to cry. Thats your issue and not mine.

You have inspired me though, You'll love my next post that ill do tonight when im home from work.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

Burst them?

Sounds like your issues.I do fine, you dont. Enough said.lol what a smart fella, such a mature comeback...

By the way you're the one throwing around insults like a child, not me. I offered help and you found it easier to cry.insults? it's called sarcasm my friend, when did i use insults? you are the one who keeps labeling opinions as cries, maybe because you got no more arguments left?also funny you say you were trying to help "can't kill thieves? play guardian and burst! that simple now stop crying"So helpfull lmaobut whatever buddy, you seem very smart and you got all figured out keep it up with that forum wars, you all mighty keyboard warrior lol killer of all thieves in one burst! what a legend

You have inspired me though, You'll love my next post.

@kraai.7265 said:

Burst them?

Sounds like your issues.I do fine, you dont. Enough said.lol what a smart fella, such a mature comeback...

By the way you're the one throwing around insults like a child, not me. I offered help and you found it easier to cry.insults? it's called sarcasm my friend, when did i use insults? you are the one who keeps labeling opinions as cries, maybe because you got no more arguments left?also funny you say you were trying to help "can't kill thieves? play guardian and burst! that simple now stop crying"So helpfull lmaobut whatever buddy, you seem very smart and you got all figured out keep it up with that forum wars, you all mighty keyboard warrior lol killer of all thieves in one burst! what a legend

You have inspired me though, You'll love my next post.

I didn't use an insult... it was an observation.Why would I argue with someone who's clearly having trouble? Youre the one having trouble and I believe that, I just dont share your issues.

Edit: well... this is going to sound crazy to most people...

I believe in the universe and the signs it gives on wether to do something or not.The video I had planned was going to be brutal, basically show casing a DH running a pure PvE build with my only cleansing options being 1 trait and what ever blocks I could rotate playing with less than 15 fps, screen freezes and general lag with people warping everywhere.

1st game I recorded: 1 condi thief.After killing him in the first fight rather easily, he rage quit leaving the other team down a man. I suck at mid fights and died a few times before taking the side nodes and winning 1v2 against a spellbreaker from MAS and a Fire Weaver.

2nd game there was no condi thief on either team but was a 4v5 again favouring the other team. We still won. I was rather pleased with this game and wish I recorded it.

3rd game there wasnt a thief in game and the other team was a 4 man...

So i thought "screw this game" and played something else.

This morning I logged on for a game before work. Was against 2 condi thieves... while winning 1v2 against them my power went out from a storm passing over.

I can upload half a match from my first game but the universe told me not be a dick in order to prove my point as I was typing in local chat while killing thieves and playing with less than 15 fps with a ping of 200+ on a pure pve build.Up to you if ya want the first match. It shows my lag and what not with people teleporting and warping everywhere but I still managed fine anyway.

Condi thieves are the easiest things to kill if you actually learn how to play against them. But most of you wont. instead, you will keep doing what you do with the same fail build getting the same results. And after the condi thief farms you in a match or two because you CHOOSE to not learn how to play against them, You come here and cry about it.Condi thief doesn't need a nerf.. YOU need a personal skill buff.

@rowdy.5107 said:Condi thieves are the easiest things to kill if you actually learn how to play against them. But most of you wont. instead, you will keep doing what you do with the same fail build getting the same results. And after the condi thief farms you in a match or two because you CHOOSE to not learn how to play against them, You come here and cry about it.Condi thief doesn't need a nerf.. YOU need a personal skill buff.

say the condi thief

@rowdy.5107 said:Condi thieves are the easiest things to kill if you actually learn how to play against them. But most of you wont. instead, you will keep doing what you do with the same fail build getting the same results. And after the condi thief farms you in a match or two because you CHOOSE to not learn how to play against them, You come here and cry about it.Condi thief doesn't need a nerf.. YOU need a personal skill buff.Actually it does need a mechanics nerf, there isn't much risk reward gameplay for the amount of damage applied it should probably take a trimming in some other area if it does allot of damage since the build works in all positions very well. Right now it it is always the same port in trow some conditions port out, repeat, if they f up daggerstorm or port out and run away and reset, chose to attack the same point with the weakened player or move to another location and pressure there while that player is slowly trudging to help. It is not something hyper OP the problem is that it feels cheap and cheesy. The build is just constantly in control and it is never in danger, it can't really be outplayed and you can't really win, it is a draw or loss, the only way to down the thief is for him to get greedy and make a mistake. People just want to fight and thief is just not really fighting.

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

@rowdy.5107 said:Condi thieves are the easiest things to kill if you actually learn how to play against them. But most of you wont. instead, you will keep doing what you do with the same fail build getting the same results. And after the condi thief farms you in a match or two because you CHOOSE to not learn how to play against them, You come here and cry about it.Condi thief doesn't need a nerf.. YOU need a personal skill buff.

say the condi thief

He's 100% right though.

This version of condi thief is much easier to deal with than ghost thief or perplexity thieves back in the day

@sephiroth.4217 said:

say the condi thief

He's 100% right though.

This version of condi thief is much easier to deal with than ghost thief or perplexity thieves back in the day

I want to play devils advocate and say condi thief is OP, I even made a thread about it.

But, I only have shadow step and weapon swap as my condi clear (play glass core dp) and I rarely lose to this kit.

Trying to see things from a different perspective, didn't want to be the thief defending any broken stuff.

Back when potent poison was 33/33 and the conditions of lotus training lasted twice as long, and panic strike poison lasted twice as long, people had something to complain about with legitimacy.

YOU HAVE TO SPEC MORE CLEARS WHEN YOU SEE A DAREDEVIL...

or play a spec that has no problem with it...weaver, ranger, guardian, (sometimes) warrior, another daredevil, condi mirage.

note: but I know what their rotation is and what thief animations look like by heart, so there is that...

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

say the condi thief

He's 100% right though.

I want to play devils advocate and say condi thief is OP, I even made a thread about it.

But, I only have shadow step and weapon swap as my condi clear (play glass core dp) and I rarely lose to this kit.

Trying to see things from a different perspective, didn't want to be the thief defending any broken stuff.

Back when potent poison was 33/33 and the conditions of lotus training lasted twice as long, and panic strike poison lasted twice as long, people had something to complain about with legitimacy.

or play a spec that has no problem with it...weaver, ranger, guardian, (sometimes) warrior, another daredevil, condi mirage.

note: but I know what their rotation is and what thief animations look like by heart, so there is that...

And thats the discussion... Guardian Vs Condi Thief.

I was mostly trying to tell the other guy that every spec has a way to deal with it, Guardian most of all.

seeing as thats the class that was brought up I said DH and Core guard should be able to handle it and burst the thief quick enough to not be an issue, I was foolish enough to try and help someone with thier class until thier consistent tears revved me up to play a full pve DH build with less than 15 fps and lag so bad it makes people warp to drive the point home.

Too many people forget that thief is vulnerable in the instant it gap closes - except if they play DP, but nobody, not even that weird crab fear guy, plays THAT anymore. Goodness.

So just cast a CC the moment you see the thief disappear, or get them at the end of their dodge. Obviously there are other class mechanics to deal with and you won't insta-win just by doing that, but c'mon.

My offer to log onto NA and spam sword 2 on anyone who likes so they can learn the timing is still open.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

say the condi thief

He's 100% right though.

I was mostly trying to tell the other guy that every spec has a way to deal with it, Guardian most of all.

seeing as thats the class that was brought up I said DH and Core guard should be able to handle it and burst the thief quick enough to not be an issue, I was foolish enough to try and help someone with thier class until thier consistent tears revved me up to play a full pve DH build with less than 15 fps and lag so bad it makes people warp to drive the point home.

Power thief using s/x and traited acro can deal with this build with few issues. Withdraw as the heal will cleanse all the movement impairing conditions on use. Trait trickster and say goodbye to the poison and torment stacks on an under 15 seconds cooldown. Your own dodges will apply will apply swiftness and remove movement impairing conditions. Your own #2 port will apply swiftness and remove movement impairing conditions. That port will also remove a condition on use. If you are in the DD spech escapists removes a condition on dodge if an attack evaded. If the condi thief in sword uses port/dodge/dodge just dodge after the port and his impaling lotus avoided.

I also play a warrior that has plenty of cleanses to deal with that build.

@babazhook.6805 said:

say the condi thief

He's 100% right though.

Power thief using s/x and traited acro can deal with this build with few issues. Withdraw as the heal will cleanse all the movement impairing conditions on use. Trait trickster and say goodbye to the poison and torment stacks on an under 15 seconds cooldown. Your own dodges will apply will apply swiftness and remove movement impairing conditions. Your own #2 port will apply swiftness and remove movement impairing conditions. That port will also remove a condition on use. If you are in the DD spech escapists removes a condition on dodge if an attack evaded. If the condi thief in sword uses port/dodge/dodge just dodge after the port and his impaling lotus avoided.

I also play a warrior that has plenty of cleanses to deal with that build.

This is what I call a good thief... someone not relying on condi cheese and can still be effective.

Hopefully your post helps those thieves who struggle against condi DD.

Condi daredevil is used by scrubs to kill scrubs imo.