OPTIONAL Premium and housing

reative.4093

A company needs money for development, it's natural. The MMO market is not as dynamic as it used to be.

GW2 offers lots of stuff for free, that's great.

My idea is, let ArenaNet send a survey to every user what he thinks about the optional PREMIUM game model.Every free user will have access to the entire game, both the cradle and the extras.

Let Premium cost no more than $ 9.99 (i.e. less than in WoW).

What must PREMIUM offer?

• free mount skin every month
  • a few crystals for shopping from the store
  • own piece of the world, or home. Only premium owners will have their own home. When the premium expires, we lose access to the house (as in Albion Online), but the house does not delete (as in Final Fantasy XIV).

There will be additional opportunities to buy home furnishings in the store.

Let there be a new profession for players, available to everyone, the production of home items.

Premium will be available for purchase ONLY and only by real currency, not by exchanging gold for crystals.

GW2 has a large user base who will be happy to pay for their game to develop.

I disagree with having a premium. It's not something I would invest in.

There's already too much useless junk in the Gem Store as it is. Mainly because I can't use it or don't see the relevance to the dlc item that Anet is advertising. Now if they add a flying mount for sale that is similar to the Skyscale, than yea....I would buy it. But than again Anet isn't like Bethesda at all and they don't add in special weapons and armor that make you like a demi god in the game.

Now if you want those things. Play Skyrim with mods.

Housing is something that many MMO games have.... hmmm... So You want have BUG game updates, You want have Expansions packs?But You just don't want pay money for anything?

This game will die, not because of ArenaNet, just because people who want only for free. Wake up people. Wake up.

Give em a marriage system - this system is also in many mmo games.

Anet isn't like Bethesda at all and they don't add in special weapons and armor that make you like a demi god in the game. - they also don't have this things.

I think some of You need try different games, see what system they have.

ArenNet need monetization system better they then have now... or they end like Wildstar.

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:I am pumping real money into the game every month, because I like it. But I am against that 'premium' idea. I would like to be able to customize my home instance a bit tbh - and I would pay for that priviledge. But it is something I can happily live without.

I pumping money also every month, like 20$ every month even if i don't need. Because i like game. This is why i post this idea, because i like GW2 and i don't want see this game dead.And also i see what is trendy now in MMO games - housing.

But it is something I can happily live without. exactly this is why i call this OPTIONAL - not everyone need housing (i never like this in any mmo game, for my it's just waste of time) but i know many people love this thing, and in some games they pay only to have this.

Wildstar ended up like it did because of which community they tried to target, the massive hardcore minority, GW2 will end up that way if it drives out the massive playerbase it has due to going P2doanything.

And did you miss the part where i put money into this game? probably more than most players have.

Housing, and marriage dont interest me, certainly not enough to pay a idiotic thing like "Premium" for, when those things should be added to expansions if they get added all.

Weapons and armor that make you a demi god, thank goodness they dont exist here.

I want story, new skills, new maps, mechanics, weapon types, also things that should be in expansions.

@"Dante.1763" said:Housing, and marriage dont interest me, certainly not enough to pay a idiotic thing like "Premium" for, when those things should be added to expansions if they get added all.

My god... Yes! This is why i call this OPTIONAL - you don't need this, You don't like this, like ME. But is many, many people who love this and want and they can just come to game only because of the housing system.

Thanks to this people ArenNet make more money and they can invest this money for things You want like story, raids etc.

should be in expansions. too make this you need MONEY.

@reative.4093 said:Unfortunately, a large proportion of players of this type of games (f2p) are children who have no idea how the world of adults works.

Where's your evidence for such an assumption and generalisation?

My idea is, let ArenaNet send a survey to every user what he thinks about the optional PREMIUM game model.Every free user will have access to the entire game, both the cradle and the extras.

Let Premium cost no more than $ 9.99 (i.e. less than in WoW).

What must PREMIUM offer?

• free mount skin every month

So a mount skin thats cheaper than what they're selling them for...plus more things? HAHAHAHAHAHaHAHAHAHA

• a few crystals for shopping from the store

gems you mean?

• own piece of the world, or home. Only premium owners will have their own home. When the premium expires, we lose access to the house (as in Albion Online), but the house does not delete (as in Final Fantasy XIV).

Id be ok with this...but unlikely...would make sense to give access to home free, but make crafting decorations for it pricy so it encourages gems to gold...or buy decor from the gem store.

There will be additional opportunities to buy home furnishings in the store.

ok

Let there be a new profession for players, available to everyone, the production of home items.

no, just use jewelers. or scribe

Premium will be available for purchase ONLY and only by real currency, not by exchanging gold for gems.

GW2 has a large user base who will be happy to pay for their game to develop.

you can do this by buying gems.

Free users will whine, of course. Because, according to them, everything should be free (but they will one day grow up and understand that they pay for life).

assumption again....I think most ftp players evertually by the expansion because there only so much ro do in core before you get bored.

@"mindcircus.1506" said:A quick search of the forums will reveal both of these options requested in existing threads you can add your voice to.Characterizing people who would rather not pay a sub fee as "children" doesn't exactly inspire confidence in your message.

Cheap people is better? But in f2p games play many kids, because it's F2P.

And be kids is nothing bad, games for everyone. But the problem is that kids, because they are young they don't pay bills. So they don't understand why someone want you pay for something and don't give You this for free.

@reative.4093 said:

@"mindcircus.1506" said:A quick search of the forums will reveal both of these options requested in existing threads you can add your voice to.Characterizing people who would rather not pay a sub fee as "children" doesn't exactly inspire confidence in your message.

Statistics on that please?

@reative.4093 said:

Cheap people is better? But in f2p game play many kids, because it's F2P.

I find your preconceptions and inability to use the forum search function childish.

@Dante.1763 said:

Use google my friend if You don't believe in this. Make some research.

@mindcircus.1506 said:

@mindcircus.1506 said:A quick search of the forums will reveal both of these options requested in existing threads you can add your voice to.Characterizing people who would rather not pay a sub fee as "children" doesn't exactly inspire confidence in your message.

Cheap people is better? But in f2p game play many kids, because it's F2P.

I find your preconceptions and inability to use the forum search function childish.

Thats ok. Thank You.

@reative.4093 said:

Its the responsibility of the person providing the claim to present the data.

No premium versions (did that with a free to play game and it's been a year and a half and they STILL haven't added anything new for premium members but a ton of cash shop crap), no 'optional' subs that are basically a way to gut the main game to make it mandatory. No. Just no.

Want revenue? Give us a free housing instance and put custom furniture and kitten in the shop while allowing access to the rest via crafting the way ESO is set up. (Get the Balthazar furniture set for 1200 gems, includes a statue of Balthy, forged furniture and his dogs to place where you see fit.) Hell, just copy ESO's whole model (I've stated before the Earthtear Cavern carries a $100 price tag) and improve on it cause I know ArenaNet can rock that out so much better than Zeni has. Not only would that give crafting a nice boost with new items to make, it'd give a new way to make gold in game and we can see how creative everyone is with random objects (I still have screenshots of the Futurama plot I found in Wildstar that had Bender fighting the stabby robot!).

@reative.4093 said:

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:I am pumping real money into the game every month, because I like it. But I am against that 'premium' idea. I would like to be able to customize my home instance a bit tbh - and I would pay for that priviledge. But it is something I can happily live without.

I pumping money also every month, like 20$ every month even if i don't need. Because i like game. This is why i post this idea, because i like GW2 and i don't want see this game dead.And also i see what is trendy now in MMO games - housing.

But many of us would take our money and go elsewhere.

Would the number who buy the premium outweigh those of us that leave?

@Dante.1763 said:

Oh God... I wish ArenNet best and i hope with community like this i see here... They survey next 10 years. Have a great day all.

Thanks to You i see how wrong i was.

@Seera.5916 said:

I think is better try then just sitting, complaining and do nothing.

@reative.4093 said:

I think is better try then just sitting, complaining and do nothing.

Or just maybe they should offer decent items in their Gem store and give good quality content out for free.

Like is their current policy. Whether they succeed at that or not is subjective.

@reative.4093 said:

Oh God... I wish ArenNet best and i hope with community like this i see here... They survey next 10 years. Have a great day all.

Thanks to You i see how wrong i was.

i do to, considering how much i put into this game every month :D