Icebrood Saga Reward Track, Dissapointing rewards?

Azertah.5804

I recently completed the repeatable icebrood saga reward track and couldn't believe how dissapointing the final reward chest was. I'm a fairly casual WvW player so the track took me about a week to complete, and what was the reward? A mind blowing 10 hatched chilis/other icebrood saga material of your choosing + the usual stuff. I can't believe this was intentional 10 hatched chilis is next to nothing, even the strike mission gives you 9 and takes fraction of the time compared to a full reward track.

I was hoping to play WvW as a alternative to the PvE maps and gather materials in advance to avoid possible material gates in the future, but the materials gained from the track are so minimal it's just not worth the time in its current state.

I hope this is a honest mistake, and devs could re-evaluate if the current iteration of the track was intended.

@Azertah.5804 said:I recently completed the repeatable icebrood saga reward track and couldn't believe how dissapointing the final reward chest was. I'm a fairly casual WvW player so the track took me about a week to complete, and what was the reward? A mind blowing 10 hatched chilis/other icebrood saga material of your choosing + the usual stuff. I can't believe this was intentional 10 hatched chilis is next to nothing, even the strike mission gives you 9 and takes fraction of the time compared to a full reward track.

I was hoping to play WvW as a alternative to the PvE maps and gather materials in advance to avoid possible material gates in the future, but the materials gained from the track are so minimal it's just not worth the time in its current state.

I hope this is a honest mistake, and devs could re-evaluate if the current iteration of the track was intended.

Yeah it should be 50. Most LS reward tracks have the option of 50 of the respective map currency.

@Azertah.5804 said:I was hoping to play WvW as a alternative to the PvE maps and gather materials in advance to avoid possible material gates in the future, but the materials gained from the track are so minimal it's just not worth the time in its current state.

What really blows my mind is that you are able to mouse over the track and see exactly what you are getting but somehow this thread exists.

@mindcircus.1506 said:

@Azertah.5804 said:I was hoping to play WvW as a alternative to the PvE maps and gather materials in advance to avoid possible material gates in the future, but the materials gained from the track are so minimal it's just not worth the time in its current state.

What really blows my mind is that you are able to mouse over the track and see exactly what you are getting but somehow this thread exists.

to be fair, it doesnt display the numbers of whats contained in the final chest from what i see.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Lest update info about Icebrood Saga Material!Noe it have:Hatched Chili (10) uselessEternal Ice Shard (10) smallRare Charr Salvage (2) uselessMemory of Otter (5) uselsssShard of Crystallized Blood of Jormag (10) small ( 2500 times do track fo infusion)Prismaticite Crystal.png Prismaticite Crystal (5) 6 times track for 1 weapon fro Dragon Slayer Weapon Collector.

This reward track has a Leather Cache that gives 10 - 15 of all Leather types. That doesn't sound like much, but considering the value of Leather I think it's not bad. I have it on repeat just because reward tracks go pretty quick at higher ranks so I can get that Leather Cache a lot.

rewards never been really good on most tracks. but yeah, u really get much progress going by just playing Wvw, and at higher ranks u get more pips per tick or sth alike, so with all boosts noticably faster.

that to be said, our server got too many times unlinked recently, cannot play much really that way. 90% of time, all across day and night, outnumbered. and once u have a blob, enemy has at least two blobs on different maps. that is what really messes up the farming speed then.

but i really did not notice that leather sells good? some pieces of it do, yes, but others don't sell that well.

to make the real money in Wvw, it is anyways only about selling the stuff. mats like clovers, mystic coins, specific mats give huge money. most Wvw-exclusive stuff however barely make any, sadly. even memories of battle aren't that well-selling often.