Invisible Footwear Skin - Gemstore

@Greg.7086 said:

@Mil.3562 said:ANet please put up a different kind of invisible footwears in the Gemstore and I will buy them even if they cost 2k gems.

Just why ??? They have to be the worst skin in the game. I mean seriously just take off your shoes, don't bother with them and get the same effect for free ;-)

.....and people put them in TP for 2K+ G, lmfao. I wouldn't even pay 25G for such a kitten skin. My advice: Save your money and your time, choose a better skin ! (Like even Recruits Boots skins are better looking and like 0.001% of the price)

But by removing footwear you will lose some stats. Why i like baring my feet? I cannot explain but I guess it's the same reason why i always unchecked my gloves and shoulder pads? And also, if I can't find one i like, I rather not wear them. And for a change too. Besides, it matches well with my bare hands ^^

@Mil.3562 said:

@Ubi.4136 said:

@Mil.3562 said:Ok since i am not playing WvW anymore, i will try farming for them. I may get it on my first try and save my 2k gem... and also to test on my new minion master build ^^

I wish you luck. I killed the mushroom every day (without missing a day) for 3 years and didn't get one. I know at least 40 other people who killed it multiple times a day for over 2 years without a drop. Of the 7 people I know who have them, they bought them on the TP, not a single one was a drop. Talking to the few people on GW2efficiency who have them, none of them got them as drops, they bought them on the TP. I don't know how they are getting listed on the TP, but they don't actually drop in game.

They dropped before but maybe not anymore. This is one of the reasons why i am not buying gems for gold conversion. No more.

A guildie of mine dropped the invisible boot box 2 days ago, on eu, tangled depths, while waiting for the morning meta. Another dropped aurilium infusion the same day, next meta AB (we ran a meta train).

@Mil.3562 said:

But by removing footwear you will lose some stats. Why i like baring my feet? I cannot explain but I guess it's the same reason why i always unchecked my gloves and shoulder pads? And also, if I can't find one i like, I rather not wear them. And for a change too. Besides, it matches well with my bare hands ^^

Hi Mil: I guess that's fair enough point and we all like different stuff. Personally I just begrudge any player spending such a crazy amount either gold or gems on a skin that isn't really a skin at all: I mean how much creative artistic design, and coding goes into making an invisible skin? lol - but we're all different and if you like bare-footedness invisible skins then I'm happy for you. But really the drop rate is sooo infeasibly low from those Treasure Mushrooms to get such a skin, and of all the awesome things in the game you can purchase with gold, its insane the prices they command in TP for what they are, merely due to the scarcity. But yea I'd prefer better just chuck them in Gemstore as an optional purchase for 450-500 gems and put an infusion drop from Treasure Mushrooms: Maybe an invisible infusion would be nice !?! :lol: :lol: :lol:

@Mil.3562 said:

@Cronospere.8143 said:You wouldnt want those slippers if it wasnt a prestige reward as it is now..

That's the whole point. To make it less prestige. Unlike infusions or legendary weapons with high stats, the slippers are totally cosmetic.

Auras are cosmetic too, and those are prestige items...so what is your point?

@Ubi.4136 said:

@Mil.3562 said:Ok since i am not playing WvW anymore, i will try farming for them. I may get it on my first try and save my 2k gem... and also to test on my new minion master build ^^

I wish you luck. I killed the mushroom every day (without missing a day) for 3 years and didn't get one. I know at least 40 other people who killed it multiple times a day for over 2 years without a drop. Of the 7 people I know who have them, they bought them on the TP, not a single one was a drop. Talking to the few people on GW2efficiency who have them, none of them got them as drops, they bought them on the TP. I don't know how they are getting listed on the TP, but they don't actually drop in game.

Do it for another 3 years...that's the whole point of making it an Ultra Rare drop, it's completely RNG, some people have luck and others don't, and some have a half dozen or dozen characters they play and kill the Mushroom(s)(there are more than one) dozens of times per day, and keep doing it just to get the drop and sell it.

@ProtoGunner.4953 said:The question remains: why make an option to hide headgear and shoulders while hiding footwear is 'prestige'. It's inconsistent and annoying. And it was an outrage back then. And now I see 80% defending this kitten attitude...

People have always been defending this, just like they will defend all prestige items that are subject to RNG...I will defend it and I don't even care about such items, but I do care about the design decisions and the ramifications of changing something because of a vocal minority.

@ProtoGunner.4953 said:The question remains: why make an option to hide headgear and shoulders while hiding footwear is 'prestige'. It's inconsistent and annoying. And it was an outrage back then. And now I see 80% defending this kitten attitude...

The short answer is, they didn't know how. Adding it as a skin was as simple as creating a new item, whereas hiding a slot requires them to change the code. The old code has always been a hurdle for them and whenever they want to do something like this, it seems nobody knows how and it takes months just to get started.

@Vyrulisse.1246 said:No. Games like these NEED extremely rare and sought after items that are obtained in the game or earned through insane gold grinding and buying it yourself if you can. This game actually needs more of that kind of thing.

Sure, this is a good point. However, a skin that isn't a skin is a stupid thing to do this with. The slot the invisible boots fill on the drop table should be something else. Invisible anything should be a common drop. RNG at this magnitude for the ability to walk around barefoot? I'm sorry, I just completely disagree that this particular item should be included amongst the super rare drops. I'll keep an eye out for that bare foot char with their super rare cultural helm and whisper them how truly blessed they are...

@Ototo.3214 said:But they have a point, why should one expensive item be added to the gem store and not another just because you want it?

Well.... because it's invisible.

They can literally make money off nothing. Its like selling air, some people would buy it.

Or dehydrated Water, to rehydrate just add water. People buy this stuff.

Another thing.... its for the user immersion into the game, no one can see your invisible shoes inside a meta blob, can barely see my Norn swinging his Sunrise amongst all the visual clutter.

@Super Hayes.6890 said:

@Vyrulisse.1246 said:No. Games like these NEED extremely rare and sought after items that are obtained in the game or earned through insane gold grinding and buying it yourself if you can. This game actually needs more of that kind of thing.

Sure, this is a good point. However, a skin that isn't a skin is a stupid thing to do this with. The slot the invisible boots fill on the drop table should be something else. Invisible anything should be a common drop. RNG at this magnitude for the ability to walk around barefoot? I'm sorry, I just completely disagree that this particular item should be included amongst the super rare drops. I'll keep an eye out for that bare foot char with their super rare cultural helm and whisper them how truly blessed they are...

Perhaps, it was something suggested by, or a nod to, Barefoot Matthew. /shrug

• 1 month later...

@Mil.3562 said:

@Mil.3562 said:ANet please put up a different kind of invisible footwears in the Gemstore and I will buy them even if they cost 2k gems.

Just why ??? They have to be the worst skin in the game. I mean seriously just take off your shoes, don't bother with them and get the same effect for free ;-)

.....and people put them in TP for 2K+ G, lmfao. I wouldn't even pay 25G for such a kitten skin. My advice: Save your money and your time, choose a better skin ! (Like even Recruits Boots skins are better looking and like 0.001% of the price)

Maybe put all legendaries and other items that take a lot of time investment and luck to acquire in the gem store, then we can just login and look nice and flash are credit cards about.

@finkle.9513 said:Maybe put all legendaries and other items that take a lot of time investment and luck to acquire in the gem store, then we can just login and look nice and flash are credit cards about.

Unlike invisible Boots, Legendaries are something you can work towards to.Invisible boots shouldn't even be an item, but a toggle like helmets, shoulder and gloves.

Ye sure, just because you can't save up the gold to get it if you want it that much, we should put every drop that's attainable in-game and gives players prestige on the gemstore so theres nothing to work towards anymore.

If it's too much work i guess you don't want it that much.

You get mystic coins and laurels if you just log and if you really want to buy it for gems, buy gems and convert them to gold.

Stop with these silly ideas.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@"Kas.3509" said:What is incredibly stupid for me is not the price of this "skin" - but you're paying for lack of any skin :confused: Why is the "I have nothing on" skin so hard to get? :sweat_smile:Because, apparently, Arenanet has something against people being barefoot.

If they did then you wouldn't even have that.

I'd probably go with what someone else said before, it being a nod to Matthew Medina aka. Barefoot Matthew.

I wonder if most of those invisible footwears listed in the TP are from ANet? It actually make sense.

The footwear costs about 3k gold in the TP and when you convert those to gems, based on 50g = 200 gems, it cost around $150 real money.

If it were to be on the gem store and selling at 2k gems, it's only $25...

Greedy.