Scourge supprt / heal question !

noiwk.2760

You have to be more strategic about placing your shades now. Since if you have a shade out all of your F-Skills will be on your shade and not you. Unless you do not have any active shades deployed. You used to be able to help people from afar without sacrificing your well being because the skills were always on both you and the shade so basically it was like having one stationary shade and one moveable shade, moveable one being your character. So basically they took that away. So 50% nerf if you look at it that way. The boon is now you can effect 10 people with a shade so this could come in handy if you do raids. Not so much a boon if your are planing to use this in fractals.

I believe it is still a valid build just not as easy as it once was to play. If you play with a group that does not squirrel around and stays compact I find it very effective. It only can get dicey if people are scattering everywhere. If you are like me an rune mercy runes, because i pug fractals, its best to keep yourself alive because you can quickly pull together and resurrect any downs you may have all at once. If traited properly.

i see.. i know the changes im jsut not sure it is still a good and worth playing support its why im asking if people tried.. but what if i just use dagger and i go melee? im likely to spend some time inside the shade i think? im just not sure if it worth still investing time on my Scourge because i dont know if its still good for late game.. or maybe just play another class.. atm i even consider tempest support or something..

Its basically a preference thing. If you like playing a scourge then I would say go for it. If you are just one the fence about it then I would say don't. There are far better support professions out there to play if that is what you are looking for.

I guess the question that really needs to be asked is what content are you wanting to play this support scourge in?

@Excursion.9752 said:Its basically a preference thing. If you like playing a scourge then I would say go for it. If you are just one the fence about it then I would say don't. There are far better support professions out there to play if that is what you are looking for.

I guess the question that really needs to be asked is what content are you wanting to play this support scourge in?

well.. before the change on 1/10 i was totally in love with Scourge in any form.. dps/support. i loved the class.. but i liked the support even alot more.. it was unique and funa nd also quite good at keeping people alive.

the patch kind of turned me down on necro.. and DPS Scourge became impossible to play at all.. the small shades monsters moving from shade.. i felt like making another class.. and start Ele. (ill make important note.. im kind of new to game less than 1 month in the game so my knowledge of endgame isnt good)

recently just today actually i came with Scourge to help a friend and i notice the support of Scourge is still good. and being so tanky is fun.. but in this small help it was easy to stay inside the shade. im having a big doubt about if just quit my scourge and play something else (which im also having hard time to chose) or if Scourge support really still work and comfortble in high end content to just stick to the Scourge.. tho im afraid it will get messy and sorry for language fked up to play with the change to shade (which im all hope and prays they change it back) so i really need some advices now because im stuck and for now i do nothing..the content i love in this game most.. are Fractlas/dungeons/raids and metas. i will apprecaite any good explained advice ! thank you!

Since you like scourge I can tell you this from personal experience with the exact build found here: Metabattle - Support Scourge . I run the non DPS version shown on that page. While it proves to great for support and can be used in end game fractals its downfall is having absolutely no damage. You can pretty much take it anyplace an be successful. I am not sure about Raids because I never have touched them. But just remember it will take some time to kill just about anything if you are alone. Places where this excels is Fractals and Open World Boss encounters. Your barrier, condition cleanses, and resurrecting abilities can save the day.

But from a mentor stand point only being a month into the game I would definitely try other classes. You may surprise yourself. I myself started a thief first and it was not until I ran into a guardian in fireheart rise that I realized that is what I really wanted to do. My advice before planning for end game content try some other things out just so you know that you are going to be investing your time wisely. Get to learn the game and then make your decision.

i playued quite alot in this > @"Excursion.9752" said:

Since you like scourge I can tell you this from personal experience with the exact build found here: Metabattle - Support Scourge . I run the non DPS version shown on that page. While it proves to great for support and can be used in end game fractals its downfall is having absolutely no damage. You can pretty much take it anyplace an be successful. I am not sure about Raids because I never have touched them. But just remember it will take some time to kill just about anything if you are alone. Places where this excels is Fractals and Open World Boss encounters. Your barrier, condition cleanses, and resurrecting abilities can save the day.

But from a mentor stand point only being a month into the game I would definitely try other classes. You may surprise yourself. I myself started a thief first and it was not until I ran into a guardian in fireheart rise that I realized that is what I really wanted to do. My advice before planning for end game content try some other things out just so you know that you are going to be investing your time wisely. Get to learn the game and then make your decision.

i see.. thank you ! well i been into the game 1 moth thats true but i played aloooooot this month and read alot and tried many things.. i really like Scourge and most classes idk why i dont like.. i seem to like tempest and Scourge.. maybe mesmer too but its hard to play i hear..
how do you lvl tho and do stuff as Scourge? on tempest i know its easy because you can have second set as dps and just change from fresh air into support especially with item templetes and builds.. but i think Scourge as dps is kind of dead now. so how do you farm and do stuff as Scourge now?

You may want to take a look at the other elite specialization Reaper. That is currently where the DPS for necromancers is found now. Check this build: Power Reaper - Minion Master

As for what I do I currently can be found on my scourge in either Tier 4 fractals or Zerging in WvW. I have not done much open world stuff for a while because I've been playing for 7 years and I have the been there done that mentality currently. So pretty much everything I do is somewhat end game content. Not to say i don't mess around and go other places. It is just not normal for me to do so.

@"Excursion.9752" said:You may want to take a look at the other elite specialization Reaper. That is currently where the DPS for necromancers is found now. Check this build: Power Reaper - Minion Master

As for what I do I currently can be found on my scourge in either Tier 4 fractals or Zerging in WvW. I have not done much open world stuff for a while because I've been playing for 7 years and I have the been there done that mentality currently. So pretty much everything I do is somewhat end game content. Not to say i don't mess around and go other places. It is just not normal for me to do so.

i see .. thank you.. well.. i dont really like Reaper.. i guess ill just make 2 chars. ill keep my Scourge for support and only as support for when needed.. and make another char for farming and dpsing ^^

@Excursion.9752 said:You have to be more strategic about placing your shades now. Since if you have a shade out all of your F-Skills will be on your shade and not you. Unless you do not have any active shades deployed. You used to be able to help people from afar without sacrificing your well being because the skills were always on both you and the shade so basically it was like having one stationary shade and one moveable shade, moveable one being your character. So basically they took that away. So 50% nerf if you look at it that way. The boon is now you can effect 10 people with a shade so this could come in handy if you do raids. Not so much a boon if your are planing to use this in fractals.

I believe it is still a valid build just not as easy as it once was to play. If you play with a group that does not squirrel around and stays compact I find it very effective. It only can get dicey if people are scattering everywhere. If you are like me an rune mercy runes, because i pug fractals, its best to keep yourself alive because you can quickly pull together and resurrect any downs you may have all at once. If traited properly.

If you are using Sand Savant the area covered by the shade is big enough that if you drop it on top of the boss people should be within range anyway. At least for a group with decent skill and experience. If you got a group of pugs that run around like headless chicken(and depending on the boss also cause that to jump all over the place) I am not sure if the old version would have helped much.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@Excursion.9752 said:You have to be more strategic about placing your shades now. Since if you have a shade out all of your F-Skills will be on your shade and not you. Unless you do not have any active shades deployed. You used to be able to help people from afar without sacrificing your well being because the skills were always on both you and the shade so basically it was like having one stationary shade and one moveable shade, moveable one being your character. So basically they took that away. So 50% nerf if you look at it that way. The boon is now you can effect 10 people with a shade so this could come in handy if you do raids. Not so much a boon if your are planing to use this in fractals.

If you are using Sand Savant the area covered by the shade is big enough that if you drop it on top of the boss people should be within range anyway. At least for a group with decent skill and experience. If you got a group of pugs that run around like headless chicken(and depending on the boss also cause that to jump all over the place) I am not sure if the old version would have helped much.

i see very useful player. appreciate the help. support build always using sand servant just knock back can be very annoying. so you think support Scourge is still good ?i guess support Scourge and sup tempest could also use same set.. so i guess ill make DPS fresh air tempest or maybe weaver if i learn how to play it eventually. and second set for support which can be used for both tempest or Scourge when i need it thanks alot !

@noiwk.2760 said:

@"Excursion.9752" said:You have to be more strategic about placing your shades now. Since if you have a shade out all of your F-Skills will be on your shade and not you. Unless you do not have any active shades deployed. You used to be able to help people from afar without sacrificing your well being because the skills were always on both you and the shade so basically it was like having one stationary shade and one moveable shade, moveable one being your character. So basically they took that away. So 50% nerf if you look at it that way. The boon is now you can effect 10 people with a shade so this could come in handy if you do raids. Not so much a boon if your are planing to use this in fractals.

i see very useful player. appreciate the help. support build always using sand servant just knock back can be very annoying. so you think support Scourge is still good ?i guess support Scourge and sup tempest could also use same set.. so i guess ill make DPS fresh air tempest or maybe weaver if i learn how to play it eventually. and second set for support which can be used for both tempest or Scourge when i need it thanks alot !

I don't know what sort of experiences you might have had playing support but for me it can be frustrating at times so it depends. :/Like "YOU THERE! You are nearly dead. My healing is right here so why are you running away?! AND STOP RUNNING SO I CAN REMOVE THOSE CONDITIONS FROM YOU ??????"

I think it is fine for supporting people who know how to make use of support but other classes are a better choice if you are in a group with people that you have to chase down just to provide your support. Someone who is pugging might also opt for a more self sufficient build where they don't have to care about whether or not there is any support around.

i dont really know why you need a necro to be support. necro dont have much skill can help others. remove condition yes. but healing i dont think it had. also i dont know what you hate about reaper. as i suggest u on the other post earlier. reaper+minion build is really strong. if you really Obsessed with support. go with Guardian, specially firebrand.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@"Excursion.9752" said:You have to be more strategic about placing your shades now. Since if you have a shade out all of your F-Skills will be on your shade and not you. Unless you do not have any active shades deployed. You used to be able to help people from afar without sacrificing your well being because the skills were always on both you and the shade so basically it was like having one stationary shade and one moveable shade, moveable one being your character. So basically they took that away. So 50% nerf if you look at it that way. The boon is now you can effect 10 people with a shade so this could come in handy if you do raids. Not so much a boon if your are planing to use this in fractals.

I don't know what sort of experiences you might have had playing support but for me it can be frustrating at times so it depends. :/Like "YOU THERE! You are nearly dead. My healing is right here so why are you running away?! AND STOP RUNNING SO I CAN REMOVE THOSE CONDITIONS FROM YOU ??????"

I think it is fine for supporting people who know how to make use of support but other classes are a better choice if you are in a group with people that you have to chase down just to provide your support. Someone who is pugging might also opt for a more self sufficient build where they don't have to care about whether or not there is any support around.

back to the old days (core game) support do need it. specially dungon running. guardian is really popular.