[Bug] Guild Rush no chest

To clarify: to talk to the NPC the event needs to have all the required people cross the finish line (they don't all have to be from the guild). The event needs to have 15/15 for the number of completions of the race. The person who talks to them needs to have finished the race and have mission permissions in the guild.

@Mewcifer.5198 said:To clarify: to talk to the NPC the event needs to have all the required people cross the finish line (they don't all have to be from the guild). The event needs to have 15/15 for the number of completions of the race. The person who talks to them needs to have finished the race and have mission permissions in the guild.

The people crossed the finished line, they have permissions in the guild, they were representing and we could not end the mission early. The mission thought we didn't finish the race because, we did not receive the bonus chest when crossing the finish line. Only people that receive the chest seems allowed to end the mission early is what the NPC was saying to us. Since, the race was bugged we did not receive rewards so we had to wait for the race time to expire. Also, we already know about the 15/15 and anyone can do the race requirement that was not the issue I was describing but thank you for the information.

@reapex.8546 said:

@Mewcifer.5198 said:To clarify: to talk to the NPC the event needs to have all the required people cross the finish line (they don't all have to be from the guild). The event needs to have 15/15 for the number of completions of the race. The person who talks to them needs to have finished the race and have mission permissions in the guild.

The people crossed the finished line, they have permissions in the guild, they were representing and we could not end the mission early. The mission thought we didn't finish the race because, we did not receive the bonus chest when crossing the finish line. Only people that receive the chest seems allowed to end the mission early is what the NPC was saying to us. Since, the race was bugged we did not receive rewards so we had to wait for the race time to expire. Also, we already know about the 15/15 and anyone can do the race requirement that was not the issue I was describing but thank you for the information.

Hmm. I've ended the mission early without having gotten the chest before. It's odd to me how I've ran weekly missions for a long time and never had as many problems as you. I am just trying to think of anything that we might be doing differently that causes the bugs.

@Mewcifer.5198 said:

Hmm. I've ended the mission early without having gotten the chest before. It's odd to me how I've ran weekly missions for a long time and never had as many problems as you. I am just trying to think of anything that we might be doing differently that causes the bugs.

It's not just us, other people in this post has commented on bugs too. The fact that the race rewards and npc interactions aren't consistent among all players indicates there are several exceptions that are not being handled properly but the guild race system. Other guild missions are fine. Guild rush was working correctly for us before the HoT release. After guild halls came out (HoT release), the race has been inconsistent with rewards for the past 4 years for us and others.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

@Jura.2170 said on May 8, 2018:This bug has happened to me a few times with Bear Lope race and other races

Other people in my guild also said at times it happened to them

We finish the race but don't get a reward chest

Also the Magihedron trek place in Rata Sum is bugged and hardly ever gives a reward chest

These two are still bugged and its been more than 2 years

Yes I did tell anet in a ticket

Some other trek places are bugged too

@reapex.8546 said:

Devourer Burrow

1st RaceAll guildies receive the first chest except one person.

2nd Race (we restarted)We ran the one guildie through the new guild rush twice, they did not receive the chest and time expired.

Did you make sure to double check they were repping the guild and had not gotten rewards for that mission slot with another guild already?

• 2 weeks later...

@Mewcifer.5198 said:

Devourer Burrow

1st RaceAll guildies receive the first chest except one person.

2nd Race (we restarted)We ran the one guildie through the new guild rush twice, they did not receive the chest and time expired.

Did you make sure to double check they were repping the guild and had not gotten rewards for that mission slot with another guild already?

Correct, we only represent one guild and we do guild missions with no other guild.

@Jura.2170 said:

@Jura.2170 said on May 8, 2018:This bug has happened to me a few times with Bear Lope race and other races

Other people in my guild also said at times it happened to them

We finish the race but don't get a reward chest

Also the Magihedron trek place in Rata Sum is bugged and hardly ever gives a reward chest

These two are still bugged and its been more than 2 years

Yes I did tell anet in a ticket

Some other trek places are bugged too

Yup, before the layoffs ArenaNet was responding to this post. I didn't know trek locations were bugged, so far they've been working fine for us.I'm glad you submitted a ticket :D

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

7/1/2021

Chicken Run

4 guildies crossed the finish line, only one got the chest. 

Restarted the guild race, 0 people got chest rewards.

1st mission ended 30 seconds early.

2nd mission ended on time for me but 30 seconds early for other guildies.  We had different times to when the emission ended.

Edited by reapex.8546

• 2 months later...
On 9/16/2021 at 11:29 PM, Linken.6345 said:

Did enough of you complete it?

According to the consensus in this thread.  If one person completes it they should get the reward.  However, sometimes no rewards are given even if one person completes it.  But too answer your question directly we ran out of time and didn't get any rewards.  However, the week before we got rewards before the race was finished.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/9/2022 at 8:09 PM, Elenna.3769 said:

Just to confirm that reapex isn't alone on this: The same happens to my guild race runs too; so much so that we often don't want to do them if there's enough other ones for an hour or so

Thank you, sorry I missed your message.

Today we had to do the race 3 times.

1st time - no rewards.

2nd time - rewards with everyone but one perosn

3rd time - the last person still didn't receive rewards and they ran the race twice.

Ghost Wulf Run

44 minutes ago, reapex.8546 said:

Thank you, sorry I missed your message.

Today we had to do the race 3 times.

1st time - no rewards.

2nd time - rewards with everyone but one perosn

3rd time - the last person still didn't receive rewards and they ran the race twice.

Ghost Wulf Run

And you are sure they were reping the right guild?

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...