New Seize the Moment in Raid

NICENIKESHOE.7128

The new seize the moment now grant 2s base quickness per clone on shatter in 240 AoE. What do you guys think about it in raid setting?

As a tank I find myself not needing well of action at all and have been using the freed up utility for mimic/recall for alacrity (overshooting by a lot I might add), idisenchanter for dps or other situational skill. Then it comes to my mind that with an alacrigade you could have a tank running pChrono skill/most traits with mixed gear setup and Seize the moment to have similar quickness given how much shatters pChrono does. A bit hard to tank, but doable with trusted healer.

Again if you have alacrigade the quickbrand spot in 2nd group could just be taken over by illu/duel power chrono with seize the moment. Though I've yet the test whether the dps is higher than the 23k from quickbrand, given the loss of chronophantasma.

I believe the builds that habe the least requirement for cPhantasma are tank chrono (although you lose out on protection uptime from pAvenger) and confusion Chrono as your main damage source on that build is not phantasms but F2 and since you're shattering every few seconds you're providing 100% uptime with only minor dps loss.

I can’t do benchmarks, but by using my favourite method of dps ‘projection’, I can provide rough numbers for certain power builds. If all that is changed from a duel/illu chrono dps build is cPhantasma -> StM:

• If slow can be maintained for DT, this would bench close to ~27k. Changing utilities to SoI + mimic (+ TW) while also ditching the opening burst would lower this to approximately ~25k, but it basically vomits out excess quickness (at least for a subgroup) at this point.
  • If slow cannot be maintained, it would bench closer to ~21k (with SoI etc.). Because DT is replaced with either IA or IR, which both results in more shatters, this build vomits out even more quickness than the above.

Discussion of StM is still taking place, but it has been suggested that the quickness ‘vomit’ chrono (power or condi) is placed in its own subgroup, since the boons are already likely to overflow.

If you wanna tack on alacrity and or the insp line however, that’s when figures can get a bit inaccurate.

If you have renaged you can run 2 power chronos with this for quicknessYou can run 1 support chrono and one alacrity renegade but i think that is more for memesDissenchanter and stm is lower dps then chronophantasma and wellYou can use free slot on normal support chrono for feedback, port, cc, stability mantra, dissenchanter for boonrip and mimic (on well of recall) to get better uptimes on both boons.

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:

@Zhaid Zhem.6508 said:240 is really short for only 2sec to be impactful everywhere else than raidsThat's all.

Edit* it's not bad; but to unearth chrono, meh.

Its 2 second per clone. With 100% bd and 3 clones it is 12 seconds. And you can shatter 3 clones each 5 seconds (less with alacrity) with enough clones (scepter)

Does it feel to you like they want us to compete with Guardian but not Revenant? Like in the old days where we taken for perma reflection.

@Daniel Handler.4816 said:

@Zhaid Zhem.6508 said:240 is really short for only 2sec to be impactful everywhere else than raidsThat's all.

Its 2 second per clone. With 100% bd and 3 clones it is 12 seconds. And you can shatter 3 clones each 5 seconds (less with alacrity) with enough clones (scepter)

Does it feel to you like they want us to compete with Guardian but not Revenant? Like in the old days where we taken for perma reflection.

You can mimic well of recall since you dont need well of action. Also if you want you can play power chrono with stm and provide perma quickness + 24k dps

Also wells have same raduis as stm.

You can mimic well of recall since you dont need well of action. Also if you want you can play power chrono with stm and provide perma quickness + 24k dps

So yes? Because none of what you described enables us to give 10 target alacrity with ease. It just means chronogade is slightly less worse than firebrigade in fractals. And better than it already was in raids.

So yes? Because none of what you described enables us to give 10 target alacrity with ease. It just means chronogade is slightly less worse than firebrigade in fractals. And better than it already was in raids.

You need 1 chrono support in hybrid comps. Support condi chrono gor buffed. You can run quickness chrono with less BD. Solo 10 man quickness is possible but not optimal. Fractal chrono and dungeon chrono is better.

@"Zhaid Zhem.6508" said:240 is really short for only 2sec to be impactful everywhere else than raidsThat's all.

You need 1 chrono support in hybrid comps. Support condi chrono gor buffed. You can run quickness chrono with less BD. Solo 10 man quickness is possible but not optimal. Fractal chrono and dungeon chrono is better.

I know. Which is why I said "Does it feel to you like they want us to compete with Guardian but not Revenant?"

Describing all the ways chrono is better at giving quickness is just stating something that was already assumed in the question.

@"Zhaid Zhem.6508" said:240 is really short for only 2sec to be impactful everywhere else than raidsThat's all.

I know. Which is why I said "Does it feel to you like they want us to compete with Guardian but not Revenant?"

Describing all the ways chrono is better at giving quickness is just stating something that was already assumed in the question.

I dont understand your question then. Yes, you can upkeep quickness better then alacriry. Still 100% alacrity is easy.

I dont understand your question then. Yes, you can upkeep quickness better then alacriry. Still 100% alacrity is easy.

Yeah but 100% quickness is even easier. So why do we have this trait and not something that makes alacrity from shatter aoe?

I'm saying it feels like anet is more comfortable with us replacing firebrand than with us replacing renegade. And I'm asking you whether you agree.

Yeah but 100% quickness is even easier. So why do we have this trait and not something that makes alacrity from shatter aoe?

I'm saying it feels like anet is more comfortable with us replacing firebrand than with us replacing renegade. And I'm asking you whether you agree.

I dont agree. I feel like it was just interesting buff to trait that granted quickness