Theory Build for my Revenant (Couldn't come up with a name.)

Cheshire Rabbid.7430

This build I made is for me as sought of a guide for me on what I want to make my profession to be but first I want to get other guy's thoughts on it. I will be using this for PVE stuff as a DPS. I went with the three DPS specs of the Thief, Demon and the Renaged. What I'm having problem with is choosing what second weapons to go with, Either a sword/axe, mace/sword, sword/sword, or mace/axe. also witch two of the three legends to go with. So please tell me what I can do to make my build

In all honesty, i think your build is a mess. Its really hard to give you proper ideas because the goal isnt clear."PvE Stuff" doesnt really help either.

Okay, so where to start?Right now you are having a condi based weapon (Shortbow). If you wanna stick with condi, go Mace/Axe and get gear that supports conditions properly.If you choose to stay Condi, go Mallyx. Mallyx is a must for every Condition build. Second Legend can be either Kalla or Shiro.

If you go power, you want Sword/Sword. No second weapon set needed. That means that you can choose whatever you want. For example Hammer as a ranged option or Staff for the utility. As for Legends, Shiro and Kalla. No debate.

As for traits:In Corruption i dont see the small Heal from Replenishing Despair ever saving you. What you can do instead is either take Venom Enhancement for more DPS or Demonic Defiance to at least trigger Maniacal Persistence every once in while.Maniacal Persistence is the next problem with your build. Right now you dont have a source of Resistance to trigger it. Depending on what you do, you might have another source of resistance but thats not always a given. "But what about the Mallyx skill that grants resistance"Well yeah, you are correct. It grants Resistance. However, the Mallyx Elite is just too good. The Resistance you get from that and the Damage from Maniacal Persistance will NEVER make up for the lost energy to keep up Embrace the Darkness. Its better to just go Diabolic Inferno if you dont have a proper source of Resistance.

In the Renegade line you may or may not want to run Vindication for the might Uptime. Once again, it depends on your group. If you already have a proper source of might you obviously wont need it. There is a point to be made about the extra missles you get from your F3, but thats also very situational.

Nothing to be said about Devestation. The line isnt bad. You have however an alternative in Invocation.Invocation gives you fury when you swap a legend.The first 3 traits are all really good, depending on the situation. You got a lot of flexibility.Third line also really good. You get more might, you have a potential heal and you can grand boons to others.For the last trait you can take Charged Mists. It basically gives you 25 more energy.You also get a Stun Break with Invocation.

Like i said, Devestation isnt bad or anything. I personally just like Invocation more.

Btw. what might be Intersting for you is, that renegade can basically proc 4 on swap sigils. Swapping a Legend counts as a weapon swap.

@" RaidsAreEasyAF.8652" Well, thank you for being honest. I took your advice and rework my revenant. I kind of end up building two different build for me. One with power but with a lot of selfheals because for most of my other class build there seem to be more coni then power so I made it. The other is the coin build witch I follow your advice. Take a look at them and tell me what you think of them.Power with self-healCondi

I would note that it's not really a given that shortbow is bad with a Power build. Shattershot has nearly double the rate of fire as Hammer Bolt, while having significantly more than half the power damage (consider the bleeding an added bonus), and apart from skill 5 the other skills are at least a DPS increase over spamming the auto as long as you can manage to land them properly (which, admittedly, can be awkward for skills 2 and 3). Hammer might still have a damage edge if you make good use of skills 2-5, but Shattershot kicks Hammer Bolt into the dust, allows you to save energy, and the higher rate of fire provides better synergy with on-hit procs such as Impossible Odds and the Kalla elite. For all people like to rag on shortbow, it might well be better than hammer even for power builds if you're running Renegade... which says something about the state hammer is in.

@"sdt.1697" said:Well, thank you for being honest. I took your advice and rework my revenant. I kind of end up building two different build for me. One with power but with a lot of selfheals because for most of my other class build there seem to be more coni then power so I made it. The other is the coin build witch I follow your advice. Take a look at them and tell me what you think of them.Power with self-healCondi

Im going to focus on the condi build. Everything i have to say about the self-heal one will be biased. I strongly belive that everything in this game (besides some raid bosses) can be done without a healer and without so much self healing. If thats something you want to play, thats up to you and totally fine for open world :)

Okay, so the traits are mostly what i would use too.Since you are running Fierce Infusion i assume this is for a solo scenario. If thats true you really want Vindication. If its not you might have to check if you even need Fierce Infusion. Fury might be covered already.

As for the Sigils and Runes:What i meant with "proc 4 on swap sigils" is that your legendswap counts as a weapon swap. Obviously you will still have the cooldowns on the sigils.Id suggest replacing Doom on your Shortbow with Geomancy.You also want to replace your Sigils of Bursting with something else. You dont have a lot of Condition Damage. Thats normal on a Renegade. However, that also means that you dont get a lot out of 5% from an already low stat. Get 2 Earth Sigils instead. You can also take 1 Earth Sigil and one Torment Sigil if you know that the enemy will move quite a lot.

Thats also the reason why i dont agree with your rune though. 7% more Condition Damage from a stat thats pretty low anyway.Baelfire or Nightmare would be better, with Baelfire pulling ahead in Dungeons, Open World and Fractals.Now, both runes can be really annoying to get if you dislike dungeons.Elementalist should also be a decent choice, considering that it gives you at least some condition duration.As for the equipment:Just try to replace the stuff with Vipers over time. Vipers can be annoying to get if you dont play the game for that long.

@draxynnic.3719which says something about the state hammer is in

Ill just take you by your word. I really dont know what would be better for power range. Hammer or Shortbow. All i know is that both are trash for power.